• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

ASB password scare and related bans

Okay, I don't typically get involved in ASB stuff, because quite frankly I'm utter shit at Pokemon battling in general, BUT.

Yeah, we probably shouldn't be saying "I knew it" or "I told you so," because that's generally kinda rude.

BUT, on the other hand, there's a bunch of people saying generally rude things about people who WEREN'T banned, and that's equally uncalled for.

Really, guys. We don't know all the circumstances involved; the only people that really know what's going on are the mods. Zhorken even said she'd provide more specifics later, and for all we know some of the bans might not even stand!

Look, we need to be respectful of other members and not make disparaging comments about the members in question until the full truth comes to light. If it turns out they were framed, how do you think they would feel if they came back to read some of these negative comments?

I know this is difficult for many of us, but let's not create a divide between us because of this. I know it's very foolish and idealistic of me, but I want to believe that most of this is just a big misunderstanding. Maybe it's true, but maybe those in question really did play a part in the stealing of passwords. I think we should reserve judgment until we know all the facts.

Very true. Would give you a rep if I could.

There's still a long way to go yet.

For my part, I've taken down my post, which I will admit was made in a bit of a rush of anger more than anything else - I just wasn't very rational about it.

Those who know know.

If you thought you could turn me against this forum, you have another thing coming.

if you're talking to me with that second statement that is absolutely not what i was ... trying to do (seriously what), i just wanted some more information

I'd just like to post for now that we had very good reasons to ban the people involved, and not because of like, politics or whatever.

In addition, yeah, it's really a dickish move to be like 'I told you so!' and whatnot, especially when you don't know everything that has transpired. C'mon guys.

It's taking us a bit longer than expected to get everything resolved. At this point, we expect it will take about a day and a half to wrap things up, so expect to see our full explanation sometime Thursday afternoon (EDT). We'll be sure to update you if that changes.

I'm sorry to draw this out longer than it already has been, but I promise the reason for the delay will become clear when we make our announcement.

The I told you so was on the topic of two members that I had proof they were using res' forum to manipulate people nearly a year ago.. Do I need to repost the images? I tried to tell you folks then. Instead I got in trouble.

Actually read my posts. I only stated res and bluzzy. No one else. I have no idea why the other bans happened or how much each individual was involved. And I don't care right now. All I care about is they were somehow involved and they deserve what they got. I trust in our admins that those members were somewhat responsible, in some way, shape, or form. Big or small their individual hands in this, the ban hammer falls on all of them together. And good riddance. We don't need people like that here.

Actually read my posts. I only stated res and bluzzy. No one else. I have no idea why the other bans happened or how much each individual was involved. And I don't care right now. All I care about is they were somehow involved and they deserve what they got. I trust in our admins that those members were somewhat responsible, in some way, shape, or form. Big or small their individual hands in this, the ban hammer falls on all of them together. And good riddance. We don't need people like that here.
Again, can we please not say things like this so soon? None of us actually know everything that's happened and there's not enough on the table to start claiming that you're glad these people got what they deserved. You can be angry, but really, it's not the time yet to go saying things like this in public. Please.

I feel justice has been served. That's all I'm telling to say. I just wish people had believed me about res and the gang earlier.

I feel justice has been served. That's all I'm telling to say. I just wish people had believed me about res and the gang earlier.

We still REALLY shouldn't be saying "I told you so." We still don't know the particulars and it's super rude.

... too late to say I told you so, from back when I knew res and bluzzy were talking bad about members on their other forums and I screen capped proof? Too soon?

I tried to tell you folks then. Instead I got in trouble.

Come on. That's three times now, you can stop. It's not helpful. For the record, what made you "get in trouble" last time wasn't the fact that you called out res and co; it was the fact that you made it into this big public angry drama thing that just made people tired, annoyed and defensive. Which, by the way, is also precisely what happens when you say "I told you so" over and over again.

Fine, I'll shut up. I wasn't intending to be rude. The first was sarcasm, the rest was me just trying to get people to understand my point of view on things. I'll leave it be.

Last edited:
It's a little sooner than expected, but at this point the mod team thinks we're ready to present a full account of the recent ASB bans. It's a lot to take in, but we hope that laying it all out it will help dispel any rumors about what went on and the motives of the people involved.

Before we begin, two things:

First, I'd like to announce that Crazy Linoone has been unbanned. She was only banned at her own suggestion, and without her, we never would have known how far this went, and we would almost certainly be looking at more incidents like this down the line. As you'll see, she showed immense courage and integrity in choosing to come to us with what she knew, and we can't thank her enough for doing so. It's a relief to be able to welcome her back to the board now that evertything's out in the open.

Second, don't take this post as an invitation to tear into any of the members involved in this incident. We expect that some of you are going to be very angry by the time you get done reading this announcement. Please don't channel that anger into making inflammatory posts--you're only going to make the situation worse. If you feel the need to do so anyway, you will be infracted.

With that out of the way, I'll start with a rough timeline of events.

On Saturday a TCoD member found a chatbox sreservoir had created for its friends where they were discussing ultraviolet's private messages. They informed opaltiger that sreservoir and Mai had obtained some users' passwords and were using them to access other members' accounts, including using them to read others' private messages. In addition to banning sreservoir and Mai, opaltiger asked allitersonance, blazheirio889, and Crazy Linoone, who also posted in the chatbox, what they knew about the incident. They denied knowledge of the password-swiping and account-hijacking, and I'd like to stress that we're still not clear on how much they were aware of. They were not banned for stealing passwords or accounts; they were banned for what came later.

Monday night, ultraviolet began a discussion in the ASB mod social group about what should be done in the wake of the bans, and specifically what to do about blazheirio889, as this wasn't the first time she'd been involved in an incident like this. blazheirio889 again denied any knowledge of password swiping and claimed to have cut all contact with sreservoir and Mai because she was furious with them.

At this point, excerpts from the discussion happening in the social group appeared in sreservoir's chatbox, and it quickly became apparent that either someone in the discussion was feeding it information or at least one of the ASB mods' accounts was still compromised. I asked people to stop posting in the social group and continued discussing security measures with the other admins via e-mail.

A couple of hours after that, Butterfree received an e-mail from an anonymous Gmail account that claimed to be from Crazy Linoone and provided a screenshot of the new chatbox sreservoir and its friends had moved to. The screenshot made it very clear that blazheirio889 had been lying about no longer being in contact with sreservoir and Mai, and I banned her.

The anonymous account then provided two chat logs that revealed that blazheirio889 and allitersonance were actively conspiring with Mai and sreservoir with the intent of damaging or destroying the ASB community. At this point, the admins were decided on banning allitersonance, and we decided to ban Crazy Linoone as well, according to her own suggestion, in order to keep suspicion off her. We held off on carrying out the actual bans until Butterfree was ready to do the necessary password resets and forced log-offs. After that, I restarted discussion in the social group and provided the chat logs for other members of the group to see.

Later that night, we received a third chat log that confirmed that the board was secure again. By that point, we were quite certain that the logs were genuine, but we wanted to take some additional steps to verify this. That process was still underway when Zhorken made the first announcement. I also sent blazheirio an e-mail repeating the questions we'd asked during the social group discussion, in particular whether she was still talking with sreservoir and Mai. Rather than coming clean, she continued to insist that she had nothing to do with them. By that night the admins decided we had enough evidence to indicate that the logs were real and that the anonymous account sending them was indeed Crazy Linoone. We began preparing to make a second announcement making everything public, but Crazy Linoone asked us to hold off for a while so she could finish up some things she wanted to do first. These took less time than she was expecting, and she gave us the go-ahead to post early, which brings us to now.

Below are some excerpts from the chat logs that we think demonstrate the grounds we had to ban these members. We know that posting them publicly will cause drama, but we want to show exactly why we chose to make these bans rather than simply stating that blazheirio889 and allitersonance were involved. There are rumors going around that this is some sort of political move or the result of a grudge between some of the ASB mods, and showing the evidence we were working with is the only way we can think of to put those rumors to bed. We know that blazheirio889 and allitersonance were good friends with many of the members here, and it would be difficult to simply take at face value that they would do anything to harm the ASB community--believe us, we found it hard to understand, too. Also, some of the chat concerns members of the board who weren't involved in the investigation, and we think they deserve to know what was being said.

We've made some changes to these logs. These include reformatting them to be more readable, replacing the usernames in the logs with their corresponding TCoD usernames, removing chat not related to ASB, removing Crazy Linoone's comments, redacting some personal information (member locations etc.), and in some cases removing parts of the conversation if the member being discussed didn't want it made public. Otherwise the logs appear as we received them.

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 7:04:43 am
... gosh, you guys

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 7:04:53 am
what

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 7:06:08 am
I'm still confused as to what happened

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 7:06:17 am
oh
well
I went into #tcod
opal messaged like "can I ask you something"
I said yes, he asked me if I knew anything about people using other's accounts
over time it became apparent opal and uv found the cbox
I got banned and uv hates me

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 7:08:05 am
Was it apparent as to how much of cbox they saw?

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 7:08:16 am
not sure
there is a limit to history
but, uh, no

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 7:08:44 am
Hmm, wonder how much I've been implicated, then?

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 7:08:45 am
they know who's in the cbox

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 7:08:54 am
It seems like the most incriminating thing they saw was "powergrab"?

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 7:08:57 am
I told them you were gone today though
oh yeah, they saw powergrab
attempted to explain that
not sure how much it worked
er, gone yesterday
maybe we should wipe the cbox
I mean, they saw it, but if they post the link
publicly

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 7:11:50 am
Is there even anything incriminating in the history that remains?

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 7:12:32 am
not on you
it's kind of all out on the table now
but possibly the first still being discussing swiping passwords
... well, it can't get much worse for res and I, but

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 7:14:12 am
Well, it's not like they can /do/ anything to you guys anymore

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 7:14:29 am
yeah

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 1:30:08 pm
... well, I got MF on my side too now

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 1:31:11 pm
"res stormed off, got replaced, then both mimi and res got ejected, also gevaisa itself is AWOLes stormed off, got replaced, then both mimi and res got ejected, also gevaisa itself is AWOL" allie bluzzy nini one of you replace me and ditch

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 1:31:42 pm
wait are you telling MF that you might be banrisk or
is this general powergrab alliance

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 1:32:08 pm
are you encouraging muffins to GIVE UP GIVE UP

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 1:32:49 pm
I told MF I'
m being questioned

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 1:33:29 pm
and muffins says

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 1:34:00 pm
He was basically like "well there's no way you could've been involved in it since your power was out, so if someone suspects you, you should have none of it. I'll have none of that either"

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 1:34:15 pm
hahaha

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 1:34:17 pm
So, yeah, he's very much on my side

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 1:34:20 pm
snrk
naïve
it's been going on for /three years/, yeah, bluzzy had the power out

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 1:35:33 pm
MF doesn't know anything about what happened, though, so I think he just assumed it was an isolated incident

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:32:49 pm
"I'm still kind of in shock this happened, because I thought res would
be pretty harmless after he left TCoD a while ago and had /some/ basic
decency, at least, and I thought Mai was a lot better than that... I'm
pretty upset at them, not just 'cuz this is really gross, but because
I trusted them and then. This. Ugh."
res is absolutely harmless

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:33:03 pm
wow, res, who did you sneak into now

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:33:19 pm
res just chooses a different notion of harm than most people

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:33:28 pm
there is still sneaking happening?

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:33:54 pm
that's probably a bad idea miruku

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:34:01 pm
well since I'm outed anyway now I am no longer caring about interferences

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:34:11 pm
you should actually stop

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:34:42 pm
what if we get incriminated again gosh
but I guess it means unis a vm then

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:35:13 pm
eh they can't even just ipban me without killing the forums on chrome
mobile with the default data compression proxy
when you let me stop caring about interferences uh suddenly there are
a few more things I don't mind doing
still not going to damage anything though

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:46:14 pm
in still mildly offended at the notion that I should not be able to
show up wherever I damn well please though

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:46:38 pm
that's why no one likes you res

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:51:05 pm
MF is useful, he's apparently the only trustworthy ref left
And he's on my side
\o/

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 10:50:46 pm
"edit edit: In addition, your first post is like 'wow, I'm lucky that
I used a different password!' so is it... likely that they would have
gotten into your account without your permission? are you friends with
them even? i'm so confused" also
it appears that you do not know res

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 10:58:07 pm
Maybe I can twist it into "maybe res figured I cut ties and is trying
to incriminate me in revenge"

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 11:46:39 pm
pfft
on MF's own honour

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 11:50:03 pm
snrk right also
if muffins' honour is betrayed, then, who can trust?
muffins posted again btw @allitersonance

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 11:52:23 pm
aww MF
adorable!

