• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Third-Party Party Mafia - Game Thread

Okay so I just tried to shoot Butterfree to switch her alignment, but I guess it got redirected to Negrek? Is there a redirector for Day Actions? Or something about the Gun(TM)s that don't work on her for some reason?

I think maybe we should go ahead and take out Kratos though? But now that Negrek is dead we don't have a gun to do it with unless JackPK got Zero's.

@_@ Maybe any redirections registered last night are still in effect for day actions? That's pretty bastardy though.

Man, the Flora flip is messing with my head. Gzhoom claimed privately to me on the 21st, prior to ZM's claim in the thread, that he had been given a bulletproof vest. But 2 people have said they received vests, and ZM must have given out guns for the other 4 nights: since ZM says his win condition was fulfilled after Gzhoom shot Negrek, we know Negrek didn't use the n0 gun, meaning there must be 4 guns to account for the 3 day kills that have occurred unless mafia have a day kill separate from guns. Also, Negrek or Stryke can't have secretly also been a bulletproof vest giver or something, since Gzhoom himself said to me that no one in the neighborhood had stepped up claiming to be one. So I think what Gzhoom's said doesn't quite add up with ZM's claim.

Gzhoom also claimed that he was actually a masonizer and would target Kratos last night to check their alignment, but he should be dead if he did that without some sort of protection, although I guess Flora or RNP could have healed him. (Apologies if I'm messing up some sort of grand reveal of this tomorrow, but he indicated that he was okay with claiming in-thread a couple days ago and I guess was too busy to do so. See the first word of each sentence in this, this, this, and this for clues he's been leaving.) And though Kratos being a day action redirector or something isn't out of the question, now he's shot Negrek, the only other person with a gun.

Well, Kratos is probably still the way to go today - I'm skeptical about there being an alien-type in this game - but I think we should look more closely at either Gzhoom or ZM tomorrow because their stories seem to contradict each other, even though both their flavor claims seem to match up. We also only have Butterfree's word that she's mafia aligned right now, but with seemingly no more guns in the picture, I think we might end up needing to lynch her anyway? I guess we'll see.

I targeted Kratos and nothing happened, but my vest is now broken. Which means Kratos is Mafia, unless someone redirected or something.

I got one when I opened comms with Stryke, and then I got another after I opened comms with you (idk if that means the first one was ever broken, but I was never notified if it was).

Wait, Gzhoom actually got the BulletSuit(TM) I gave him and let me believe for 3 Days that it had been redirected to Flora? What the fuck, dude?

But 2 people have said they received vests, and ZM must have given out guns for the other 4 nights: since ZM says his win condition was fulfilled after Gzhoom shot Negrek, we know Negrek didn't use the n0 gun, meaning there must be 4 guns to account for the 3 day kills that have occurred unless mafia have a day kill separate from guns.

I've given out 4 Gun(TM)s and 2 BulletSuit(TM)s.

Oh, sorry, Zero. I was hoping Flora would claim that they got the Suit and tip me off that they were Mafia. I forgot to tell you after they died that I got it.

Again, I'm mafia-aligned, but if Kratos is the last actual proper mafia, the game is presumably going to end when we kill Kratos, because I can't nightkill - the mafia'd be helpless.

Again, I would very much prefer if somebody could flip me back to town before that happens. ZM could give somebody else a gun overnight and (assuming Kratos doesn't decide to be a pal and flip me) they could do it tomorrow before we lynch Kratos, if we wait? I'm not going to demand we drag out the game just for my sake (I'm not in any position to make demands), but it would be nice, if anyone else hasn't fulfilled their win condition yet.

(Also backing up that Gzhoom claimed privately to actually function as a Masonizer, i.e. unable to recruit mafia. That's why we've been talking about people in the neighborhood as being confirmed town. That being said, Gzhoom's initial claim to me was actually that he was a Neighborizer, followed up with "Actually, I was lying in the thread, I'm the Creepy Neighbor and I die if I target mafia." I always found that a little weird and suspicious.)

(As for you only having my word for me being mafia-aligned right now... well, it'd be pretty silly of me, if I had this role but were currently town-aligned, to actively ask to be punted over to the obvious losing team.)

Which Night did you get flipped, Butterfree?

Also, for those of you that received them, did the PM actually name the items as Gun(TM) and BulletSuit(TM)? Cause that's what they're called in my Role PM, but I don't know if MF followed through with the flavortext.

Yeah, the PM named the product.

Oh, sorry, Zero. I was hoping Flora would claim that they got the Suit and tip me off that they were Mafia. I forgot to tell you after they died that I got it.

But Flora is town, and she said she received a vest days before ZM claimed. Why would she say she got a vest if she didn't know there was someone giving them out, and ZM didn't even target her that night? If I'm understanding this right, you're claiming to have received vests on the same nights that two people, one of whom is flipped town, also said they received vests. I guess this could be mechanically explainable but it still seems kind of fishy.

Butterfree said:
Again, I'm mafia-aligned, but if Kratos is the last actual proper mafia, the game is presumably going to end when we kill Kratos, because I can't nightkill - the mafia'd be helpless.
I don't think the game will end once we kill Kratos because you will be mafia-aligned and still alive, which means the town factional win condition won't be fulfilled unless you don't count as a mafia-aligned player for some reason. But I think what to do to flip you back tomorrow is still pretty similar? ZM can give someone he thinks is town a gun tonight, that person can shoot you, and the game will end if there are no more mafia alive. If there's still mafia alive, we have the rest of that day to figure out who.

But Flora is town, and she said she received a vest days before ZM claimed. Why would she say she got a vest if she didn't know there was someone giving them out, and ZM didn't even target her that night? If I'm understanding this right, you're claiming to have received vests on the same nights that two people, one of whom is flipped town, also said they received vests. I guess this could be mechanically explainable but it still seems kind of fishy.

What I meant was that I saw ZM’s post about thinking that my vest had been redirected to Flora, and instead of confirming that I got it, I was waiting for Flora to respond to see if she claimed to have gotten a vest that night, at which point I’d know she was scummy.

Right, but I got a vest N2, so I knew that what Flora was saying was true. I was waiting to see if someone else would try to corroborate that, or if Flora would say anything else that would dig them into a deeper lie-hole. But Flora ended up dying anyway and I forgot to tell ZM afterward that I had gotten the vest N2.

"Please, kill me." A tired voice cries out from a high balcony. "Please, kill me."

A gunshot rings out, and someone is dead -- but not the person who is crying out.

"I've done terrible things." The energy in the voice continues to grow lower. "I've betrayed everything that Randtopia stands for." Nothing. "I did some murders! You know, steal from a thief, right..." More gunshots, still nothing.

"Oh, for crying out loud! Will you all please stop killing yourselves and start killing me?!"

Finally, the thorougly frustrated Kratos Aurion leaps from the balcony... and safely lands into the arms of a crowd.

"Fuck's sake, man."

And those were their last words before the arms of the crowd grew less merciful.

Kratos Aurion is dead. They were mafia.

72 hours for night actions.

Back
Top Bottom