• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Bastard Mafia

As tempting as that sounds, we also could sniff the butts of pups who've already been sniffed (and announced as so in the thread) and see if things change?

boudreaux-chihuahua.jpg

Unfortunately, I have nothing to add as I just saw this yesterday. I also regret not knowing what bastard mafia was BEFORE I joined. I don't suppose we can sniff ourselves? I (also) don't suppose we're all innocent?
kV117C9.jpg

I'm sorry, are you saying you aren't curious about JackPK's butt?

In that case, perhaps we should all sniff MF's butt instead... after all, he is apparently unable to sniff butts himself! This cannot bode well...

@MF:

tumblr_nsukdnwcJZ1s4v2w5o1_1280.jpg

I'm a bit late to the discussion, but I "inspected" Flora and found her to be fluffy.

I'm not sure what kind of rules this bastard game has, if any, so I'm down for targeting the GM tonight if that's the plan. Let's all get some good rest.

tumblr_inline_nntbfv5AhZ1qb0jas_540.jpg

Vote totals: 1 for JackPK

I play dead!

b82bs3.gif

Altissimo gets a warning for not posting during the day phase.

48 hours for night actions.

mJIdO5N.jpg

You guys were mean to try to kill me yesterday. Maybe if I look at you with these big, sweet eyes, you'll be nicer.

Nobody died.
48 hours for day phase discussion.

Indeed, the GM has allowed me to sniff His butt! Clearly He is one of spectacular taste in wit, for it revealed that He is indubitably amused.

I am not sure why I thought this was a good idea.

(can't post puppies, on mobile; pls forgive)

I too sniffed the butt of JackPK, and got the result that he was amused. Not sure what I expected.

(I'm also on mobile don't kill me for not puppy posting)

No deaths again, almost all players active in the day (which is, you know, less common than being active in the night), can only mean one of four things: a) we are very lucky; b) we are very screwed in the coming future; c) weird setup shit means we don't have a scumfaction that has or needs a nightkill, or a scumfaction at all; d) the mafia is inactive, so they must be Altissimo or missing the deadlines hardcore.

Also, "can't post dog bc on mobile" people, you have no excuse anymore.
b27b78782bffa8d7f89a6243d653548a.jpg

I am mobile doge, and Zapi is Tiny.
This is very true! I am quite tiny!

jemma-chihuahua.jpg

(Actually, this makes me wonder if our adjectives are supposed to be related to our dog breeds? Because the doge I am is quite famous for being tiny. Based on that and the images I've been using, you can probably guess!)

As for myself, I have learned that Metallica Fanboy is indubitably young, scrappy and hungry.

why am i the only one not receiving info on others

dog-how-to-select-your-new-best-friend-thinkstock99062463.jpg

and i also didnt get a caveat about having to post dog pictures but w/e here

(Actually, this makes me wonder if our adjectives are supposed to be related to our dog breeds? Because the doge I am is quite famous for being tiny. Based on that and the images I've been using, you can probably guess!)

As for myself, I have learned that Metallica Fanboy is indubitably young, scrappy and hungry.
If it's a breed descriptor, it doesn't seem... very useful at all; the breeds don't necessarily follow from the descriptors all that intuitively, and even when they do, it doesn't really say a ton about what kind of role the player might have.

It could directly have something to do with the role, though -- "scrappy" does kind of describe the kind of power I got.

Speaking of scrappy, this counts as a dog picture, even if the reaction it'll get out of people is likely vastly different from all the others so far.
Scrappy-doo.png

1405106713345B029HH_12670801101197_Beagle.jpg

So I sniffed Eifie last night just to check whether I would get the same result. And I was indeed told that she is indubitably Resolute. That combined with you two for JackPK getting the same answer and I think we can probably confirm that our sniffing results are not subjective.

tumblr_njvtoi8tv41qarjnpo4_500.jpg

I have no idea why I'd be resolute, still. I'm a bulldog, if I didn't mention that before? idk. Zapi, are you a Chihuahua? :o

Zapi, are you a Chihuahua? :o

Yep! But I guess it's just a coincidence that my adjective fits my dog breed so well.

graphicphoto-a-cute-chihuahua-with-his-tongue-hanging-out.jpg

I'm going to make a list of the descriptors we've found for convenience:

• JackPK - amused; sniffed by Eifie & Vipera Magnifica
  • Vipera Magnifica - quirky; sniffed by Eifie
  • Zero Moment
  • Metallica Fanboy - scrappy; sniffed by Zapi
  • Flora - fluffy; sniffed by Vipera Magnifica
  • Altissimo - sleepy; sniffed by Superbird
  • Zapi - tiny; sniffed by Zero Moment
  • Eifie - resolute; sniffed by Zapi & Superbird
  • Superbird - enthusiastic; sniffed by Zero Moment
  • Shadow11615

We appear to have five inspectors (myself, Eifie, VM, Superbird, and ZM), and two players who have not been sniffed yet; I suggest we should at least make sure to find out the descriptors for the remaining two players tonight, assuming we all survive. I was planning on sniffing Shadow, so.

Also, Shadow and Flora are the only two who have not made any claims as to whether or not they are also inspectors (iirc?), so I would very much like to hear from them about this! You don't have to roleclaim specifically, just tell us whether or not you are butt-sniff-inspectors.

So, I have a few opposing theories about the nature of this game. This is a bastard game, so any of them could be true:

1. The mafia are separate from all the inspectors, but have just failed to make a kill both nights.
2. Every player is an inspector, though by inspecting a player they are unknowingly performing another action, such as healing, roleblocking, or killing. The mafia do not know they are mafia.
3. There is no mafia faction. JackPK just created this game so we could all have a puppy posting party.

Samoyed-3.jpg

I am, and as my post earlier said (not clearly though) that I only saw this after the first day phase started. I indeed am a inspector, and I too went for JackPK and found indubitably amused. I don't suppose he's laughing at us? I'm inclined to believe Vp's third theory. I suggest that we have each person sniff a designated person and see if it changes from night to night, so we don't accidentally sniff the same person on the same night. As for my dog, it was the first image I posted.
scaletowidth

I am, and as my post earlier said (not clearly though) that I only saw this after the first day phase started. I indeed am a inspector, and I too went for JackPK and found indubitably amused. I don't suppose he's laughing at us? I'm inclined to believe Vp's third theory. I suggest that we have each person sniff a designated person and see if it changes from night to night, so we don't accidentally sniff the same person on the same night. As for my dog, it was the first image I posted.
scaletowidth

It doesn't. Zapi and I targetted Eifie on different nights and got the same result, and several people targetted JackPK on the same night and also got the same result.

Back
Top Bottom