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 11:08:44 pm
pff
I have an opening to ask
so shall we incriminate ommibar?
er
well vaguely

blazheirio889 Mar 16, 10:16:18 am
Okay, texted Dragon
Remember to keep up
"I'm not talking to res and Mai" charades

res Mar 16, 10:16:39 am
[redacted]
bluzzy you should stop doing that
that gets hard to do with people you
actually interact with
not necessarily consensually

Mai Mar 16, 10:17:55 am
I will keep up the charade

res Mar 16, 10:18:13 am
it gets hard to keep up that kind of charade when it involves people you actually sometimes have to interact with not consensually
I mean, I'm not going to break the charade either but
you should consider whether that off something you actually want to. do.

blazheirio889 Mar 16, 10:19:18 am
Well since we're all banned on TCoD I don't imagine we'll have that much interaction anymore

Mai Mar 16, 10:19:33 am
don't you meet up physically
in person
are you a good meatspace liar

res Mar 16, 10:19:45 am
it is aware of your physical existence

blazheirio889 Mar 16, 10:20:01 am
Considering most of what we have in common is TCoD, idk how much physical intereaction we'll have :P
I am a good metspace liar

res Mar 16, 10:20:16 am
bluzzy you're not a sociopath, that is not something you'd be able to keep up substantially

Mai Mar 16, 10:20:21 am
are we pretending you cut off nini and allie too

blazheirio889 Mar 16, 10:20:42 am
No, because I still trust them somewhat and am holding onto the hope that they weren't involved in pw swiping

Mai Mar 16, 10:20:46 am
okay

blazheirio889 Mar 16, 10:21:08 am
Also the logs seem to indicate their confusion anyway

res Mar 16, 10:21:21 am
the logs also indicate my confusion

allitersonance Mar 16, 10:22:14 am
not your confusion at pw swiping, just at leak

allitersonance Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 12:04:57 am
shockingly people also want to get by on trusting people not to be terrible
I mean they regard password swiping as active malice

res Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 12:06:02 am
password swiping is just passive res amusement okay
when res is involved it can't even be called malice

Mai Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 1:37:10 pm
bluzzy is banned but we're still keeping up the charade of her not talking to us

res Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 1:37:20 pm
speaking of which, why

Mai Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 1:37:32 pm
or at least. I said so to Dragon

res Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 1:37:47 pm
getting banned us perfect opportunity to realise that we are still superior :33

Mai Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 1:38:10 pm
if we get her to like us again and immediately demonstrate we lied to her, well
that would be an amusing resolution

res Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 1:39:25 pm
why are we even doing that charade

Mai Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 1:39:44 pm
the idea was to save bluzzyface, but
now that she's banned

blazheirio889 Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 2:36:55 pm
... I actually haven't eaten much because nervousness gets to my stomach

Mai Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 2:37:46 pm
nervousness over fallout, still, mean?
at least you're banned now, eh

blazheirio889 Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 2:38:10 pm
p. much. Like rationally I don't really care much, but I'd still like to know their final conclusion
But my sympathetic nervous system is all NOOOO

Mai Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 2:38:27 pm
ah, yeah

blazheirio889 Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 2:38:38 pm
It'll pass *shrug*
And once it does, AM FREE

Mai Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 2:39:07 pm
I was a lot calmer during the event itself than, uh, the next morning
because when interrogated about things my emotions kind of shut down

blazheirio889 Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 2:39:30 pm
Ahh
It's nice to be able to keep a level head during interrogation, but
Bleh emotions

Mai Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 2:39:44 pm
but now it's back to AM FREE, I think
one thing you need to sort out is the charade, though
that is a thing
it might be an impractical thing

allitersonance Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 2:40:41 pm
I was totally calm during the event, vaguely nervous immediately after wondering if I was going to be banned, but with bluzzyban I'm free no matter what

blazheirio889 Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 2:40:45 pm
I think it's nice to keep it up for a bit, while we're still talking to people

Mai Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 2:40:59 pm
it depends on, uh

blazheirio889 Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 2:41:01 pm
But after we can be like "the ban drove bluzzy back to them because she's lonely :'("

allitersonance Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 2:41:03 pm
might be able to say we started talking again since you had no one to talk to after ban
haha yes
since we're not pretending I stopped talking to res ever

blazheirio889 Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 2:41:20 pm
I am a poor wibbly creature

Mai Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 2:41:23 pm
how you value relationship with metallica/eifie/dragon
but yes

allitersonance Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 2:41:27 pm
it could be that I gave you whatever

blazheirio889 Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 2:41:47 pm
I value relationship with MF, not as much Eifie and Dragon, but

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 11:14:58 pm
"Again, it wasn't about KNOCKING ZHORKEN OFF THE THRONE AND RECLAIMING MY RIGHTFUL SEAT, it just." pffh it totally was

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 6:05:24 pm
btw should I look like I've cut off contact with res and Mai, or should I confirm I'm still in contact with you guys if asked?

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 6:09:40 pm
oh yeah you have the opportunity to pretend that you cut them off as soon as you learned of hacking

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 6:09:46 pm
you are obviously still in contact though

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 6:09:54 pm
I don't so I can be the one to say yeah I'm in contact

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 6:10:10 pm
Wait, is it somehow obvious I'm still in contact?
'Cuz if I deny it then it just makes me look shifty

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 6:11:07 pm
is it possible to make it look like I'm the one transferring ideas from them to you

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 6:11:19 pm
Perhaps

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 6:11:40 pm
is it too late for fake fallout in the cbox

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 6:11:45 pm
I think it's too late

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 6:11:50 pm
allie too late

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:19:13 pm
I dunno, but who did we discuss having PM conversations with uv anyway?

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:19:58 pm
er it was just in the cbox... I only remember the one with Zhorken
but that was a long while back right?

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:20:14 pm
With surskitty was also a while back?

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:21:14 pm
I can make my excuse be that I was waiting to get an opportunity for res to give me a list of compromised accounts, but probably won't actually get asked that. You and nini can just say you didn't know.
was there one with uv and surskitty

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:21:38 pm
I vaguely recall, but I could be wrong

blazheirio889 Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 5:51:27 pm
we are all free \o/

allitersonance Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 5:51:30 pm
yeah

blazheirio889 Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 5:51:39 pm
Man sucks for you guys, though you didn't even get a reason

allitersonance Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 5:51:44 pm
I don't even have to pick up your obligations \o/

sreservoir Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 5:53:41 pm
bluzzy can you extract story from muffins

blazheirio889 Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 5:53:50 pm
Poor prospective refs, though, I was looking forward to teaching them :c
He basically promised to keep me updated without me asking...
But he says it's been awfully quiet

sreservoir Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 5:56:04 pm
does that mean muffins is also suspect
\o/

blazheirio889 Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 5:56:29 pm
I don't think so
neggy was like "okay assume MASSIVE SECURITY LEAK EVERYONE KEEP QUIET FOR AT LEAST 24 HOURS"

sreservoir Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 5:57:17 pm
at this rate it won't be correct to claim I caused asb to burn to the ground

blazheirio889 Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 5:57:57 pm
... huh. MF says he's considering leaving, too

sreservoir Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 5:58:08 pm
implying there was security in the first place
reasoning?
also snrk

blazheirio889 Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 5:58:25 pm
He really doesn't like how the situation was handled

sreservoir Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 5:58:54 pm
snrk

blazheirio889 Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 5:59:15 pm
Shoot first, ask questions later

sreservoir Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 5:59:31 pm
what would it have rather done

blazheirio889 Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 6:00:24 pm
Like. More open communication, and less paranoia-based decision making, I guess

allitersonance Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 6:00:56 pm
hahaha!
perfect!
ALL possible heads leaving
res what did you dooo

sreservoir Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 6:01:25 pm
since they were dealing with res there shouldn't have been any expectation of privacy anyway u_u

blazheirio889 Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 6:01:27 pm
I'm not sure if he's set on leaving, but

sreservoir Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 6:01:37 pm
you should subtly encourage

allitersonance Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 6:01:45 pm
I know mimi wanted a dramatic leaving but
yeah, encourage it
without us, ASB burns, that's just how it is!
hahaha

sreservoir Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 6:02:30 pm
it doesn't even need to burn but it can anyway since snrk

Mai Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 6:03:43 pm
excellent
I did want a dramatic leaving, yes

sreservoir Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 6:04:05 pm
you know, this is dramatic enough
they can't possibly cover up a mass murder on this scale, you know
http://asb.dragonflycave.com/ "We're going to be finally addressing it over the next few days."
addressing = burning asb to the ground so no more drama :33 yay

allitersonance Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 6:07:00 pm
haha
man it took a while to excise tcod from my history
but now I am fully free

Mai Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 6:07:36 pm
burn it down
burn the witch

sreservoir Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 6:08:07 pm
can you imagine the /disillusionment/ to result

allitersonance Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 6:09:06 pm
let's keep it in our imaginations
and not continue to obsess over it
it really is time to GIVE UP

Mai Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 6:09:31 pm
... that is true
I want to enjoy being vindicated at least a little though ///

sreservoir Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 6:11:16 pm
vindicated?

Mai Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 6:11:37 pm
yes
ASB being burned to the ground without us is enough to do that I would think

sreservoir Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 6:13:05 pm
mimi that ain't no vindication

Crazy Linoone Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 7:42:22 pm
but everyone is free?

allitersonance Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 7:42:26 pm
yeah

Mai Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 7:42:30 pm
everyone is free

allitersonance Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 7:42:42 pm
if MF leaves then all of ASB will soon be free :333

Crazy Linoone Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 7:42:49 pm
~free~ I don't even know what's going on but ~free~

Mai Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 7:43:22 pm
that would be great. burn it to the ground
nini ... wasn't around for me advocating that earlier, huh

allitersonance Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 7:44:23 pm
bluzzy you should basically just "yeah even if they unbanned me I wouldn't go back" and such at MF

blazheirio889 Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 7:44:28 pm
Already did

If you would like to see the full logs (still only ASB-related conversation), you can read them in the next post.

I'd like to stress that these events don't diminish the contributions allitersonance and blazheirio889 have made to ASB over the years. Many people here considered them friends, and they will be sorely missed. However, we consider their behavior in this matter unacceptable.

Last edited:
blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 7:04:43 am
... gosh, you guys

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 7:04:53 am
what

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 7:06:08 am
I'm still confused as to what happened

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 7:06:17 am
oh
well
I went into #tcod
opal messaged like "can I ask you something"
I said yes, he asked me if I knew anything about people using other's accounts
over time it became apparent opal and uv found the cbox
I got banned and uv hates me

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 7:08:05 am
Was it apparent as to how much of cbox they saw?

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 7:08:16 am
not sure
there is a limit to history
but, uh, no

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 7:08:44 am
Hmm, wonder how much I've been implicated, then?

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 7:08:45 am
they know who's in the cbox

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 7:08:54 am
It seems like the most incriminating thing they saw was "powergrab"?

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 7:08:57 am
I told them you were gone today though
oh yeah, they saw powergrab
attempted to explain that
not sure how much it worked
er, gone yesterday
maybe we should wipe the cbox
I mean, they saw it, but if they post the link
publicly

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 7:11:50 am
Is there even anything incriminating in the history that remains?

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 7:12:32 am
not on you
it's kind of all out on the table now
but possibly the first still being discussing swiping passwords
... well, it can't get much worse for res and I, but

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 7:14:12 am
Well, it's not like they can /do/ anything to you guys anymore

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 7:14:29 am
yeah

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 7:32:22 am
[tumblr link redacted]
... I think I'd rather just leave that be unless Storm contacts me directly
[tumblr link redacted]

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 7:47:12 am
Wait, is Storm someone on TCoD, or

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 7:47:25 am
yeah
Storm is Stormecho
RP acquaintancefriend

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 7:48:25 am
Ohhh

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 7:50:35 am
... I figure, if she doesn't want to contact me to ask about what happened, then she might not exactly be
receptive

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 7:52:26 am
When allie gets on, allie do you still want to be part of the usergroup?
There's a really good opening right now

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 7:52:36 am
hahaha
allie friended us post-banning
that might have to be retracted
have they said anything in the usergroup yet?
has Metallica talked to you, also

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 7:53:52 am
Not really
Nope, I think he's still asleep
Although it's almost noon where he is... Maybe he just hasn't gone on the computer yet *shrug*

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 7:54:16 am
he was awake for banning, though, I think

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 7:54:27 am
I've talked to Eifie though, and I don't think she suspects me of anything

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 7:54:35 am
nice

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 7:55:18 am
Anyway basically we're going to reform the usergroup 'cuz it's kinda big and messy rn and a lot of people don't do stuff
Also, pathos

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 7:55:34 am
this is an appropriate time for that, yes

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 7:55:35 am
So Zhorken, uv, MF, and I are def staying 'cuz we have more responsibilities
And we want some people to come in for gruntwork
And I can bring up how allie seems to be good for answering questions, at least
... idk about actual /gruntwork/ but. It's a good topic to introduce allie with

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 7:56:53 am
if things get better after I'm banned I will be
... well, I don't know. amused, probably

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 7:57:16 am
We're really burning through our supply of scapegoats (Note: it's a meme that res is a scapegoat. Whenever something goes wrong, even when it's not res related, people blame res.), though

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 7:57:25 am
I doubt I'd be that good at masking my typing style :V
that is true
we don't have many more explosions left

Also why was Noel banned?

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 12:51:17 pm
Well I just read all the messages since I last posted but seems like nothing of import?
... brb

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 12:51:39 pm
oh it visitfinally got banned

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 12:52:56 pm
?
oh, Noel was banned?

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 12:54:13 pm
was intending to quietly clean up without leaving squirtles hanging but eh no matter
I guess I won't get to extract that story out of nini after all :||
well! the logs must remain hostage nevertheless!

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 12:55:46 pm
miruku did you this intentionally or

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 12:56:55 pm
in this case it is not much intentionally as uncaringly
... eh try not to make a fuss of it
also I am totally not understanding how this thing chooses how much history to display :||

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 12:58:03 pm
please explain further

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 12:59:20 pm
okay now I have refreshed, is good
Noel was banned?

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 1:01:14 pm
the amusing story involved is that nini was actually correct
speaking of which I may have lied once in a while but I believe I did attempt to never actually deny it

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 1:02:24 pm
also that YOU COINED MS. BLUZZY

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 1:02:35 pm
I REGRET THAT NOT

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 1:03:07 pm
MISS MIRUKU COINED MS. BLUZZY
but how did banned

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 1:04:23 pm
speaking of which, when I started bringing up rps it should also have become ludicrously blatant then even if it hadn't already been

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 1:04:25 pm
did you fess up or did they just find out somehow

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 1:05:20 pm
presumably because ninicomments
mostly though you coined ms bluzzy. amazing.
why did you decide that personality specifically
is that how sora no meso noel acts
why not sora no woto noel

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 1:06:45 pm
banned by being silly enough to think that it could possibly be a good idea to try to resolve obligations before terminally leaving
well now I'm free of those too, and no loss
allie what do you mean why that personality
it is not actually how sorameso noel acts which uh get mimi to explain that
allie the range of things I am actually capable of rping is remarkably limited
have I not mentioned this

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 1:09:11 pm
none of your yuns gave me the impression of ms bluzzying

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 1:10:28 pm
gosh allie
what about the one who spun helplessly in circles
what about the one who crashed an airship on someone's car

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 1:11:38 pm
they didn't give the impression of ms bluzzying either

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 1:16:08 pm
"banned by being silly enough to think that it could possibly be a good idea to try to resolve obligations before terminally leaving" explain more

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 1:18:44 pm
mimi leaving things hanging is kind of embarrassing and in this case it was that ils would have to get a new test battle set up
well now ils will have to get a new battle set up, and eh no further problems on my end

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 1:19:57 pm
meanwhile gevaisa

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 1:20:12 pm
snrk that one

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 1:20:23 pm
twice now
gosh
well mimi is res's puppet anyhow
res stormed off, got replaced, then both mimi and res got ejected, also gevaisa itself is AWOL

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 1:20:57 pm
... oh, wait, Noel was res?

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 1:21:04 pm
BLUZZY

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 1:21:11 pm
Oh, well, that's one less ref quiz I need to evaluate

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 1:31:11 pm
"res stormed off, got replaced, then both mimi and res got ejected, also gevaisa itself is AWOLes stormed off, got replaced, then both mimi and res got ejected, also gevaisa itself is AWOL" allie bluzzy nini one of you replace me and ditch

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 1:31:42 pm
wait are you telling MF that you might be banrisk or
is this general powergrab alliance

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 1:32:08 pm
are you encouraging muffins to GIVE UP GIVE UP

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 1:32:49 pm
I told MF I'
m being questioned

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 1:33:29 pm
and muffins says

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 1:34:00 pm
He was basically like "well there's no way you could've been involved in it since your power was out, so if someone suspects you, you should have none of it. I'll have none of that either"

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 1:34:15 pm
hahaha

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 1:34:17 pm
So, yeah, he's very much on my side

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 1:34:20 pm
snrk
naïve
it's been going on for /three years/, yeah, bluzzy had the power out (I've tried asking what happened in the past 2.5years and they basically said "not much")

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 1:35:33 pm
MF doesn't know anything about what happened, though, so I think he just assumed it was an isolated incident

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 1:37:12 pm
"mimi leaving things hanging is kind of embarrassing and in this case it was that ils would have to get a new test battle set up" show conversations

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 1:37:18 pm
the gas didn't go out here :33
mimi what conversations

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 1:37:48 pm
ones that led to ban

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 1:38:15 pm
allie go fetch it, it's just the one most recent post

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 1:40:32 pm

[ That was a bit unlucky. Sorry, Swellow, I guess it would be for the best to switch out so that you don't hurt yourself. But, before you do that, I'd like you to try another Boomburst, please. It's fine if you can't manage it, though.
After that, you can come back and I'll send out Koharu's role model.
Boomburst ~ Switch (Koharu's role model) ]

Crazy Linoone Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 2:49:20 pm
HA I KNEW IT

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 2:50:18 pm
nini have you been interrogated yet

Crazy Linoone Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 2:51:35 pm
yeah but brb gotta do a thing in meatspace

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 2:51:43 pm
okay

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 2:52:40 pm
gosh

Crazy Linoone Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 2:53:48 pm
short version "I was gone for 2.5 years I don't know what going on"
long version when I unbusy in meatspace

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 2:54:17 pm
that is a good excuse
blame everything on me and res, yes, we are new scapegoats

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 2:56:47 pm
we sure go through scapegoats fast

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 2:57:35 pm
I liked it better when res was a reusable scapegoat

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 2:58:28 pm
only two in like, three years, that's not bad

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 2:58:35 pm
oh, I unhave db adminpowers anymore...
Wait, who changed my name

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 2:58:53 pm
that unbodes well
not me. probably miruku?

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 2:59:13 pm
Eh, I have a feeling it's just 'cuz Zhorken doesn't trust me right now

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 2:59:41 pm
it is a shame that I only worked as a one-time scapegoat

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 2:59:43 pm
She hasn't actually contacted me and opaltiger is doing all the questioning, so if they can't find anything incriminating (which I don't think they will), I should be good to go

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:02:36 pm
mimi your quality as a scapegoat is unsatisfactory

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:03:00 pm
I know

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:03:37 pm
can we go find a different community to make a disaster of to practice your scapegoat skills

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:03:43 pm
I don't know how we're going to use me for the next explosion
I just BECAME FREE of one community

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:04:29 pm
res as a scapegoat is highly reusable okay you should at least work on that

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:04:36 pm
what community would be worth

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:04:41 pm
zhorken probably knows about powergrab by now

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:04:45 pm
mimi find something rp or something
also something I need work on

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:05:10 pm
I don't RP anymore really

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:05:21 pm
I think I can pass powergrab off as "I was irked by pathos making it sound like I wanted to be The Leader and that kinda morphed into an injoke sort of thing"

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:05:30 pm
don't particularly want to

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:05:48 pm
if zhorken was ever unaware of powergrab that was naïveté

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:06:08 pm
I called it a dysphemism

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:06:15 pm
blame it on me for calling it that because there's a good chance I'm the one who started anyhow, dysphemisms are basically how I normally talk

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:06:21 pm
opal asked

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:07:22 pm
Oh wait, allie, did you want me to bring you up as a potential candidate for usergroupstuff?
Or would that be too hivemind atm

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:07:31 pm
maybe we should wait until this blows over???

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:07:36 pm
Yeah, thought as much

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:07:42 pm
we have to be sure that I won't get banned first

hm where does auntie allie belong in all this
huh ... I'm not sure I understand actually
where I would have gotten poo's password, either
that makes at least two mysteries
poo's, and uv's

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:20:51 pm
yes, am mama mimi
I kinda like sor nini at this point ... hm ...

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:24:40 pm
"3) It's probably reasonable to assume that res can read this, too, although I've changed my password a while ago. (res if you can read this, hi there)" NINI

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:25:14 pm (from my pm response to opaltiger's questioning. Figured it'd be sketchy if I refused to post it.)
"Mai used to be really into ASB legitimately for reals 2.5 years ago and she didn't super listen to res back then, so it's kinda a surprise to me, too." ... how did this happen, anyway

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:25:15 pm
mimi you are mama to everyone, including to yourself

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:25:29 pm
transition to puppet

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:25:47 pm
it just naturally happens to people who interact with me too much

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:25:57 pm
gosh
the rest of hivemind doesn't puppet all that much
I guess it was cemented with song choice ??? but before that
... I can't access my PMs since I'm banned, huh

Crazy Linoone Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:26:47 pm
in case people haven't noticed yet I posed to fishplace
*posted

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:26:58 pm
quoted from it

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:26:59 pm
"1) I knew that res had some way of accessing information but I wasn't sure if he did it via social engineering (aka outright asking people about it and them spilling because people are really bad at keeping secrets," for what it's worth
social engineering is really, really easy

Crazy Linoone Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:27:15 pm
yeah
it is

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:27:24 pm
I have done that, too
for song choice I actually did go through all the motions of asking everyone
also nini do you want to explain why sleep-deprived you thought I was noel

Crazy Linoone Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:32:23 pm
since I WAS RIGHT and RES IS ACTUALLY NOEL

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:33:07 pm
was it the moe
was noel too moe to be real

Crazy Linoone Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:33:14 pm
I guess I might as well hoho
it's a bunch of things

Crazy Linoone Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:36:37 pm
...was I the only one who thought noel is res
seriously
really

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:36:58 pm
I had some too moe to function/Noel is res ... until you brought it up

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:37:05 pm
I thought noel was res was really obvious

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:37:09 pm
then, uh, resdenial and you being sleep deprived
made me think it probably wasn't

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:37:19 pm
which was why I kept not admitting it

Crazy Linoone Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:37:49 pm
there's a bunch of minor things that gave it away
like too moe to live
too good at asb to be newb
proxy

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:38:02 pm
I also did a lot of "why would you think that was me" instead of actual denying

Crazy Linoone Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:38:07 pm
res didn't actually deny it
res said something about trying to indoctrinate newbies

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:38:44 pm
I did not really notice actual lack of denial; parsed as actual denial, I guess

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:39:02 pm
you should always be careful with what res actually claims also but

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:39:26 pm
probably

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:39:27 pm
too moe to live was uh
sorry my ability to rp is limited orz

Crazy Linoone Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:40:01 pm
...whenever I read noel's posts I heard bakaschoolres's voice in my head
*bakaschoolgirlres
... the only reason I wasn't firmly convinced is that noel is too obviously res to be res

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:40:48 pm
... okay I leechblocked TCoD but I wanna go back and do that now

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:41:10 pm
I didn't really pay much attention to Noel. when nini brought it up it seemed like a thing that could be true but I never really pursued the line of inquiry
most of my noelknowledge was people quoting it in box

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:41:24 pm
mimi what, pull a noel?

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:41:43 pm
read Noel in bakaschoolres's voice

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:41:51 pm
ah
well there is still a sample of it in fish if you want to try it

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:42:08 pm
can I omurice without chikin... hm...

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:42:23 pm
allie surely
nini if it were less obvious though would you have noticed??

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:43:36 pm
when you get banned do you know right away or
do you just have no privileges when you try to do things

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:43:53 pm
allie have you never gotten yourself banned

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:44:07 pm
considering I don't tend to, like, hack into people's accounts

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:44:08 pm
no you get this you are banned screen

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:44:10 pm
well, I hadn't either before this
gosh miruku is this normal for you

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:44:32 pm
mimi this is the path res is leading you down
free yourself

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:44:38 pm
well I've done it at least like three times

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:44:46 pm
... miruku
allie the being banned was actually freeing in itself though
I'm not really planning to join anything else I could get banned from

Crazy Linoone Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:45:34 pm
nonono see what happens next is oldmentor res dies, and mimi is shocked into walking her own hero's path to world domination/destruction

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:45:36 pm
unless we really do want to wreck another community

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:48:26 pm
hm you know from the fallout I've seen on tumblr I'd expect other people to either rant at me or unfollow me or both by now
MIRUKU

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:48:44 pm
fallout?
what has happened

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:49:06 pm
uh mostly singular text posts but
what the fuck at us
[redacted] @twentytwo @blazheirio889 did you see this
http://asofterworld.com/index.php?id=731I wanted to cite this somewhere actually but I never did. unfortunate, it would've amused me

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:50:53 pm
I'm faintly amused that [redacted] thinks the worst thing he can do to you is unfollow you
Then again, I'm mostly just mildly amused by [redacted] in general

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:51:15 pm
yeah
I am also amused it was on anon
he thought it would be meaningful on anon?
also I remember my followers enough to process of elimination
though it took a while

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:52:35 pm
also that it was your ass that was worth unfollowing

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:52:52 pm
mimi, learn from me. My ass is massive and totally worth following

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:53:01 pm
mog
... there's nowhere to display the oocquotes anymore

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:53:20 pm
snrk

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:53:27 pm
You can just throw it into fishplace to retain for amuse

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 3:53:31 pm
that is true
I did get rid of most of my oocquotes anyway
to dump in fishplace

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 6:05:24 pm
potatoes
Can confirm, have white boytoy
btw should I look like I've cut off contact with res and Mai, or should I confirm I'm still in contact with you guys if asked?

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 6:09:40 pm
oh yeah you have the opportunity to pretend that you cut them off as soon as you learned of hacking

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 6:09:46 pm
you are obviously still in contact though

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 6:09:54 pm
I don't so I can be the one to say yeah I'm in contact

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 6:10:10 pm
Wait, is it somehow obvious I'm still in contact?
'Cuz if I deny it then it just makes me look shifty

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 6:11:07 pm
is it possible to make it look like I'm the one transferring ideas from them to you

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 6:11:19 pm
Perhaps

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 6:11:22 pm
... you know, this is embarrassing but
how is noel actually pronounced

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 6:11:37 pm
No L

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 6:11:40 pm
is it too late for fake fallout in the cbox

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 6:11:45 pm
I think it's too late

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 6:11:50 pm
ノエル but
allie too late

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 6:12:08 pm
Anyway Eifie asked why Noel was banned and I pretended not to see
'Cuz idk if I should've said that Noel was res

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 6:12:17 pm
maybe all y'alls should just cut your losses and
GIVE UP GIVE UP
bluzzy you have no excuse to know that noel is res

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 6:12:36 pm
[nɔɛl] res

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 6:13:07 pm
@allitersonance but where I'd the /stress/

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 6:13:07 pm
Yeah, unless I was still in contact with you guys
But I guess we're pretending I don't

Crazy Linoone Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 6:14:21 pm
pretending that you're not in contact with res and co. just seems like it would backfire horribly later though

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 6:15:02 pm
omg
mimi's mike vs zekrom battle

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 6:15:21 pm
uhh idk maybe they're equally stressed? or else the first one

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 6:15:25 pm
it's going to need another ref change, isn't it

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 6:15:37 pm
I dunno, if we maintain that allie's in contact and I'm in contact with allie, then
Yeah, but Zekrom might get banned because of the Trainer2 shenanigans

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 6:15:53 pm
yes that is why you should just GIVE UP GIVE UP quickly

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 6:15:55 pm
So we're kinda waffling on that

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 6:18:53 pm
if you GIVE UP GIVE UP before bigger explosions and just awol forever

Crazy Linoone Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 6:20:27 pm
so res what's your plot with noel

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 6:20:44 pm
"Anyway Eifie asked why Noel was banned and I pretended not to see" also wait what did it ask where
nini what do you mean plot

Crazy Linoone Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 6:21:52 pm
res you know what I mean by plot

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 6:23:23 pm
Also isn't this the second time security leaks have caused explosions?
Yeah, I have Eifie's number
So we can hunt each other down more easily on campus

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 6:23:44 pm
you want to /meet/ people gosh

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 6:23:49 pm
allie I can make yuns, I just can't execute them

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 6:23:55 pm
see, if you're more like me there wouldn't be this problem

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 6:24:25 pm
bluzzy would you know why noel got banned
yes it is

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 6:24:51 pm
No, I just told her I just saw the text, and have no idea why

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:09:26 pm
Oh, stuff going down in usergroup...
Should I post in fishplace?

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:10:33 pm
yes

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:11:01 pm
Okay, done
I guess I should reply asking for logs?
they damn well please, whether they are welcome or not."

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:18:20 pm
was this a new lurker or
I guess the stuff we've started saying since impeach has been less ridic inane
so would be worth spying on

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:19:13 pm
I dunno, but who did we discuss having PM conversations with uv anyway?

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:19:58 pm
er it was just in the cbox... I only remember the one with Zhorken
but that was a long while back right?

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:20:14 pm
With surskitty was also a while back?

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:21:14 pm
I can make my excuse be that I was waiting to get an opportunity for res to give me a list of compromised accounts, but probably won't actually get asked that. You and nini can just say you didn't know.
was there one with uv and surskitty

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:21:38 pm
I vaguely recall, but I could be wrong

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:21:39 pm
"and it really really bothers me that res will show up wherever they damn well please, whether they are welcome or not." also like

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:22:19 pm
the logs haven't been nuked right?
uv was the person who posted that message?

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:22:54 pm
logs haven't been accessed except by mimi afaict
(if they had log access, uh, no need for screenshots)

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:23:30 pm
no I mean, we can see who we discussed
high chances that it was the one yesterday
can you look through logs of yesterday to see who was discussed, if any
it would be really awkward if it was zhorken snooping at us for. apparently some time.

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:25:40 pm
snort
But didn't opaltiger, I think, say that Zhorken was planning to make me head ref anyway?
I don't think that would've happened if Zhorken was snooping for some time

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:26:06 pm
oh I thought mimi said that

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:26:13 pm
I dunno, unremember who said

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:26:22 pm
I said opaltiger said that

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:12:11 pm
of what

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:12:21 pm
Read thing at fishplace first

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:14:38 pm
oh
yeah, do

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:17:23 pm
"sreservoir freaks me the fuck out for several reasons (aside from, y'know, accessing my account and reading my private messages), and it really really bothers me that res will show up wherever they damn well please, whether they are welcome or not."

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:26:22 pm
Why would mimi say that though?

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:26:27 pm
because yes, said

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:26:39 pm
hm
anyway where are logs again
does this imply you're losing the chance, haha

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:27:13 pm
on my computer. am on tablet now

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:27:16 pm
well it's a decent time to GIVE UP GIVE UP

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:28:46 pm
so was last month

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:29:30 pm
keep us updated on the happenings in the social group I guess bluzzy
I find myself half-hoping I will get banned though so probably ... I really wouldn't mind letting go of asb. the main reason not to is repreasons but

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:30:20 pm
No new posts yet
Since I'm mildly incriminated idk if uv will actually reply to me...

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:30:31 pm
I think I should stop reading those though. personally, I'd rather just take my burned bridges and disappear
so, uh, will maybe toss logs at you tomorrow if you don't get them

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:31:21 pm
the link isn't in fish?

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:31:27 pm
but otherwise I really should stop
some of the logs are in there
not the whole thing

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:31:56 pm
ah

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:32:41 pm
allie ditch ASB with miruku and me

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:32:49 pm
"I'm still kind of in shock this happened, because I thought res would be pretty harmless after he left TCoD a while ago and had /some/ basic decency, at least, and I thought Mai was a lot better than that... I'm pretty upset at them, not just 'cuz this is really gross, but because I trusted them and then. This. Ugh."
res is absolutely harmless

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:33:03 pm
wow, res, who did you sneak into now

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:33:19 pm
res just chooses a different notion of harm than most people

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:33:28 pm
there is still sneaking happening?

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:33:54 pm
that's probably a bad idea miruku

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:34:01 pm
well since I'm outed anyway now I am no longer caring about interferences

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:34:11 pm
you should actually stop

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:34:42 pm
what if we get incriminated again gosh
but I guess it means unis a vm then

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:35:13 pm
eh they can't even just ipban me without killing the forums on chrome mobile with the default data compress
when you let me stop caring about interferences uh suddenly there are a few more things I don't mind doing
still not going to damage anything though

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:36:47 pm
do not do the thing

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:37:09 pm
I already did the thing

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:37:30 pm
who is this person who didn't change their pw though
after complaining

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:37:53 pm
stop doing the thing

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:37:54 pm
"Luckily I use a different pw on TCoD than most of my other online stuff, but it's still really scary." bluzzy that's just because it's happened before

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:38:03 pm
do the thing no longer

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:38:07 pm
allie it's the awol one

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:38:22 pm
?
am used to that meaning me

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:38:39 pm
no ommibar

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:38:47 pm
oh
right

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:39:05 pm
ommibar probably won't catch up for probably a few days

Mai Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:39:21 pm
someday I will come on Steam and he will have noticed, probably
that will be. something.

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:40:21 pm
it will probably audio just be very confused
"I guess they meant they wanted it to be more private except for their friends???" also wait is that but
isn't that exactly what private means
also friends

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:43:08 pm
more private for ingroup of mod squad is typical understanding of things, it's not actually hard to parse ...
contrast with mimi's nonmod friends
that makes it sound like nonreses also had mimi's password though
so possibly they think we were actively involved

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:46:14 pm
in still mildly offended at the notion that I should not be able to show up wherever I damn well please though

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:46:38 pm
that's why no one likes you res

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:47:31 pm
I wonder who was so bored that they actually wanted to watch us though

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:47:53 pm
maybe they just happened to come in at an exciting time
like they see their own pm
there's no way to check who was there other than opal and uv, I suppose?
ew MF is making it so that chilling when paralysed is 7% normally, and can fail outright if parafail
impeach MF

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:51:05 pm
MF is useful, he's apparently the only trustworthy ref left
And he's on my side
\o/

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:51:29 pm
[redacted]

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:51:33 pm
still makes bad decisions
without uvaccess uncan compare though?
bluzzy... isn't going to become a mod at this rate

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:52:44 pm
gosh guys security issues ruin everything

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:53:13 pm
when was the last time we actually linked the box in a VM though?

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:53:17 pm
um I'm not at my computer so I can't really handle checking the whole list

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:53:19 pm
I mean yeah they stay there forever but

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:54:13 pm
but if you don't mind, could you go through the list , do ipchecks and report the IP, approx location, and host for each?

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:54:41 pm
I have to self-wash and do homework :|||
what do you use for ipcheck

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:55:32 pm
[redacted] this I've generally suffices

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:56:00 pm
I'll fish it I guess
you already did the first and the second is you so

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 8:58:22 pm
the second is me, yes
first one is probably nini
third is you?

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 9:00:21 pm
it's not a [redacted] location though
posting everything but the first two since you've seen
none of these are [redacted]
I've definitely posted from [redacted] too...? well not while that was happening
is this for specifically this weekend or

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 9:02:00 pm
*squints*
Did we ever discuss a PM conversation between Eifie and UV?

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 9:02:24 pm
we'll know when logs happen

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 9:02:25 pm
just while I was doing broken images

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 9:02:43 pm
so you think the leak is eifie?
wow the makes your contact info awkward

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 9:02:56 pm
I dunno, she did say she lives in [redacted]

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 9:03:18 pm
allie yours is definitely the [redacted] one getting reported as [redacted]
it's not exactly precise

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 9:03:40 pm
Yeah, just a suspicious, becuase unprecise

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 9:03:59 pm
do we know where uv and opal are from

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 9:04:05 pm
uv Australia
opal Cambridge, England

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 9:04:45 pm
okay so those are the two odd ones out

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 9:05:50 pm
[redacted]

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 9:05:51 pm
the google proxy ones, are they all res

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 9:05:59 pm
they probably are
it's hard to tell since they are uh, Google proxies

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 9:06:27 pm
what about [redacted] exactly

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 9:06:27 pm
you might as well just ip check all of them on fish
it's suspicious

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 9:06:54 pm
[redacted] is just GTA
which means it could be almost any canadian
[redacted] isn't GTA
there's a reasonably known uni there I think
so any college-age canadian not going to [redacted]
is a candidate

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 9:09:26 pm
... there is?

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 9:09:52 pm
reasonably

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 9:10:33 pm
reasonably, as in not one of the actually known ones but

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 9:10:37 pm
well any of them that ipchecks on fishplace posts is one of us

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 9:10:45 pm
it's [redacted]

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 9:10:58 pm
it would be quite a coincidence if someone ended up in those but no others

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 9:11:00 pm
... oh, that's [redacted]?
Oh uv posted logs

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 9:11:29 pm
if you filter those out, could you post again

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 9:11:52 pm
the [redacted] and [redacted] ones aren't in fish
[redacted] isn't either
googles are all res
so other than uv, we have [redacted] needing follow-up
other than opal too

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 9:15:59 pm
... wait
Zhorken is in [redacted]
And since Eifie is close to Zhorken, that [redacted] one might actually be her

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 9:16:18 pm
... well
wait does zhorken go to [redacted] or
it's way too far to [redacted]

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 9:16:33 pm
I dunno, never asked

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 9:17:44 pm
ah yes that is her listed location...
surskitty's not in canada
so it's not them

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 9:20:37 pm
second one was eifie
couldn't fetch zhorken though

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 9:21:01 pm
zhorken lists her location in her postbit as [redacted]
we can probably make that assumption
so yeah, try to get us the logs so we can fetch people who talked to uv
if eifie was the leak, wasn't bluzzy active
when we were discussing

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 9:24:30 pm
Hm?
Updated fishplace

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 9:25:21 pm
I mean, you're trying to pretend you cut off contact from res right? But if Eifie was the one who spied on us first then she might've seen you when we were talking about whatever pm

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 9:25:57 pm
I'm pretending that I cut off contact after this shitstorm happened

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 9:26:04 pm
"by the time I got online today, anything hinting to what was going on had been pushed past the log limit so I still had no idea what was going on :/" bluzzy this is not convincing when it was that all day up until I purged it just now

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 9:26:26 pm
Wait, what?
That's literally what happened though

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 9:27:45 pm
"The last screenshot is notable because res (i think ?) notes that they've done password swiping before to other people which i mean" notably it is also the one which claims to invalidate the notion that res setting up the forums is a meaningful distinction
but bluzzy that stuff actually was up all day

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 9:28:27 pm
oops we mentioned pathos
or rather I did
I think I am the one mentioning everyone who shouldn't be mentioned
also wow that's a lot of oocallie stuff

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 9:29:26 pm
... I can only go back five pages?

