• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Third-Party Party Mafia - Game Thread

:grin:

Keldeo can speak with me freely now. Is there anyone who could help give any information on Cynder? Town seems to be getting really lucky on night actions, or else the Mafia is up to something.

Honestly, the lack of nightkills does make me kinda nervous... Bringing back good memories of ORAS mafia, tho.

tbh up until Nira flipped I was wondering whether we might actually all be town and were supposed to win by figuring that out and coordinating wincons as best as possible. I guess not, but I've got nothing. Might as well see what Cynder has to say.

Alright, hold on, discussion suspended; I've received a Day action but I can't process it properly until I'm home, which will be several hours.

The quiet in Randtopia is suddenly disrupted by the sound of gunshots. Many hurry outside, just about ready to fight off (or with) an entire revolution... but all they find is one dead guy in the street.

Stryke is dead. He was Town.

The Day counter is reset. 72 hours for discussion.

o... kay... ?

Uh. While we're figuring that out/waiting for Cynder to claim, did you get any new results, Keldeo?

Yeahh, this is pretty suspicious. Either we're absurdly lucky or we have some kind of arsonist etc. scenario going on (or I guess, the mafia have some very pro-town win conditions?).

It would be an amusing twist if actually there were no real mafia and Nira was some kind of anomaly, but probably not. I guess no one wants to admit to killing Stryke? I definitely wasn't expecting mafia with daykills to be a thing, but otherwise why would they be so desperate to target Stryke now?

Whoever's giving out rifles ought to claim and say who they've targeted, because that was probably whoever they sent one to last night, and they're probably mafia.

w...what.

also, I coulda SWORN I posted this yesterday....but RIP my win condition! This is gonna sound ultra scummy, because goddamn my luck, but the player I picked to not-lynch is Nira X_X

but on the OTHER hand: my role! I'm a Reluctant Protector, which means if someone gets lynched, I can protect someone from nightkills in the next night phase! I picked Phoenix for....obvious reasons....so that may explain the not-death?

Fine, I guess I'll claim since it might help to clear some things up.

I'm the Gun Pusher. Each night I can send someone either a Gun(TM) or BulletSuit(TM). I can't target someone twice in a row, or give someone a second of either, but if they've used one up I can restock it. My wincon is for a player with a Gun(TM) to killed by another player during the day, by a Gun(TM).
My actions this game has been as follows:
N0: Gun(TM) Shipment to Negrek
N1: Gun(TM) Shipment to Kratos Aurion
N2: BulletSuit(TM) Shipment to Gzhoom—redirected to Flora?
N3: Gun(TM) Shipment to JackPK
N4: BulletSuit(TM) Shipment to Keldeo

So the only people that should have a Gun(TM) are Negrek, Kratos, or JackPK.
Kratos is the only player of the three that isn't confirmed innocent, as far as I remember.

Huh. Well, that explains some things. So, Negrek/Kratos/JackPK, any of you got anything to confess?

I don't know about any redirection on N2, but there must've been some on N1 because I've definitely never received any sort of item.

Zero Moment's story checks out as far as I'm concerned; I did receive a gun on Night 0, which is how I knew that there were some floating around out there and why I think that's what probably killed Stryke. Haven't used mine yet, though.

I can confirm I got a BulletSuit last night. It also arrived having taken damage, which I'm pretty sure means that the mafia tried to target me and that's where the missing nightkill went. This makes me a little more willing to trust that ZM is town, since scum inventor ZM has no reason at all to block his own faction's nightkill of a claimed cop or, even if he didn't know for some reason that I was going to be targeted last night, to give a bulletproof vest to me given my claim.

But more to the point of what to do today, I investigated Cynder as mafia last night. (Maybe I'm not being paranoid enough, but) I don't think that the mafia would both try to kill me and try to mess with my result in the same night, so I'm going to renew that vote unless anyone else has something to say about Cynder. Alternatively, if multiple Guns can be used in the same day, someone with a Gun can shoot Cynder to extend the day since I'm pretty sure at this point that he's mafia, and we can continue to discuss the ZM/Kratos situation.

I'm fine with voting Cynder for now. Kratos should probably claim today, and likely be blocked tonight anyways, unless of course someone wants to shoot them now.

As for the game state, it looks like it'll be about 6:2 Town/Mafia by the morning, at least. Things are looking well.
Actually, as far as I can tell, the only people that are more or less not yet confirmed innocent are Kratos, Butterfree, and Flora. Should be a cinch.

Ignoring the smoking gun by their feet -- what are they going to do, propose gun control? -- the citizens of Randtopia instead begin to notice the suspicious disappearance of proeminent businessman Cynder. Quickly, a party is assembled... to loot his mansion, of course.

The burgl- claimants of property by means of superior fitness do manage to find the missing man after all; by work of some bizarre incident, he seems to have gotten himself tied up and gagged in the deepest chamber of his own basement. The citizens saw, and went right back to lifting as many expensive objects as they could carry, emboldened by the knowledge that their previous owner was powerless to stop them. The more they took, however, the more they started to stumble across disturbing discoveries as to just what the enterpreneur had been up to...

When the mobbed people return to the deepest chamber, carrying a different purpose and different blunt objects, Cynder is just as helpless as before. At least, he somehow appears elated as he's struck down.

Cynder is dead. He was Mafia.

72 hours for night actions.

Businesses thrive as the dead businessman's money is removed from the hoard where it was before and recirculated. Although they might just not thrive for much longer if this "lynching businessmen" deal catches on.

No one was killed.

72 hours for discussion.

...heh. Oh, well. I thought I could have one last moment of fun, but you lot won't even let me have that, will you? :V It's all right; I know when I've been thoroughly outplayed. Well done, town, very well coordinated. Enjoy whatever's left, eh?

(Although for the record, I was being entirely honest when I said I never received any items! Bloody redirector. Ends up getting fingers pointed at me correctly, but for something I didn't actually do!)

Back
Top Bottom