• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Misc. Database Typos/Minor Mistakes

Stance Change claims Aegislash in its defensive form "deals 2% less damage". When using damaging attacks, it automatically changes to its offensive form, though, and it doesn't get Future Sight, so as far as I can tell its defensive form has no way of dealing damage at all. Is there any point to the "deals 2% less damage" clause?

Stance Change claims Aegislash in its defensive form "deals 2% less damage". When using damaging attacks, it automatically changes to its offensive form, though, and it doesn't get Future Sight, so as far as I can tell its defensive form has no way of dealing damage at all. Is there any point to the "deals 2% less damage" clause?

Apparently Sleep Talk and, idk, Metronome, and the like won't change Aegislash's form. Other than that, I dunno; ask the games?

According to this ruling Tailwind doubles the user and its allies' Speed as it does in the games, while the db description in conjunction with the vague summary implies that it gives them an effective +1.

UUuguhugh yeah I was trying to fix a bug and I made a new one. I know what's happening; I'll figure out what to do about it tomorrow.

In the description of Shed Skin, the word sloughing is spelt "sluffing". Also the description of the item Stick reads "Only works for {species:Farfetch'd}."; presumably that's a broken link to Farfetch'd's Species page.

In the description of Shed Skin, the word sloughing is spelt "sluffing". Also the description of the item Stick reads "Only works for {species:Farfetch'd}."; presumably that's a broken link to Farfetch'd's Species page.

Fixed the first one; the second one, as with King's Shield, is a new issue with sanitizing Markdown or something so it might be around for a little while until Zhorken figures out how to fix it.

Scrappy's description mentions "immunities to Ghost-type attacks", but now that Pancham and Pangoro exist, this is no longer valid.

Happened to notice that fling doesn't currently take any sixth-gen items into account. Granted, so far I haven't seen any other sites that seem to know what to do with them, either, so maybe no one's looked for that data yet? I guess y'all can just make it up for now if that information is too difficult to actually find. I don't think fling is a particularly commonly-used move and it's not likely that someone will want to throw their safety goggles at someone else, so there's no rush, but it'd be nice to have for completeness' sake.

ASB-only items like the new link cable probably need to have powers chosen for them as well, when you get a chance.

Happened to notice that fling doesn't currently take any sixth-gen items into account. Granted, so far I haven't seen any other sites that seem to know what to do with them, either, so maybe no one's looked for that data yet? I guess y'all can just make it up for now if that information is too difficult to actually find. I don't think fling is a particularly commonly-used move and it's not likely that someone will want to throw their safety goggles at someone else, so there's no rush, but it'd be nice to have for completeness' sake.

ASB-only items like the new link cable probably need to have powers chosen for them as well, when you get a chance.

For reference:

I put Polka-Dot Bow in the lowest tier because come on, it's a bow. It'd probably go with the scarves and not with stuff like Black Glasses in the tier above.

According to reddit (/r/stunfisk? who knew?) the Assault Vest has 80 BP so idk why not.

A Link Cable is kind of like a Twisted Spoon or a Mystic Water or a... Charcoal??? Most evolution items seem to be in that rank anyway, so I just stuck it in there.

The summary for Shell Bell states that it "Heals 2% of the holder's health whenever it successfully uses a damaging move"

However, the description states that "Whenever a Pokémon holding this item uses a physical contact attack, it receives 1/8th the damage dealt by that attack back as health."

The summary for Shell Bell states that it "Heals 2% of the holder's health whenever it successfully uses a damaging move"

However, the description states that "Whenever a Pokémon holding this item uses a physical contact attack, it receives 1/8th the damage dealt by that attack back as health."

Haha, yeah, I noticed that a bit earlier today myself. I need to confirm this, but I'm pretty sure the summary (2% for successful damaging moves) is correct; the actual description is just what remains from the old ASB.

edit: It is now fixed. The summary was indeed correct.

Last edited:
This probably isn't pressing, but the summaries for Arm Thrust, Assurance, Avalanche, Barrage, Beat Up, Bone Rush, Brine, Bug Bite, Bullet Seed, Charge, Comet Punch, Crush Grip, Double Slap, Echoed Voice, Electric Terrain, Eruption, Flail, Fling, Frustration, Fury Attack, Fury Swipes, Fusion Bolt, Fusion Flare, Grass Knot, Heat Crash, Heavy Slam, Ice Ball, Icicle Spear, Knock Off, Low Kick, Magnitude, Me First, Payback, Pin Missile, Pluck, Psywave, Retaliate, Return, Revenge, Reversal, Rock Blast, Rollout, Seismic Toss, Smelling Salts, Spike Cannon, Spit Up, Stored Power, Tail Slap, Triple Kick, Trump Card, Venoshock, Wake-Up Slap, Water Shuriken, Water Spout, Weather Ball, and Wring Out still mention base damage. Facade and Fury Cutter's summaries are also misleading in that they say that "damage" is doubled when instead the base power is. It's also kind of weird that multihit moves list whatever the base power for one hit would be, instead of * like other moves with variable base power. (Many summaries are also inconsistent between mentioning that a move's base power is "doubled" versus "increased to [double the original]%" but I don't think this is important.)

Completely unrelatedly, Present's summary doesn't account for the fact that it can only have 40, 80, or 120 base power iirc. Present's summary and description don't mention the amount it heals the opponent if it does, either; in the games it's 80 HP (8% health?) in Gen. II and 1/4 max from Gen. III on, according to Bulbapedia. Struggle's summary and description don't mention the amount of recoil the user takes, either.

Back
Top Bottom