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 9:29:54 pm
bluzzy didn't I just purge everything

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 9:30:03 pm
No, like, I'v only ever been able to go back five pages

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 9:30:16 pm
oh that
yeah that is one of the major flaws of the cbox
I'm amused by how confused I

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 9:33:23 pm
amusingly it looks like mimi was trying to get noel under the radar

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 9:35:00 pm
amusingly
nah that was just res lying
well I never denied the accusation
and honestly that is the sort of thing which says a lot about res, you know

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 9:38:38 pm
I'm glad they preserved my wish for chinese pastries though
why am I the only one who went on a tangent
that's even more emmbarrassing

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 9:40:06 pm
you're also the first to call for log wipe pffh

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 9:45:32 pm
are we gonna try to explain impeach at all
can still just blame me

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 9:49:34 pm
allie take responsibility

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 9:49:50 pm
I might get banned anyhow
what investigation could I be under? or rather what is there even to investigate
screenshots have me being "wait res but what about me :(((" and "I learned this today" and "I might've leaked eventually", maybe that will be useful

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 9:57:50 pm
yes :(
bluzzy, post all replies for that thing, remember

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 10:03:45 pm
are there actually responses

Crazy Linoone Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 10:06:01 pm
uv's pretty mad

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 10:09:52 pm
"I guess how I feel about it is that whether or not you're close friends with res and Mai, it seems to be an awful lot that res will do something bad (such as: being a large part of ASB getting shut down in the first place, saying rude things about Phantom on a forum where she could see it, generally being an asshole to people, getting access to my account), and then you're left to pick up the pieces and save face because ASB is important to you and you want to work hard on it. This means that you're often implicitly linked with res and Mai, you've been involved in all of these other things previously, and things like this keep happening." oh you have /no clue/
"Like... there's no clear answer here, and you have been doing a bunch of good work lately and I do believe you really care about ASB... But this has been happening for ages. Like all the way back to Activity pit of doom, people were like "uhhh aren't you guys the ones who caused the meltdown in the last league?" and you downplayed it and just insisted "we care a lot about ASB!"" gee it's almost as if even that long ago nobody bothered reading my posts
"At the very least, it's hard to trust you because I don't understand how you can be friends with people who would do shit like this unremorsefully, or how you can rationalise this and be like 'okay, but I wasn't involved and I want to help ASB'. I have no idea if you're feeding this discussion to res/Mai, I have no idea if they're giving you advice on what to say/do, I don't know if they're planning some other mean thing."
like apart from kusareen? well
I have been the designated scapegoat for three years, you know
it's not an issue of res Does a Bad Thing and others are left to pick up pieces

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 10:16:12 pm
Sorry, I'm busy writing replies, but res can keep you guys updated on the posts

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 10:16:27 pm
pffh no I need to get back to work
nini you do the updates, it's not long post your bedtime

Crazy Linoone Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 10:17:12 pm
I'm probably gonna poof soon actually because it's finals week and I have 4 things to finish in 3 days (I left to write emails to you people... I also now have 4 things to finish in 2 days.)

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 10:29:47 pm
Okay, updated

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 10:31:15 pm
"I don't think they've gotten into my account, no (and I would've flipped a table if I knew, because there's a lot of sensitive material in my PMs so it's not only /my/ issue), but I switched my password after the announcement just in case. So the chances of my account being invaded are very low." snrk
bluzzy how long until you storm out deciding that even reslike assholes are more enjoyable to work with than that insufferable lot :33
we can set you a countdown :33
"Looking back I just kinda cringe, but what's done is done, and I do think I've learned from those incidents." pffh
"No matter how good they are at ASB, that's worth nothing, and I don't want to keep talking with people who lack that sort of basic decency." ah, the trap of believing res has no basic decency
"and I agree with uv. I'm... unconvinced that after years of using stolen passwords, res mentioned it for the very first time and the mysterious informant just happened to peek in at that moment." surely there's no point for a secret informant to peek at only one moment
also I think after years mentioning it publicly for the first time because at last it no longer is around enough to care isn't that unconvincing
I mean it literally was the first time I actually described my methods I think so like
that is not a ridic high bar of plausibility
"But this has been happening for ages. Like all the way back to Activity pit of doom, people were like "uhhh aren't you guys the ones who caused the meltdown in the last league?" and you downplayed it and just insisted "we care a lot about ASB!"" gee it's like nobody ever bothered reading what I wrote, golly gee
"Asked people, or snooped IRCs, or something." and you know, it's not like I never did that
you know what the most amusing thing is
way back when phantom made that mess

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 10:40:29 pm
bluzzy when you post those replies you should say who the speaker is
am assuming mostly uv but

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 10:40:48 pm
Oh whoops

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 10:40:55 pm
phantom had access to /the whole memory hole/

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 10:40:56 pm
The one above my giant textblock is Zhorken

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 10:41:11 pm
there was so much incriminating info there
there was literally a list of people I'd compromised in one of the earlier pages of one of the threads
and it was uv, I think, who phantom referred to look at it?
I don't even know what to say

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 10:44:06 pm
I mean, I /actually/ didn't realise until res straight out came and said it, so it's not like KY is impossible
was Phantom involved in much drama?

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 10:45:13 pm
all y'alls are super KY btw
second? res scapegoating incident
maybe third ider

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 10:46:05 pm
I vaguely remember wanting Phantom to join you and defect :333 idr result though

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 10:46:45 pm
allie what phantom was, like, up first
iirc phantom followed orders admirably, then stopped caring

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 10:47:33 pm
wait
maybe it wasn't Phantom but
I'm p sure that was someone I contacted
maybe it was for spying
in which case that's even. more.
there was someone who could possibly have joined after colours and moony were kicked to our side though

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 10:50:46 pm
"edit edit: In addition, your first post is like 'wow, I'm lucky that I used a different password!' so is it... likely that they would have gotten into your account without your permission? are you friends with them even? i'm so confused" also
it appears that you do not know res

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 10:52:33 pm
well bluzzy is ~I cut ties~ and can't explain
I guess I could

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 10:53:04 pm
bluzzy do you still have that looking through each other's texts pm

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 10:55:09 pm
RES WHY DID YOU POST THAT IN THE CBOX

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 10:56:25 pm
what'd I put where

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 10:56:26 pm
are you trying to sabotage us so we GIVE UP
is it a quote from social group?

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 10:56:43 pm
... probably

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 10:56:47 pm
I guess you could say you got hacked again but you claimed you just changed passwords

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 10:56:50 pm
idk
you can tell the truth which is that
there are still people who haven't changed their password

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 10:57:31 pm
Well yeah, I can /say/ that, but they probably won't /believe/ me

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 10:57:53 pm
jfc res

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 10:58:01 pm
also that if that's so, it's probably hoping too much that res would not stick its nose everywhere

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 10:58:04 pm
would it be worse if you said you pm'd it to me

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 10:58:07 pm
Maybe I can twist it into "maybe res figured I cut ties and is trying to incriminate me in revenge"

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 10:58:12 pm
I could say I got hacked
or you could rather

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 10:58:22 pm
especially if you, uh, actually called that out because seriously??? that's something
allie could you have even seen that

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 10:58:35 pm
I don't want to make allie and I seem even more cliquey

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 10:58:39 pm
p sure bluzzy didn't

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 10:58:47 pm
well no but I mean if bluzzy said she pm'd it to me
I also posted in cbox "are you in inboxes again"

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 10:59:35 pm
what actually happened is that I read it as ommibar so ...

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 10:59:54 pm
we should admit that then
need a plausible way of bluzzy knowing

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 11:00:02 pm
allie I have literally claimed not to have been in yours

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 11:00:16 pm
we have established no one should trust you though
we need a plausible way of bluzzy knowing it was ommibar

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 11:01:19 pm
I'm just saying I think only Omski and Totodile are probably unsafe

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 11:01:22 pm
bluzzy doesn't

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 11:01:28 pm
Should I include nini?

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 11:01:37 pm
nini was in cbox though

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 11:01:39 pm
it could have also been totodile

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 11:01:57 pm
you can include her but uv knows nini was in cbox

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 11:01:59 pm
I might actually even be able to enter totodile idk didn't bother trying
"we have established no one should trust you though" allie I don't even lie
well I don't make consequential lies that can be confirm/denied by the recipients before I want to people I care about
"Move our conversation to a different area though" snrk
"Off the top of my head I think only Totodile and Omski are at risk, although Totodile's been active." muffins could also have (I don't think it was but)
"that is, unless they're still in my account and somehow got the new password!!! because fuck me, right!!!" because fuck you yeah but unrelated

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 11:07:33 pm
if you change passwords while logged in, does it kick you out elsewhere?
like if you're logged in on one computer, and change passwords on another, will the first require you to reinput?

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 11:08:00 pm
yes
I have firsthand experience obviously

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 11:08:44 pm
pff
I have an opening to ask
so shall we incriminate ommibar?
er
well vaguely

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 11:09:38 pm
ask what

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 11:09:45 pm
in the cbox, which is apparently still stalked
I can ask how you are in social group

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 11:10:10 pm
allie you can incriminate basically anyone you want

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 11:10:34 pm
well I mean if you are willing to admit there that you're in someone's account

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 11:10:35 pm
as long as you don't mind incriminating yourself on the side

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 11:10:40 pm
then it takes the heat off bluzzy
I already was seen to be talking with you guys during the whole investigation start
so it can't get that much worse

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 11:14:58 pm
well if you want
"Again, it wasn't about KNOCKING ZHORKEN OFF THE THRONE AND RECLAIMING MY RIGHTFUL SEAT, it just." pffh it totally was

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 11:16:04 pm
oh now you've made it clear you know they're there... I guess if you're saying you're watching the group then it's obv

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 11:17:36 pm
well yeah
is kind of obvious

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 11:22:54 pm

Ugh. There are so many times when I should have just banned the lot of them even though there was little concrete proof; res at least has always just been such an awful person that I should not have abetted. Sorry you had to inherit this bullshit; I really wanted to basically tap someone in the new administration and say, "Look, if I were you I would ban these people from the game immediately," but I didn't imagine you'd welcome me trying to tell you what to do when I said I'd leave running things to you. Perhaps it would have been better if I did.

tbh this is at least the third fucking time this sort of thing has happened with blazheirio889, and while she seems pretty chill most of the time it keeps happening and she has not shown any actual remorse for any of it; it's pretty clearly a pattern, and at the very least I think removing her from any sort of administrative position would be wise. Even if she didn't know about this particular incident, there's no indication that she ever did anything to deter him or the other members of that group from their various abuses of other members. I will admit that password harvesting and accessing other people's accounts is a far more hateful and stupid thing than I thought even res was game for, but he has never been anything like a quality person, and people have had every opportunity to cut ties with him previously or gently express that they find his behavior not okay. Like, if your defense is, "Look I know he's talked awful shit about other people in the past, bullied other members, and abused the system in various ways, but oh I would never condone stealing passwords," I don't really know what to say to you. That his behavior just wasn't bad enough for you to care before is not a fantastic excuse. Same goes for allitersonance imo. In this case I think nonaction makes them complicit, and perhaps they were just kind of not saying anything, going along with whatever because they're friends, but they've clearly been up to some awful shit, and at that point I think not cutting ties and/or trying to stop it is a pretty damning move. idek about Crazy Linoone because as far as I'm aware she only showed up again like a week ago, but I'd look at anyone in their circle of friends with extreme suspicion.

Like I said I don't really want to tell you guys what to do about this situation; I left the running of the game to you, and you will need to be able to handle this kind of thing because it does, sadly, come up. But I will say that the big lesson I took away from my time running the league was that despite being called a tyrant a lot, I really was not enough of a tyrant in this respect. I let things go because even though I knew people should not be around, that they were making other members uncomfortable, they rarely did anything explicitly wrong and were careful enough to make actual rule breaches infrequent enough that I couldn't ding them for anything more concrete than "I know you're up to no good." I was much too hesitant to exercise my power to control who gets to play and who doesn't, and in the end it exploded and caused way more people to get hurt than ever would have if I'd just sucked it up, kicked them out when they were just minor nuisances and dealt with the drama fallout that resulted. It would have been much preferable to what did end up happening.

The opening of the new league was, unfortunately, bound to suffer from some of the old league's problems because it involves a lot of the same members. They've been relatively well-behaved since, but it's not even been two months and already you have this. I honestly think cleaning house would be the best thing for ensuring history doesn't repeat itself. It will hurt a lot, because the people we're talking about are some of the league's oldest and most active members, and because some of them legit probably had little to do with this particular incident. But if you keep them around I see a very high probability of this kind of thing happening again, and while it will be painful to lose them, the league will survive without them. I'm not sure that's the case if they're allowed to hang around until another flashpoint's reached.

So again, sorry you had to deal with this. I'll see if I can help with the clean-up. And I would advise a policy of no mercy.

