• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Drawsborough

Arylett Charnoa

Barely existent.
Pronoun
Welcome to the return of....

DrawsboroughBanner2-2.jpg

So now, here, take a look at my horrid drawings!

A1: Pidgeot using Sky Attack

A2: Turtwig using Leaf Storm

A3: Buizel using Aqua Jet

A4: Espeon using Psybeam

A5: Umbreon using Moonlight

A6: Flareon using Quick Attack

A7: Vaporeon using Aurora Beam

A8: Jolteon using Pin Missile

A9: Glaceon using Water Pulse

A10: Leafeon using Leaf Blade

A11: Eevee using Shadow Ball

A12: Dragonair using Dragonbreath

The great big Eeveelutions picture

Q1: Luvdisc using Attract on a Shiny Luvdisc

Personality Chart Onix

Arylett the Poochyena (called Aryena for short), my Pokésona.

A quickly done (and very bad) sketch of Atnura the Mightyena, a character I use in RPs.

Look, a human! Who is this person? Why, it's me if I were in an RP! Me and my seemingly random titles, hmm?

Trinity Flame. Some crappily drawn character from a crappily written story of mine.

Note: "Creations" is a name I give to a series of very random (I drew most of these without thought, I just let the mechinical pencil guide me.) monsters. There are 55 of them (or there were originally 55, I'm currently adding new ones) and I drew them last year at school when I was bored in a notebook. In other words, they're old.

Creation 4. Ragoné, a dragon/bird thing.

Creation 10. Anheria, angel-dog thing.

Creation 11. Devipent, demon serpent/dragon thing.

Creation 12. Gliseth, some random fish thing.

Creation 17. Shellpent, a snake with a shell.

Creation 20. Leaf Dancer. A leafy fishy/insecty thingie.

Creation 30. Drafle, I don't even know what this is supposed to be. Dinosaur bird?

Creation 33. Zarion Male, a lion with three tails.

Creation 35. Sineer, my attempt at something insect-like.

Creation 36. Ember Vale (pronounced Ember Veil), it's a creature made of fire covered in armor.

Creation 37. Vyaur, a leafy dinosaur thing.

Creation 40. Valésaur (pronounced, unlike Ember Vale, Va-lay-saur), weird aquatic dinosaur thing.

Creation 41. Forcotl, a bird thing.

Creation 48. Kafavia, a canine bird combination.

Creation 48. Erflaze, a dog thing with a horn.

In Colour and Revised:

C5 Ragoné Revised.

C10 Anheria Revised.

C11 Devipent Revised.

C12 Gliseth Revised.

C17 Shellpent Revised.

C30 Drafle Revised.

C48 Kafavia Revised.

C49 Erfie (Erflaze) Revised.

C33 Zarion Male Revised.

C33 Zarion Female.

C35 Sineer Revised.

C57 Curly Tailed Bird Male, a newly added Creation. At first, it wasn't a Creation, but I decided to make it into one in the end.

C57 Curly Tailed Bird Female.

[Digimon] BlackGabumon.

[Tales of Symphonia] Corrine in some random forrest.

[Tales of Symphonia] Raine riding Noishe

A weird still life.

A sketch of a foot in three different poses.

A sketch of cans.

A sketch of my shoes.

Toppers' Four. They're the four main characters of a book called A Long Way Down. Basically, it's about these four people who try to commit suicide by jumping off a roof and all meet each other there. Happy, hmm?

Another one from some obscure book, this one called The Perks of Being a Wallflower. It's the main character, Charlie kissing his Sam, one of his friends.

Regarding requests: Yes, I am taking them. You can ask me to draw anything as long as it isn't particularly complicated. I also do banners and avatars too~ Just give credit and it should be all right.

Last edited:
Woo, your art thread is back~

Some of this stuff I haven't seen before, either because I missed it or it's new, I... can't remember. D: But I think my favorites are the BlackGabumon (people don't seem to draw Digimon very often, which is sad because there are so many cool-looking ones~) and the, um, Trinity Flame one? Especially the fire-y background in it.

Aww, I've missed your thread. I just had much fun looking at some of my old favourites... and I love your shiny new banner~

(You forgot this one, though :D)

Oh, but Dannichu dear, I didn't forget it! In fact, I'm going to redraw it, ahaha, I'm sure you'll be happy to hear that! And thank you, you're so sweet~

Well, Mhals, you're in luck! Because I'm going to draw BlackGabumon's digivolutions (Already got BlackGarurumon drawn, just needs colour) and a few other Digimon. (You must've missed them, because everything posted is old except for the banner and that Atnura sketch) Thaaank you. :D

:D :D :D
Oh it makes me want to draw some Digimon, I remember I loved those shows when I was little~ I should try to find them on Youtube or something for old time's sake, but I'm getting off topic, uh... Yay more Digimon! I always loved the designs for Gabumon and its Digivolutions, too, I imagine BlackGabumon's are similar?

