• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Asber Biodiversity Initiative

Negrek

busy dizzy lazy
Staff member
The Asber Biodiversity Initiative

Although Asber's league is still relatively young, its enterprising trainers have explored the region far and wide, capturing a huge diversity of pokemon and greatly increasing our knowledge of this most unusual region's ecology. Despite their best efforts, however, there still remain many pokemon that have never even been caught by a member of our league, much less actually used in battle. This is particularly true of fully-evolved pokemon, which require a great deal of effort to train and care for, with many trainers gravitating towards a few popular or easy-to-raise species. In fact,there are currently 137 evolutionary families with absolutely no representatives of their final form in the league. How is it that there are thirty-two trained luvdisc in Asber, where not even one majestic charizard soars? Not a single florges blooms? Not even one wobbuffet honestly just kind of annoys the crap out of people? Why not share the luv with some of these powerful but underrepresented pokemon?

The Asber Biodiversity Initiative aims to encourage the league's trainers to go forth and discover new pokemon, train team members who might otherwise have been neglected, and learn more about the pokemon world by interacting with a wide variety of species. In addition to personal growth, increasing the diversity of fully-evolved pokemon will help our very own Professor Linden (remember her?) study how these rare and powerful pokemon interact with Asber's native populations.

What's in it for you? Anytime a pokemon you own that belongs to one of the evolutionary families listed below earns experience from a battle or contest, you may post a link to the battle or contest in question to claim $10. If you evolve a pokemon belonging to one of the evolutionary families below, link to its page on the db to claim $30. And if that evolution is the final one, meaning that you're the first trainer in the league ever to obtain the last stage of that line, you will also be immortalized in the Asber Biodiversity Initiative's hall of fame, thus giving you eternal bragging rights as the first owner of that species.

So go forth and train, trainers! And while you do, pay some special attention to pokemon belonging to one of the following evolutionary lines:

Families of Greatest Interest

Kanto (22)

Charizard
Blastoise
Fearow
Raichu
Vileplume
Parasect
Venomoth
Poliwrath
Machamp
Victreebel
Golem
Slowbro
Dodrio
Dewgong
Muk
Hitmonlee
Hitmonchan
Weezing
Seaking
Omastar
Kabutops
Dragonite

Johto (11)

Ledian
Ariados
Bellossom
Sudowoodo
Wobbuffet
Granbull
Magcargo
Mantine
Donphan
Hitmontop
Blissey

Hoenn (16)

Swampert
Ludicolo
Shiftry
Slaking
Exploud
Hariyama
Delcatty
Camerupt
Cacturne
Crawdaunt
Claydol
Armaldo
Glalie
Walrein
Huntail
Gorebyss

Sinnoh (14)

Infernape
Staraptor
Bastiodon
Roserade
Cherrim
Ambipom
Purugly
Lumineon
Abomasnow
Magnezone
Lickilicky
Rhyperior
Tangrowth
Magmortar

Unova (26)

Serperior
Emboar
Stoutland
Liepard
Simisear
Unfezant
Zebstrika
Gigalith
Seismitoad
Leavanny
Darmanitan
Crustle
Cofagrigus
Carracosta
Garbodor
Gothitelle
Swanna
Vanilluxe
Karrablast
Amoonguss
Klinklang
Chandelure
Mienshao
Golurk
Mandibuzz
Hydreigon

Kalos (15)

Chesnaught
Delphox
Diggersby
Talonflame
Florges
Gogoat
Aegislash
Aromatisse
Malamar
Barbaracle
Dragalge
Clawitzer
Sylveon
Heliolisk
Avalugg

Alola (28)

Decidueye
Incineroar
Primarina
Toucannon
Gumshoos
Alolan Raticate
Vikavolt
Alolan Muk
Crabominable
Alolan Dugtrio
Ribombee
Lycanroc
Toxapex
Mudsdale
Araquanid
Lurantis
Shiinotic
Salazzle
Bewear
Tsareena
Golisopod
Palossand
Alolan Golem
Alolan Ninetales
Alolan Exeggutor
Kommo-o

Hall of Fame

sandslash obtained by sanderidge 1/22/2017
mothim obtained by Keldeo 3/6/2017
probopass obtained by Stryke 1/2/2018
sandslash-alola obtained by sanderidge 1/4/2018
raichu-alola obtained by Keldeo 1/7/2018

Last edited:
I'll join in, too.

Typhlosion
Nope

Gallade
Not on the list

Huh...

Ariados
ariados
Why not?

Last edited:
I gave up on patience and used the rare candy I had in my bag. sandslash please put me in the hall of fame

Awesome! Congrats on being first of the firsts.

Just as a note to anybody else who'd like to participate, I'm funding this out of my own money, so I'll gift you the cash rather than having you make a bank transaction for it.

Back
Top Bottom