Upon reviewing the screenshots here (UV only posted a couple of them in her other thread), my opinion on Crazy Linoone and allitersonance has shifted from "eh, maybe not that bad" to "definitely ban."
allie, gig's up

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 11:25:14 pm
who is it
saying this

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 11:25:44 pm
neggy

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 11:26:09 pm
as I suspected
oh well

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 11:26:44 pm
bluzzy being super KY is like, canon, though
this does make for administration unsuitable, to be sure
"But if you keep them around I see a very high probability of this kind of thing happening again, and while it will be painful to lose them, the league will survive without them. I'm not sure that's the case if they're allowed to hang around until another flashpoint's reached." oh neggy
http://en.m.wikiquote.org/wiki/Pol_P...iew_.281997.29 basically
allie you should will everything to croutons :333 implicate everyone until nobody is left
@allitersonance because eh

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 11:37:57 pm
... okay, I'm gonna go to sleep now =_=
Man, I was hoping to have a sane bedtime...

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 11:38:12 pm
haha
did you update though

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 11:38:19 pm
ajaja nope

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 11:38:37 pm
No, too tired

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 11:38:37 pm
res can you update thread

blazheirio889 Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 11:38:39 pm
Also can't res do that

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 11:38:43 pm
poo
anyway

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 11:38:53 pm
once you've touched me you can't ever make expectations of bedtimes

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 11:39:00 pm
looks like I'm gonna leave you bluzzy

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 11:39:02 pm
is like, a Rule

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 11:39:04 pm
I'm freeeee

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 11:39:17 pm
allie what are you doing

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 11:39:18 pm
give up~ give up~

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 11:39:34 pm
allie you should totally will everything to croutons though

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 11:39:42 pm
no gosh
I hope my account doesn't get deleted because I want it to be a testament
you and mimi's accounts are still around

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 11:41:11 pm
okay, dumped

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 11:41:18 pm
I'll probably be able to collect allowance if there's no actually banning at my asb account, amusingly

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 11:41:20 pm
allie still, will everything

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 11:42:34 pm
there are more pages?
dump the next two pages you mostly just have a retread (res reading from the ASB social group, I'm assuming)

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 11:43:39 pm
done

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 11:46:39 pm
pfft
on MF's own honour

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 11:50:03 pm
snrk right also
if muffins' honour is betrayed, then, who can trust?

muffins posted again btw @allitersonance

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 11:52:23 pm
aww MF
adorable!
my story's def going to be I thought I could get a list of accounts from you before reporting

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 11:53:06 pm
allie come on, go implicate more important people :33 if asb is going too have to go in fire like this, it'll be a kindness

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 11:58:04 pm
geez allie you're so KY

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 11:58:36 pm
even if I don't get banned I can't co-head with bluzzy though hm
dammit res

res Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 11:59:25 pm
what damn

allitersonance Sun, Mar 15th 2015, 11:59:39 pm
password swiping
this is like, reverse scapegoating
the scapegoat brings down others with it
not the purpose of a scapegoat dammit

res Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 12:01:54 am
neggy, btw, is actively antifun
oh well
anyway, no more tcod for me

allitersonance Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 12:03:25 am
haha

res Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 12:04:20 am
seriously though my methods are so
unimpressive
allie was like wait seriously that's all???

allitersonance Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 12:04:57 am
shockingly people also want to get by on trusting people not to be terrible
I mean they regard password swiping as active malice

res Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 12:06:02 am
password swiping is just passive res amusement okay
when res is involved it can't even be called malice

allitersonance Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 12:06:51 am
it's still considered, y'know, bad
and worse when you actually go and use it

res Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 12:09:12 am
eh passwords are fundamentally flawed abstractions
I'm still slightly amused that they wanted to not mention who was mysterious informant

allitersonance Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 12:11:37 am
is it probably [redacted] person or should we assume eifie

res Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 12:11:46 am
also eifie also basically admitted it
or maybe I misread? eeh
either way it's like seriously?? you are expecting to keep your secrets from someone you are suspecting of literally swiping passwords??

allitersonance Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 12:15:23 am
was it actually the first time eifie went on though
because wow that's, uh, some luck
anyway, sleep

res Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 12:17:53 am
gosh allie go implicate some people

res Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 1:44:39 am
[tumblr link redacted]

res Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 2:53:03 am

pathos
Today 02:21 AMpathos
okay I just want to post because I was asleep while this was all going on and I'm not gonna say anything huge I just want to say that I find these two cbox grabs particularly hurtful

http://i.imgur.com/vEQDBFE.png
http://i.imgur.com/RBQjPGX.png
sighs.

??????
I can only assume that poo is hurt by (a) attempting to guess where the leak (b) hpmor rec???
o don't understand

blazheirio889 Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 6:17:28 am
I guess I am freed??

allitersonance Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 6:43:27 am
?? I'm not banned yet
what happen though

blazheirio889 Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 6:43:38 am
res, what's your reason for ban?

allitersonance Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 6:43:40 am
kicked out of mod group?

blazheirio889 Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 6:43:43 am
Mine just says "security breach"
I dunno, Eifie woke me up this morning (aaaugh) and asked me
She asked Zhorken, though, and she says I deserve to know why I was
banned, so hopefully we'll get some answers there?

allitersonance Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 6:44:59 am
your freedom is my freedom
idk why they'd ban you /first/ though
nini were you banned yet

blazheirio889 Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 6:45:21 am
Yeah idk man \o/
Doesn't looke like it

allitersonance Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 6:46:33 am
I think poo thinks all references to impeach were at him

blazheirio889 Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 6:46:48 am
Even when I posted saying it was in reference to Zhorken?

allitersonance Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 6:47:12 am
I made a comment to the effect of pathos being the leak would make it
harder to impeach
I really said a lot of stupid shit for knowing a leak was happening, haha
I wonder if, had I not mentioned you, would you have been under suspicion at all

blazheirio889 Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 6:48:09 am
Thanks </3

allitersonance Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 6:48:21 am
I'm p sure you /were/ online when the informant was seeing comments
about PMs though
and you don't have that obscure of a name

blazheirio889 Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 6:48:37 am
Haha
Yeah I dunno, maybe the informant is discussing behind the scenes

allitersonance Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 6:48:53 am
if it's Eifie who wanted to keep you out of it maybe that explains things?

blazheirio889 Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 6:48:54 am
And that implicated me?

allitersonance Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 6:48:58 am
mm, perhaps
is MF gonna handle the ref quizzes
we can't even pretend Zhorken will now that she stepped down
other than Butterfree no mods are even showing up as online

blazheirio889 Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 6:52:14 am
I dunno

allitersonance Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 6:52:26 am
I really don't get being banned /after/ you

blazheirio889 Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 6:52:34 am
When we were divvying up the duties, he said he could help, but
probably wouldn't want to take on the brunt of the work

allitersonance Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 6:52:47 am
it's not like anyone sent a message like "you have 24 hours to explain"

res Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 6:54:51 am
pffh bluzzy already ban?

allitersonance Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 6:55:17 am
!! free breakfast today
fortuitous that I got up early

blazheirio889 Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 6:55:24 am
res res what was the reason given for your ban?

allitersonance Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 6:55:24 am
(it is almost 10)
I have omurice... maybe I'll make it actual breakfast
and not, uh, lunch

res Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 6:57:42 am
uh

You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

blazheirio889 Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 6:57:50 am
hmph
Mine just says security breach, so idk if that means they think I was
in on the pw thing, or if they thought you were accessing the group
through my account

allitersonance Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 6:58:56 am
do you have a date for banlift

blazheirio889 Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 6:59:01 am
Just says never
But Eifie said that means it won't expire, but it can be lifted

allitersonance Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 6:59:51 am
asbdb is inaccessible

We're still dealing with the fallout of the recent stolen passwords.
There's no way res could have gotten passwords out of the ASBdb;
however, since most people reuse the same password everywhere, it's
still possible they could get into someone's account and cause
trouble. I'm going to have to deal with this tomorrow.
I'm sorry that the ASB relaunch has seen so much leftover drama from
the old league. We're going to be finally addressing it over the next
few days.

it's not even a pretty error page gosh
I'm hurt Zhorken put so little effort into this
anyway, going for breakfast assuming there's any left, so with travel
time + food I might be a while

res Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 7:03:31 am
is nini banned yet

blazheirio889 Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 7:03:47 am
I don't think so

Crazy Linoone Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 7:06:21 am
oh god there's infinite messages what's even going on again
...can I put this off until finals week is over

res Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 7:07:12 am
no ;;
just copy-paste everything from page 3 onward

Crazy Linoone Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 7:07:49 am
??? page 3 of what
...can I do this after I get sleep though

res Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 7:08:08 am
suicidal group thread
nini no

Crazy Linoone Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 7:08:19 am
I don't trust myself to do anything anymore at this point in time
...should I even be going on tcod at this point

res Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 7:09:14 am
probably not

blazheirio889 Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 7:09:15 am
Oh uh

res Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 7:09:18 am
still

blazheirio889 Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 7:09:33 am
I think it was uv that said they really want you to go in the thread
and say something
Or Eifie, or both

Crazy Linoone Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 7:10:18 am
....?????
is everyone just getting banned now

blazheirio889 Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 7:10:35 am
Dunno \o/

res Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 7:10:47 am
nini also there was commentary where neggy encouraged banning you and
allie also so
quickly :33

Crazy Linoone Today at 7:11 AM
......but finals week
too many messages, not enough sleep, gonna poof for the morning and
hope I don't regret later ugh
NO DECISION MAKING UNTIL SLEEP

res Mar 16, 7:15:24 am
no decisions, information though :33

allitersonance Mar 16, 7:47:40 am
you can just ask them to wait until finals week is over and give them a date on which you promise to respond
you can add a "if this is unacceptable, go ahead and ban me, finals are more important"

Mai Mar 16, 8:42:31 am
miruku why did you cbox those things

res Mar 16, 8:57:40 am
bluzzy your banning can explain how you discovered that even res the douchebag is a nicer interaction than them y/y ♥
nini info
@mimi what mean why

Mai Mar 16, 9:03:59 am
why did you. did you want that to be seen, and if so, why

res Mar 16, 9:08:52 am
mostly because objection in principle to the notion of kicking me out

allitersonance Mar 16, 9:12:44 am
they have objection in principle to the notion of you seeing things meant to not be seen by you, shockingly

res Mar 16, 9:14:50 am
not meant to be seen by me for reasons of ejected me illegitimately gosh

allitersonance Mar 16, 9:15:15 am
okay but they ejected you for hacking now so that is actually legitimate

res Mar 16, 9:16:26 am
tangential!

allitersonance Mar 16, 9:16:50 am
it's not tangential to you posting things you shouldn't see in the cbox!

res Mar 16, 9:17:50 am
allie you should still go will everything to croutons

Mai Mar 16, 9:19:11 am
eh if ASB collapses after this anyway it won't matter

res Mar 16, 9:19:56 am
neggy thinks it won't snrk

Mai Mar 16, 9:20:39 am
pretty sure neggy is wrong
also my ban was "sorry. Didn't really have a choice." or something
which is. kind of amusing, actually
that was before uv decided conclusively that I was an awful terrible person
opal was like "well, at least you were cooperative"
after the malicious lies

res Mar 16, 9:37:55 am
mimi
@mimi
@MIMI.

Mai Mar 16, 9:40:54 am
yes
let me find it
opaltiger I won't pretend I'm not really fucking angry about this, but I do appreciate you being forthcoming.
also

uv everyone was right about you guys! i was thinking 'gee, they must be nice people. they're nice to each other and htey care about asb'
uv but no you're just awful people

gosh
I didn't respond to that
didn't think there was any point, I was banned at that point
[redact]
well, that's good
miruku did you ever use Dragon's account
relevant information
I feel like we need to, uh
try not to invalidate bluzzyexcuse but also make sure we don't piss off Dragon
like Dragon

allitersonance Mar 16, 9:55:44 am
tell dragon that bluzzy didn't know, and you did (we can't pretend otherwise now) but didn't think dragon was ever a target
why am I not one of you guys </3 sure I didn't really know dragon for five years but
am I really lesser on this score than res

res Mar 16, 9:57:42 am
dragon was not a target I think

allitersonance Mar 16, 9:59:28 am
it would be a terrible idea to yell "what does an asshole have to do to get banned around here" eh
pff
bluzzy wasn't even in the box as long as me :(((
the box is where hivemind /happens/

Mai Mar 16, 10:01:08 am
have you gotten any more PMs

allitersonance Mar 16, 10:02:22 am
I haven't gotten anything
since opal
except for an exchange with MF about how it does chills with paralysis (answer: terribly)
oh my god MF is going to be the most experienced ref after we leave
the most qualified
while having terrible opinions

Mai Mar 16, 10:04:17 am
I never followed up on statuses. oh well.

allitersonance Mar 16, 10:04:21 am
haha
well we're free
from caring and everything

Mai Mar 16, 10:04:42 am
yes, this is true

allitersonance Mar 16, 10:04:52 am
so it can't be helped if things don't improve according to our ideas

blazheirio889 Mar 16, 10:16:18 am
Okay, texted Dragon
Remember to keep up
"I'm not talking to res and Mai" charades

res Mar 16, 10:16:39 am
[redacted]
bluzzy you should stop doing that
that gets hard to do with people you
actually interact with
not necessarily consensually

