• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Browser Freeze Problem

Negrek

busy dizzy lazy
Staff member
Is anybody else having difficulty accessing the first page of the ASB bank thread? For the past couple of days I haven't been able to get to it because my browser freezes when I attempt to access it. Given that the bank records are all in the first post, this is kind of not cool.

All the more recent pages load just fine; it's just the first that's causing hangups for me.

Hm, no. I haven't, and judging by the last edit time it looks like Kusari hasn't, either. Have you tried it in different browsers?

Yeah, it works in IE. I'd rather not have to open up an entirely different browser whenever I want to do something to the records, though. =/

Edit: Well, it loads the first post, anyway. After rock-ground's post it stops loading.

Edit-edit: It also works with signatures turned off. Don't tell me somebody on that page has some ridiculous flash crap in their sig...

I thought it might be something like that, but I don't see anything odd other than nanobars. And that shouldn't affect just the first page, but every page in ASB with one... it shouldn't affect anything, really, so that can't be it.

I mean, maybe there's something else there that I'm not seeing because I've adblocked it.

It appears likely to be something signature-related, because when I turn off signatures it's fine, but if I turn them back on and then refresh the thread the browser locks up. Looking at the code for the signatures on that page doesn't reveal anything obvious (unless there's an unclosed tag somewhere that's making FF flip out), and since I can't disable only select ones to test, it looks like I'll be browsing with signatures off for a while. =/

It works for me, in Firefox and with signatures on. Maybe if it was a sig thing, someone took out what was causing the problem. Does it work for you now?

some ridiculous flash crap in their sig
D: Blue Badger and Red Edgey have never messed up a page, to my knowledge. I'd remove them if they did. Not that I'm on that page anyway, but eh...

Back
Top Bottom