Ehehe I'm excited. And I think I need to go draw Renamon's... uh, second evolution now. She was always my favorite. 8D

Oh heck yes, you've brought Drawsborough back! :D

I like the banner. It's pretty. Is the Poochyena your Pokésona or something? It looks cool. :3 The personality chart Onix is a neat idea, and I like how you've drawn the Onix. The shading on it is very good.

I adore the Luvdisc drawing. The colours you've used for both of the Luvdisc are lovely, and the way you've drawn them is just awesome.

Wow, the Umbreon is beautiful. I hope you're proud of that picture. :3 You should be. The Jolteon's really good, too.

Your Creations (you capitalise it, right?) are so cool. Their names are wonderful, and the Creations themselves are really pretty. Katavia looks neat, Shellpent's pose is cool and I like the colours you've used for, well, all of them.

Your sketched avatars are pretty, and you seem to be good at drawing you.

Flazeah~ :D

Yep, the Poochyena is my pokesona. Hee hee, thank you. And I actually did the Onix for an assignment at school, it was one of those "getting to know each other" things in class. (I admit, I'm a bit proud of Umbreon)

And I do capitalize Creations. (It's like how you capitalize Pokemon.) I'm glad you like them. (Eek, I'm sorry, it's hard to see the "f" in Kafavia, my scanner cropped part of it off. It's spelled Kafavia. Its name comes from cafe spelled with a "k" because it's sort of coffee-coloured plus "avia" as in "avian", for its wings and talons.) And I'm also glad you like the names! Most of them aren't as well thought out as Kafavia. XD

I'm good at drawing myself, you say? Thank you, that's good to know. :D

Mhals, BlackGabumon and its digivolutions are basically exactly the same as normal Gabumon except for being a different colour. You're going to draw Renamon's second digivolution? Oh my gosh, that'd be so awesome! ^^ Ah, makes me want to draw Renamon now.

If you're bored/can't think of anything else to draw, you should definitely draw Renamon because she is so cool. 8D

And I do capitalize Creations. (It's like how you capitalize Pokemon.) I'm glad you like them. (Eek, I'm sorry, it's hard to see the "f" in Kafavia, my scanner cropped part of it off. It's spelled Kafavia. Its name comes from cafe spelled with a "k" because it's sort of coffee-coloured plus "avia" as in "avian", for its wings and talons.) And I'm also glad you like the names! Most of them aren't as well thought out as Kafavia. XD

Oh, damn, I suck at telling the difference between tees and effs. (I'm putting that because I'm not sure whether you're meant to put an apostrophe in between the t or the f and the s. :D;) Or maybe it was because it was 11:55 PM or something, but I dunno. ^^; Kafavia. Hehe. Got it. Ooh, I like how you made up that name. It really suits it.

It's baaaack~ And I've been discovered in my lurking, so I guess I'll stop being lazy and say something. :3

This is a random picture to begin on, but I love that "Arkra de Atnura" thing; it's just pretty and swirly and the colouring's great and ahhh~ I just love to look at it in it's swirlyness. Must've taken you ages to colour the background in, too (or it looks like you did - it could be on black paper, I guess, but it doesn't look like it *peers*). I like the way you draw attacks on the pokemon pictures, too - it's a more original approach and they're pretty cool. I like the Aurora Beam, Quick Attack and Swords Dance the best.

Now to my favorites~ The Creations. They're very, well, creative. xD They all have really interesting designs and the colours you've used on the the revised ones are great - they're never coloured how I expect them to be, which is cool. Personal favourites are Gliseth (looks like he's about to electrocute something, if you ask me), Ember Vale (intricate is awesome) and Drafle (...because the shelled snake idea is cool). Devipent is really well coloured in but it gives me the creeps. >>;

Yay, drawing more Digimon :D I don't suppose there's a BlackWereGarurumon...? *hopeful expression* Okay, you don't have to, but it's a suggestion.

It's okay, Flazeah, it's an easy mistake, like I said, the scanner sort of cropped off the top of the "f" and made it look like a "t". Thank you. ^^

Aaah, Kinova, Arkra de Atnura was THE MOST AGONIZING thing I've ever had to colour. I did indeed colour the whole thing and during that time, the coloured pencil was shrinking smaller and smaller and then it was really tiny and hard to hold, but I still kept colouring. And as proof that I didn't do it on black paper, here's Arkra de Atnura, the background uncoloured and white:

Arkra de Atnura.

I scanned it before I coloured in the black, so I could have one in both colours.

Creative, ahaha. XD What I was thinking when I coloured Gliseth was that it had energy running through its veins, instead of blood. Yeah, it's a energy fish. Ember Vale is intricate because that one day I drew it, I was extremely bored, but I didn't want to turn the page of my notebook and start on a new Creation, so I just kept adding details and details to it. Hee hee, thank you~

Yes, there is a BlackWereGarurumon! I think it's called ShadowWereGarurumon, actually, I'm not sure. Ah, but I was already working on BlackGabumon's digivolution line, so I'll probably have BlackGarurumon and ShadowWereGarurumon up later on, you'll be happy to hear. And then Renamon, because Mhals gave me a sudden urge to draw her. :D

Last edited:
Hey guys, I'm sure you'll be happy to know that I've got some new art to show you. :D

First, I FINALLY did another Pokemon attack picture. I quite like it actually:

A12: Dragonair using Dragonbreath

And... hee hee, Mhals, I did another Digimon! BlackGarurumon, next up is ShadowWereGarurumon. It's a little meh, in my opinion. For some reason, I found BlackGarurumon hell to draw. I drew it like three times before I was half-way satisfied:

BlackGarurumon.

There you go, guys! As I used to say, enjoy! :D (And I REALLY should go to bed now, it is 5 AM in the morning. )

Last edited:
D'aww, that Dragonair is so cute. I've always loved Dragonair. I especially like her ear-wing-things (or whatever they're supposed to be) and the glowy beady-thingies on the neck and tail.

And I love the shading on Black Garurumon (I don't know many Digimon, but Garurumon was one of my favourites) and the twirly tail~

I can't be bothered to comment on all of your previous artwork at this time, so I hope you don't mind if I just comment on the recent pictures for this post anyways. Ehh, sorry, I've been extremely lazy about commenting. ;;

The vividness of the amazing colours you've given Dragonair are simply wonderous. I adore the light radiating from Dragonair's orbs and Dragonbreath, though light from these have a few slight errors of commoness when shading: the orbs, as well as the wonderous Dragonbreathe, are radiating colour light, which give a blue and green, respectively, hue to whatever to touches, which in this case would be Dragonair ( Huzzah, this reminds me of the awesome flashlight in Yotsuba&!). In addition, the light will also brighten the area around it. I really like how you've done the orbs' glow, though; it gives Dragonair a regal aura. The head of Dragonair is sort of flat at the point where the muzzle and head meet, though it does give Dragonair a more serpentine look. Oh, the feather-ears are marvelous, and slightly intimidating. The eyes are lovely as well.

Huzzah, it an awesome recolouration of Garurumon. I've always been fond of him, and this just increased my adoration of him~ The frontal limbs looks awkward, maybe try looking at your pet canine (if you have one), or refence photos to get a general idea of the atanomy. I adore the searching expression Garurumon has; it really gives emotion to this piece. Oh, the tail is drawn wonderously :D

Thank you, Danni~ Hee hee, twirly tail.

Wow, what a detailed comment. <3

Lemme see if I got this right, you're saying Dragonair's whole body should be glowing, yes? Because of the light given off by the Dragonbreath/orbs? And that the surrounding area should be brighter? Hmm, yes, I never thought of that! I'll certainly remember that in the future. I do prefer to draw Dragonair more snake-like though, so that's why I made the head flat. (On a side note, I made the orbs glow because I thought that perhaps whenever Dragonair prepared an attack, it would gather energy in its orbs.)

I am glad that you found Dragonair to have a regal aura, though, I was going for something like that.

I always do have trouble with dog paws/limbs and I especially had trouble with Garurumon's. (Like I said, for some reason, I found it very difficult to draw.) That's something I'll have to work on, yes. By looking at my dog's legs.

Thaaank you, Spoony. :D

Oh, not the entirity of Dragonair's body, but moreso if you'd shine a flashlight where the light of orbs and Dragonbreath reach. It'd actually be best to compare the light properties to fire.

Not a problem, and shading is a difficult thing to grasp, especially when you have more than one light source.

Finished it! I do hope you like it:

Zangi the Zangoose.

And um, so yeah guys, remember when I said that I drew BlackGarurumon like three times before I was half-way satisfied? Well, here's one of the failed attempts:

Garurumon Failed Attempt.

Actually, now that I look at it again, maybe it isn't so bad... Hmm, I might salvage it into normal Garurumon, actually.

Last edited:
D'aww, the Zangoose is adorable~ I love her unimpressed espression, and the angle/pose you drew her in, it's great.

I don't see what's so bad about the Garurumon picture... my only suggestsion would be to make the fornt paws look more like they're bearing weight by having them flatter against the ground, but the details, especially on the face, look really nice :3

Back
Top Bottom