Mai Mar 16, 10:17:55 am
I will keep up the charade

res Mar 16, 10:18:13 am
it gets hard to keep up that kind of charade when it involves people you actually sometimes have to interact with not consensually
I mean, I'm not going to break the charade either but
you should consider whether that off something you actually want to. do.

blazheirio889 Mar 16, 10:19:18 am
Well since we're all banned on TCoD I don't imagine we'll have that much interaction anymore

Mai Mar 16, 10:19:33 am
don't you meet up physically
in person
are you a good meatspace liar

res Mar 16, 10:19:45 am
it is aware of your physical existence

blazheirio889 Mar 16, 10:20:01 am
Considering most of what we have in common is TCoD, idk how much physical intereaction we'll have :P
I am a good metspace liar

res Mar 16, 10:20:16 am
bluzzy you're not a sociopath, that is not something you'd be able to keep up substantially

Mai Mar 16, 10:20:21 am
are we pretending you cut off nini and allie too

blazheirio889 Mar 16, 10:20:42 am
No, because I still trust them somewhat and am holding onto the hope that they weren't involved in pw swiping

Mai Mar 16, 10:20:46 am
okay

blazheirio889 Mar 16, 10:21:08 am
Also the logs seem to indicate their confusion anyway

res Mar 16, 10:21:21 am
the logs also indicate my confusion

allitersonance Mar 16, 10:22:14 am
not your confusion at pw swiping, just at leak

res Mar 16, 10:22:33 am
as it happens it also includes me describing in gratuitous detail how trivial the operation is but

allitersonance Mar 16, 10:25:07 am
and informant probably won't mention, and probably didn't realise, that all of the actual /information/ was gotten by me being wtf is going on at you, and you casually answering
*shakefist* I actually /am/ more or less innocent!
I didn't have a chance to be guilty yet!

blazheirio889 Mar 16, 10:26:06 am
But would you really want to be innocent without us
Wouldn't you rather BE FREE

res Mar 16, 10:26:14 am
yes that is one of my flaws
ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer
ask a straightforward question, get a straightforward answer
ask a casual question, get a casual answer
"I didn't have a chance to be guilty yet!" you say that as if you haven't already crimethinked

allitersonance Mar 16, 10:45:01 am
nini's usertitle is [broke ASB] exactly what we need

Mai Mar 16, 10:46:12 am
... nini
nini yes
that loses us one more scapegoat but I think we're out of lives anyway

allitersonance Mar 16, 10:47:19 am
bluzzy is one who needs scapegoats, she isn't a viable scapegoat
she is team leader so it's game over without her
that's why res and mimi are supposed to DIE FOR HER

res Mar 16, 10:48:23 am
geez allie ice done that kind four times now

allitersonance Mar 16, 10:48:43 am
you're the one who brought on this latest death!
and it was a TPK
worst scapegoat
not supposed to explode after too many uses and take down the whole party with it

blazheirio889 Mar 16, 10:49:22 am
It prob would've gone a lot smoother if you. Didn't post that quote in the cbox
Like why

allitersonance Mar 16, 10:49:36 am
that wasn't even through you though, haha

Mai Mar 16, 10:49:42 am
yeah miruku. really.

allitersonance Mar 16, 10:49:44 am
but also yes, why
why res

res Mar 16, 10:49:57 am
well sorry I accidentally aggroed the boss repeatedly it isn't like I have fine control of my aoe

blazheirio889 Mar 16, 10:50:38 am
p. sure you had enough control over that

Mai Mar 16, 10:50:48 am
... it wouldn't be undone if you admitted it was Omskivar, would it

allitersonance Mar 16, 10:50:54 am
too late now

Mai Mar 16, 10:51:00 am
yeah

blazheirio889 Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 11:59:28 am
I shouldn't have peeked back into ASB :C Keldeo thinks that a Taunted Pokemon shouldn't default to its offensive option
... oh, well, not like I'm responsible for refs now anymore I guess
... you know, on the off chance that they just banned me for security reasons and are going to lift the ban after they beef up security, I don't think I'll go back anyway
Much stress

Mai Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 12:03:54 pm
yeah
best idea

allitersonance Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 12:10:12 pm
it's 100% too late to powergrab even if you are allowed back
so
given that, there's no point in returning

blazheirio889 Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 12:11:19 pm
Gosh, guys, and I was /so close/

allitersonance Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 12:12:06 pm
yeah
well
isn't that equal to considering yourself having achieved head ref, and proven that you were the best for it
without ever having to take responsibility :333

blazheirio889 Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 12:12:39 pm
No, because I didn't get to do reforms

allitersonance Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 12:12:52 pm
if you did reforms you could never be free

blazheirio889 Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 12:12:54 pm
I didn't want it for the achievement, I wanted it for the reforms

allitersonance Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 12:12:57 pm
you'd be invested

blazheirio889 Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 12:13:27 pm
Ehh, win some lose some I guess

Mai Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 1:37:10 pm
bluzzy is banned but we're still keeping up the charade of her not talking to us

res Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 1:37:20 pm
speaking of which, why

Mai Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 1:37:32 pm
or at least. I said so to Dragon

res Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 1:37:47 pm
getting banned us perfect opportunity to realise that we are still superior :33

Mai Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 1:38:10 pm
if we get her to like us again and immediately demonstrate we lied to her, well
that would be an amusing resolution

res Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 1:39:25 pm
why are we even doing that charade

Mai Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 1:39:44 pm
the idea was to save bluzzyface, but
now that she's banned

allitersonance Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 1:57:09 pm
you fully nuked the cbox?
gosh how are you going to taunt them with knowledge you shouldn't have or admit you have now

blazheirio889 Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 2:36:55 pm
... I actually haven't eaten much because nervousness gets to my stomach

Mai Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 2:37:46 pm
nervousness over fallout, still, mean?
at least you're banned now, eh

blazheirio889 Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 2:38:10 pm
p. much. Like rationally I don't really care much, but I'd still like to know their final conclusion
But my sympathetic nervous system is all NOOOO

Mai Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 2:38:27 pm
ah, yeah

blazheirio889 Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 2:38:38 pm
It'll pass *shrug*
And once it does, AM FREE

Mai Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 2:39:07 pm
I was a lot calmer during the event itself than, uh, the next morning
because when interrogated about things my emotions kind of shut down

blazheirio889 Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 2:39:30 pm
Ahh
It's nice to be able to keep a level head during interrogation, but
Bleh emotions

Mai Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 2:39:44 pm
but now it's back to AM FREE, I think
one thing you need to sort out is the charade, though
that is a thing
it might be an impractical thing

allitersonance Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 2:40:41 pm
I was totally calm during the event, vaguely nervous immediately after wondering if I was going to be banned, but with bluzzyban I'm free no matter what

blazheirio889 Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 2:40:45 pm
I think it's nice to keep it up for a bit, while we're still talking to people

Mai Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 2:40:59 pm
it depends on, uh

blazheirio889 Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 2:41:01 pm
But after we can be like "the ban drove bluzzy back to them because she's lonely :'("

allitersonance Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 2:41:03 pm
might be able to say we started talking again since you had no one to talk to after ban
haha yes
since we're not pretending I stopped talking to res ever

blazheirio889 Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 2:41:20 pm
I am a poor wibbly creature

Mai Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 2:41:23 pm
how you value relationship with metallica/eifie/dragon
but yes

allitersonance Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 2:41:27 pm
it could be that I gave you whatever

blazheirio889 Mon, Mar 16th 2015, 2:41:47 pm
I value relationship with MF, not as much Eifie and Dragon, but

Mai Mon, Mar 16, 5:01:38 pm
I'm incapable of GIVE UP GIVE UP though
I actually did need to get banned

allitersonance Mon, Mar 16, 5:02:16 pm
yes
WHEN IS IT MY TURN

res Mon, Mar 16, 5:02:22 pm
mimi it's healthier this way

allitersonance Mon, Mar 16, 5:02:27 pm
WHAT DOES AN ASSHOLE HAVE TO DO TO GET BANNED AROUND THERE
never mind that I'm not quite the asshole they think I am

res Mon, Mar 16, 5:03:00 pm
allie you are one nonetheless

allitersonance Mon, Mar 16, 5:03:10 pm
I'm tainted dammit *shakefist* turned into a cancer by res's evil influence

res Mon, Mar 16, 5:03:27 pm
you are a cancer, yes
you cannot resist the influence of a pure pure heart

allitersonance Mon, Mar 16, 5:45:28 pm
welp
I've been banned

res Mon, Mar 16, 5:45:35 pm
snrk allie
finally

allitersonance Mon, Mar 16, 5:45:51 pm
about fucking time

No reason was specified.

I feel like they didn't put effort into this
they didn't even try to contact me
nini and bluzzy sort of got a chance to say their piece
so offended
anyway, freedom!

res Mon, Mar 16, 5:48:18 pm
nini also

allitersonance Mon, Mar 16, 5:48:29 pm
ah, so nini didn't get a chance?

res Mon, Mar 16, 5:48:31 pm
very amuse
I wonder if people will wonder
suddenly??? all the important people for banned

allitersonance Mon, Mar 16, 5:49:48 pm
there'll probably be an announcement
saying we got the accomplice ending
oh well
if they were people whose opinion I should care for, they would've contacted me
[redacted]

blazheirio889 Mon, Mar 16, 5:51:27 pm
we are all free \o/

allitersonance Mon, Mar 16, 5:51:30 pm
yeah

blazheirio889 Mon, Mar 16, 5:51:39 pm
Man sucks for you guys, though you didn't even get a reason

allitersonance Mon, Mar 16, 5:51:44 pm
I don't even have to pick up your obligations \o/

res Mon, Mar 16, 5:53:41 pm
bluzzy can you extract story from muffins

blazheirio889 Mon, Mar 16, 5:53:50 pm
Poor prospective refs, though, I was looking forward to teaching them :c
He basically promised to keep me updated without me asking...
But he says it's been awfully quiet

res Mon, Mar 16, 5:56:04 pm
does that mean muffins is also suspect
\o/

blazheirio889 Mon, Mar 16, 5:56:29 pm
I don't think so
neggy was like "okay assume MASSIVE SECURITY LEAK EVERYONE KEEP QUIET FOR AT LEAST 24 HOURS"

res Mon, Mar 16, 5:57:17 pm
at this rate it won't be correct to claim I caused asb to burn to the ground

blazheirio889 Mon, Mar 16, 5:57:57 pm
... huh. MF says he's considering leaving, too

res Mon, Mar 16, 5:58:08 pm
implying there was security in the first place
reasoning?
also snrk

blazheirio889 Mon, Mar 16, 5:58:25 pm
He really doesn't like how the situation was handled

res Mon, Mar 16, 5:58:54 pm
snrk

blazheirio889 Mon, Mar 16, 5:59:15 pm
Shoot first, ask questions later

res Mon, Mar 16, 5:59:31 pm
what would it have rather done

blazheirio889 Mon, Mar 16, 6:00:24 pm
Like. More open communication, and less paranoia-based decision making, I guess

allitersonance Mon, Mar 16, 6:00:56 pm
hahaha!
perfect!
ALL possible heads leaving
res what did you dooo

res Mon, Mar 16, 6:01:25 pm
since they were dealing with res there shouldn't have been any expectation of privacy anyway u_u

blazheirio889 Mon, Mar 16, 6:01:27 pm
I'm not sure if he's set on leaving, but

res Mon, Mar 16, 6:01:37 pm
you should subtly encourage

allitersonance Mon, Mar 16, 6:01:45 pm
I know mimi wanted a dramatic leaving but
yeah, encourage it
without us, ASB burns, that's just how it is!
hahaha

res Mon, Mar 16, 6:02:30 pm
it doesn't even need to burn but it can anyway since snrk

Mai Mon, Mar 16, 6:03:43 pm
excellent
I did want a dramatic leaving, yes

res Mon, Mar 16, 6:04:05 pm
you know, this is dramatic enough

res Mon, Mar 16, 6:04:25 pm
they can't possibly cover up a mass murder on this scale, you know

allitersonance Mon, Mar 16, 6:04:26 pm
like three years old though

res Mon, Mar 16, 6:06:16 pm
http://asb.dragonflycave.com/ "We're going to be finally addressing it over the next few days."
addressing = burning asb to the ground so no more drama :33 yay
can you imagine the /disillusionment/ to result

allitersonance Mon, Mar 16, 6:09:06 pm
let's keep it in our imaginations
and not continue to obsess over it
it really is time to GIVE UP

Mai Mon, Mar 16, 6:09:31 pm
... that is true

res Mon, Mar 16, 6:09:36 pm
wait
I need to find a thing
http://tcodforums.eeveeshq.com/showpost.php?p=629572&postcount=197 found it

Mai Mon, Mar 16, 6:11:04 pm
I want to enjoy being vindicated at least a little though ///

res Mon, Mar 16, 6:11:16 pm
"Upon landing, she stood for a long moment, basking in the glory of the beautiful hell around her."
vindicated?

