• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Black2/White2 OU RMT

Maddy

In utero
The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie
Or in other words, another one of them rain teams.This also happens to be my first competitive team which uses dream world Pokemon.

Politoed
Leftovers
Bold
252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Spe
Scald
Protect
Perish Song
Toxic
Standard defensive set. All it has to do is stay alive and keep the rain going.

Rotom-water
Leftovers
Calm
248 HP/ 28 SpA/ 232 SpDef
Volt Switch
Hydropump
Will O Wisp
Pain Split
One of my favorite Pokemon, as evident from my avatar. Bulky attacker and also the 'volt' in 'VoltTurn'.

Scizor
Choice Band
Adamant
248 HP/ 252 Atk/ 8SpD
U-Turn
Bullet Punch
Superpower
Pursuit
This guy is pretty awesome in the rain since it doesn't fear fire type attacks as much an can take care of those pesky grass types. Also the other end of the VoltTurn spectrum in the team.

Tentacruel
Black Sludge
Bold
252 HP/ 236 Def/ 20 Spe
Scald
Toxic Spikes
Rapid Spin
Protect
Bulky water, Entry Hazard and Rapid Spin support, all in one neat little package that also heals 12.5% of HP every turn under the rain.

Slowbro
Leftovers
Bold
252 HP/ 248 Def/ 8 SpA
Scald
Psyshock
Ice Beam
Slack off
Physical tank and another one of my personal favorites. Some might suggest flamethrower instead of Psyshock but flame isn't really gonna do much under the rain and I already have volcarona to take care of that. Psyshock gets stab and helps me deal with those mean, horrible fighting types. I picked Psyshock over psychic because, Scizor being my only physical attacker, the rest of my team would be walled by the fat pink jerk. Ice beam is my best, albeit shaky, solution to Dragons.

Volcarona
Life Orb
Timid
252 SpA/ 4 SpD/ 252 Spe
Fire Blast
Bug Buzz
Hurricane
Quiver Dance
Hurricane is 100% accurate with rain in play and Fire Blast is devastating in a weather war with a sun team.

And that's about it. Any sort of suggestions are welcome.

I'd ditch Volcarona for Tornadus, but then again it could go either way really.

Volccarona gets Flame Body, which can shut down plenty of sweepers. Volcarona also gets Hurricane.

Tornadus gets Taunt + Prankster.

What exactly are their Abilities?

Oops. Completely forgot to mention those.
Politoed - Drizzle
Rotom - Levitate
Scizor - Technician
Slowbro - Regenerator
Tentacruel - Rain Dish
Volcarona - Flame Body

Tornadus can be a real troll with prankster but volcarona does a better job beating the likes of Scizor, Latias, Celebi, Jirachi and Ferrothorn which can be a real pain. It also helps beat opposing sun teams.

What exactly are their Abilities?

Oops. Completely forgot to mention those.
Politoed - Drizzle
Rotom - Levitate
Scizor - Technician
Slowbro - Regenerator
Tentacruel - Rain Dish
Volcarona - Flame Body

Tornadus can be a real troll with prankster but volcarona does a better job beating the likes of Scizor, Latias, Celebi, Jirachi and Ferrothorn which can be a real pain. It also helps beat opposing sun teams.

I also need a better solution in dealing with dragon types so any recommendations regarding that will be appreciated. I was thinking of changing my Rotom to a TrickScarf set that also has HP ice in order to take care of that so let me know if it's a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom