• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Lord of the Fireflies vs. SomeGuy

2 vs 2 doubles
Style: Set
DQ: Standard week
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: Fly, Weather, Direct Healings, OHKOs, chills limited to 3/pokémon
Arena: The Coal Mine

The Coal mine is pretty gigantic, actually. Ran by the Ground gym leader of Unova (fuck whats his name) and connected by various rail tracks and bridges and holes in the walls, it converges to the very center of it where a large arena fine for battling lies. Lighten up by weak lanterns from the vault, the arena itself can contain pretty big battlers, however pokémon in need of water to survive won't be able to battle, as there is no water sources nearby (with the exception of small puddles).

Effects: Since the cave is quite dark, the move Flash have a 25% chance of lowering accuracy two stages instead of one, and moves using great amount of light will have double the chances of their effect kicking in. As only small puddles are at the disposition of the battlers, moves needing a water source (Surf, Muddy Water, etc) will have their base power quartered. Finally, if a pokémon uses a fire move exceeding 80 in power or that is widespread (read: Lava Plume), the workers will panic and hit the pokémon with rocks and shards and pickaxes, dealing 3% ground-type damage, 5% rock-type damage and 7% steel-type damage.

EDIT: Pokémon are sent via PM.

Round Five

Lord of the Fireflies (OO)

Sentret @Expert Belt
Liam Townsborough (M) <Keen Eye>
Health: 68%
Energy: 42% | Chills: 0/3
Status: Wanting to get the battle over with. Me First forgotten. Focused (one more round). Frozen (moderate). +1 Attack, +1 Sp. Atk, +2 Sp. Def.
Commands: Spore/Snatch ~ Spore/Snatch/Seed Bomb ~ Spore/Snatch/Seed Bomb

Shroomish @Big Root
Mars (M) <Poison Heal>
Health: 55%
Energy: 68% | Chills: 1/3
Status: Panicked and struggling. +2 Attack, -2 Defense. Frozen (strong).
Commands: Water Pulse/Sub (10%)/Mud-Slap ~ Water Pulse/Sub (10%)/Mud-Slap ~ Water Pulse/Sub (10%)/Mud-Slap

SomeGuy (xO)

Shieldon
Tank (M) <Sturdy>
Health: 22%
Energy: 41% | Chills: 0/3
Status: Though weakening, laughing at his frozen opponents. Leech seeded (1%/action). +2 Defense.
Commands: Double-Edge ~ Double-Edge ~ Double-Edge

Panicking, Mars let out a mushroom’s most basic form of defense: a cloud of incapacitating spores. Though primitive, the attack was undeniably effective. Tank vaguely remembered the strange shimmering of air and the deep, unnatural slumber that followed, but by the time he realized the danger it was far too late. The snooze-inducing powder had already been inhaled, and mere moments later, the fossil was fast asleep.

Meanwhile, Liam had been twisting around awkwardly to huff at the ice encasing his tail, hoping that his hot breath would melt it. Unfortunately, the ice was too thick for his breath to make much of a difference. Grumbling, the Sentret turned around and drew water from unknown reserves in his body, then let out the torrent with another high-pitched scream. This time, Tank was visibly affected by the attack. Perhaps the cold liquid had struck a particularly sensitive patch of skin, or the shriek had pierced deep into his ears. Either way, the Shieldon rolled over in his sleep with a groan, then began to pant, as if holding onto the last shred of his consciousness was an enormous effort.

Mars soon ended Tank’s struggles. With a small sound of effort, a large lump of grey-brown objects, haphazardly clumped together, was expelled from the mushroom’s top to arc gracefully in the air and hit Tank on the side. The objects turned out to be seeds, as the moment they made contact with the prehistoric Pokemon, there was an explosion of growth, leaves and roots and vines sprouting every which way. The force of the grass-imbued blast was too much for the weary Tank, and with a last sigh he grew limp.

Lord of the Fireflies (OO)

Sentret @Expert Belt
Liam Townsborough (M) <Keen Eye>
Health: 68%
Energy: 37% | Chills: 0/3

Shroomish @Big Root
Mars (M) <Poison Heal>
Health: 56%
Energy: 59% | Chills: 1/3

SomeGuy (xx)

Shieldon
Tank (M) <Sturdy>
Health: 0%
Energy: 41% | Chills: 0/3

Lord of the Fireflies quickly withdrew his Pokemon, not wanting them to suffer permanent damage from the effects of the ice. Mars in particular seemed distressed – he’d have to make sure his feet weren’t withered beyond use. Meanwhile, Star69 recalled his own Pokemon, congratulating him for his valiant efforts and, in particular, his ability to bargain with the icy RNG gods.

The battlers shook hands, then Lord of the Fireflies departed hastily, claiming he had some concert or other to attend. The referee protested, but he’d already disappeared into the tunnel the three had entered from. The dragon shrugged; if Lord of the Fireflies wanted to ride that rickety cart back to the surface, that was his problem. With a click of ninjatoes, a league-owned Abra appeared in a cloud of distortion. The referee and Star69 were then quickly teleported back to ASB Central.

The battle is over and Lord of the Fireflies is the winner. He gets $16 for winning. Both Liam and Mars get 3 EXP.
Star69 gets $6 and both Hellcloud and Tank get 1 EXP.
I get $10 for reffing.
Good game you guys, even though it got a bit haxxy near the end, what with the freezing and crits flying everywhere.

Hm. Well, I don't suppose I should've expected to win against an award winner.

Now buy me a gift with that prize money!

Back
Top Bottom