Mai Mon, Mar 16, 6:11:37 pm
yes
ASB being burned to the ground without us is enough to do that I would think

res Mon, Mar 16, 6:13:05 pm
mimi that ain't no vindication

allitersonance Mon, Mar 16, 6:44:29 pm
bluzzy you can now truthfully say we have each other's skype but. still hiding hivemind or

blazheirio889 Mon, Mar 16, 6:58:34 pm
Well I never pretended I'm not in contact with you, allie

res Mon, Mar 16, 7:02:50 pm
still think that charade is just waiting to be exploded

Mai Mon, Mar 16, 7:03:11 pm
yeah, it's a bad idea
wait ... maybe three days, then try to get out of it
three days is a reasonable amount of lonely time, right

res Mon, Mar 16, 7:05:23 pm
there is a reason I don't deny things and part of it is so that I can feel justified when I tell people that in retrospect, I was being deliberately misleading to try not to explode the situation but I did nothing wrong

Mai Mon, Mar 16, 7:21:49 pm
I seemed innocent until now and was idly liked, I think? so when I fell, I fell hard, I guess
that PM exchange was when res and bluzzy were talking shit about Phantom though
I said no because the incident was swept under the rug enough by the time he asked

allitersonance Mon, Mar 16, 7:30:54 pm
I assume I was mildly disliked from BFA stuff
but anyway probably no one is that surprised by me
if they knew about privacy issues
it probably would've been good to have bluzzy report rescrime and then publicly break off in retrospect
and if not for leak I would've pushed for that tbh
so how's freedom, nini?

Crazy Linoone Mon, Mar 16, 7:33:39 pm
hello???? I am back with 4 hours more sleep so I still don't think I'm allowed to make decisions yet
also am I banned
I'm banned

blazheirio889 Mon, Mar 16, 7:34:24 pm
I'm so totally unable to take Effercon seriously, he sounds way too dramatic

Mai Mon, Mar 16, 7:35:17 pm
I feel like it's so telling that he thinks the BfA was a /scam/

Crazy Linoone Mon, Mar 16, 7:35:28 pm

No reason was specified.

Crazy Linoone Mon, Mar 16, 7:36:13 pm
can someone just summarize the past, like, day for me

Mai Mon, Mar 16, 7:36:37 pm
uhm everyone was banned
Metallica is considering quitting

Crazy Linoone Mon, Mar 16, 7:37:51 pm
how/why what actually happened/is happening

blazheirio889 Mon, Mar 16, 7:38:45 pm
Well now with WE'RE FREE hopefully we're also free of the social effects

Mai Mon, Mar 16, 7:39:05 pm
I consider the hivemind a social effect

Crazy Linoone Mon, Mar 16, 7:40:21 pm
maybe they just banned everyone for fun and profit?

res Mon, Mar 16, 7:40:28 pm
neggy already decided all bad things are res so

allitersonance Mon, Mar 16, 7:40:30 pm
but like it indicates I was going to do stuff surely

Mai Mon, Mar 16, 7:40:41 pm
neggy did kind of encourage that right

res Mon, Mar 16, 7:40:51 pm
yes

blazheirio889 Mon, Mar 16, 7:41:07 pm
Well it's not like she's involved in running ASB anymore, so it's not her mess

Crazy Linoone Mon, Mar 16, 7:42:22 pm
but everyone is free?

allitersonance Mon, Mar 16, 7:42:26 pm
yeah

Mai Mon, Mar 16, 7:42:30 pm
everyone is free

allitersonance Mon, Mar 16, 7:42:42 pm
if MF leaves then all of ASB will soon be free :333

Crazy Linoone Mon, Mar 16, 7:42:49 pm
~free~ I don't even know what's going on but ~free~

Mai Mon, Mar 16, 7:43:22 pm
that would be great. burn it to the ground

allitersonance Mon, Mar 16, 7:44:23 pm
bluzzy you should basically just "yeah even if they unbanned me I wouldn't go back" and such at MF

blazheirio889 Mon, Mar 16, 7:44:28 pm
Already did

Last edited:
what the actual fuck, are they saying they wanted to completely destroy ASB over ... something ... that happened 3 years ago is this the goddamn implication

:(

I looked up to these people and really enjoyed their company. I don't know what exactly happened in the battle for asber thing, but I doubt that they needed to retaliate.

I... don't know what to say. I'm just shocked and appalled by these members' behavior :(

I would like to thank the admin staff for investigating so thoroughly and taking the necessary actions to stop this. And I'd also like to thank Crazy Linoone for doing the right thing and coming forward with this information.

(This post hasn't been proofread, so apologies for any mistakes.)

On March 7th (that's about 11 days ago), I decided to check my spam mailbox in 2.5 years and discovered that I had recently received an email from Mai and res asking me where I've been, that they miss me, and that they want me back.

And, well, here we are.

First, I want to thank Negrek for how well they handled all of this. Negrek had been really supportive and understanding the whole way through all the email exchanges, and was very good about making sure that I'm not forced into doing something I'm uncomfortable with. I'm also very glad that they and the mod team decided to release all of this information like this -- I think it'll do a lot of good to be able to talk about this drama rather than trying to shove it under the carpet.

What res and co. did is terrible. People have sensitive conversations in their PMs, and it's up to themselves to judge whether they're comfortable sharing it with others. Manipulating and lying to people are also pretty shitty things to do.

However, I will say this: I honestly don't think res, Mai, Blazhy, and Allitersonance meant any malice.

"How could they not mean any malice! Look at that chatlog!" You say. A lot of people are shocked that Blazhy and Mai would do something like this, and, frankly, I was too -- I hadn't expected to come back from my 2.5 years of disappearance to, well, this.

I think what had happened was just a whole lot of foolishness and apathy.

res thought it's funny to read people's PMs. That's the entire reason. res is a fool who doesn't quite understand that actions have consequences, and that maybe it should consider other people's feelings before doing something, maybe. If it makes anyone feel better, I don't think res or Mai ever accessed anyone's emails or other accounts outside of TCoD-related things (various BfA forums and TCoD itself), so you don't need to wonder about stolen credit card information or anything.

As for Mai, Blazhy, and Allie -- they just kind of ... went along with what res did because they enjoyed hanging out with res, and it's easier that way. Blazhy didn't have enough initiative to report, and she had cared enough about her TCoD friendships to try to keep them (by lying, not her finest decision). And allitersonance considered reporting, but decided that she didn't really care enough about TCoD or ASB to do anything about it (she also says that she didn't realize that res had been stealing passwords until recently.)

In the end, it's just so easy to go along with what your friends when they do something bad. It's so easy to rationalize it away. Admitting that your friend might be not the good person you thought they were is hard. Taking action against that your friend is even harder. And so you go along with them, not really thinking about the impact of your actions until everything comes crashing down on 2.5 years later.

I won't blame you for being angry, or for wanting to never trusting them again. And it is Blazhy, Mai, and Allie's own responsibility to not act like decent human beings, no matter whose friend they were. But don't think of them as evil bad people then walk away feeling high and mighty, because that's not how it works.

---

I'm not going to pretend I'm a perfectly innocent bystander. I had known from BfA that res had been accessing information that I didn't have. I had honestly just assumed that res has been getting it through legitimate means -- lurking in IRC servers, outright asking people for them and having them give it to you (social engineering is surprisingly easy since people love talking about themselves), having access to some other forums where people hang out -- I didn't think res would be the type of person who'd actually breach people's privacy, because, well, res was my friend.

I think if I had sat down and thought about it for a while, I would've figured out that res was getting its information from stolen password. But I didn't. And time passed, BfA ended, I left, and I thought all the drama would've over...

In the end, I don't know if I would've been able to report res and co. if I had hung out with them for the past 2.5 years. I might've not even seen the lying and manipulation as "bad", because, well, nobody else in the group pointed it out as bad.

It's so, so easy to make excuses.

---

Blazhy has a few things to say to TCoD; her last words, if you will:

Blazhy is sincerely sorry for all this drama, and that mentoring the new refs had been the most fun she's had in ASB for a really long time. It had been very tolling for her (and many members of the group) to keep up the facade, and she regrets not having the initiative to come out and end the whole thing. And: "I think all I have to say is that I understand their decision and I'm completely grateful about it, because I think everyone is better off now (including us, because we're free)".

Of course, it's up to you whether you believe her though.

----

Some notes about the Chatlog

People in the chat tend towards exaggeration for humor, so take with a grain of salt when people say things like IMPEACH ZHORKEN (it's less of a "toss Zhorken out the window" and more of a "if someone with more experience take over ASB rulings, Zhorken can focus on the Database, and everyone will be happier" compressed and turned into a meme.)

Chatlog, and "Removing Crazy Linoone's comments"

I had annotated the log with commentary and clarifications/translations -- turned out that I was wrongly interpreting some things as new information rolled in, so I requested Negrek to remove them to decrease misunderstanding. The clarifications/translations are still there though -- the formatting's kinda janky, but they're all in parentheses.

If you're wondering about the content non-ASB related chatlog -- it's basically spam. Things like what we ate for lunch / people not going to sleep even though they should / how someone almost fainted from not eating food / random links from the internet / so on and so forth.

---

...I have a lot more thoughts about this, on how things could've gone and how things should've gone, but I'm tired and I wanna sleep. With that said, I'll probably be without internet for the next 3 days so please don't blow up on me too much thanks bye.

Ugh, to think I had access to it all, but got banned before I couldget anything from it besides the stuff about bluzzy manipulating me.

The main reason that I personally wanted these logs posted is because I know these poeple have a lot of friends on this forum, some of which they might actually still be talking to and claiming their innocence. I don't really care about that very much. If any of you still want to be friends with people, that's none of my business (and you're not going to be like, banned for it or something). What I really wanted is for people to be making informed choices about what these people are like. If you're friends with these people, I want you to think critically about your friendship with them and decide if you're okay with all of this shit that's been going on. You're not a bad person if you don't want to be friends with someone because they do things you don't like.

However, I will say this: I honestly don't think res, Mai, Blazhy, and Allitersonance meant any malice.

"How could they not mean any malice! Look at that chatlog!" You say. A lot of people are shocked that Blazhy and Mai would do something like this, and, frankly, I was too -- I hadn't expected to come back from my 2.5 years of disappearance to, well, this.
This isn't really directed at you; I just want to speak openly about it.

I think you can look at this situation two ways.

The first way you can look at this is that they were being malicious. I look at the logs and remember everything I've experienced with these guys ... and I just have to wonder how any of them forgot that the things they were doing were really, seriously problematic. They discuss with each other in the logs whether it's advantageous to keep lying to the social group so blazheirio889 won't be banned. They discuss several times openly about manipulating people so they'll have them 'on their side'. They talk about whose accounts they have access to and joke about us believing some of the things they lied about. They're self-aware about the discussion they're having, and a lot of it does seem genuinely malicious. There are also several mentions of laughing about how ASB will burn to the ground without them, how they're destroying ASB, how funny it is that they're lying to people and making them upset.

For example, I personally confronted Mai and vented my frustration about this (Mai accessed my account specifically) because I thought Mai was cool and I thought we could be friends; they basically deflected and didn't respond to me at all. You can later see Mai joking that 'uv has decided that I'm a terrible person now'. That isn't the actions of a person who didn't think they were doing any harm and just joking around, sorry. It's kind of unambiguously mean.

Keep in mind that the actual rules they broke - breaking into people's accounts, using the Mod CP to track IPs, reading through people's private messages - are actual serious behaviours that usually have real-life consequences. This is the kind of thing that you would get fired for at a job or expelled from school for - or at worst, you could potentially face legal action or the law. I say this a lot, but we're a tiny pokemon forum with ~100 active members. The worst consequence they could face from us is a ban (which isn't even foolproof).

The other way they could look at this is that they didn't mean to be malicious and just thought it was funny. I feel like probably a few of those involved didn't intend to actually do harm to people by getting involved in things like this. When you're friends with people who make bad decisions but their friendships are valuable to you, you can rationalise it and ignore the bad parts and keep being friends with them. Eventually these bad behaviours don't even register as a big deal anymore and you kind of stop thinking about it. I get that.

But even if you look at it this way, when someone does things that affect you, it's a two-way street. Someone can accidentally step on your sandcastle and not intend to upset you, but that can still be really upsetting! Because your sandcastle has a giant foot imprint in the middle of it, and that really sucks, but you'd understand if it was an accident. You probably won't hate someone for that.

But you'd probably hate someone for... standing on your sandcastle because they thought it was funny. They didn't do it with the expressed purpose of doing it to make you feel bad, but you're probably going to be upset because that's a dick thing to do. You'd probably be more upset if it was a really big sandcastle and they'd helped you build it and pretended to be super excited about it. You'd probably be even more upset if they did this multiple times, even after you telling them that it was a mean thing to do.

The good thing about sandcastles is that they're made out of sand and you can fix them pretty easily! You can scoop up all the broken bits, pick out all the shells and get those assholes escorted off the beach.

There are several instances in those logs where they're gloating that ASB is going to be ruined now. I'm not really interested in seeing that happen.

Back
Top Bottom