• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Sexuality

Sexuality?

• I am heterosexual.

Votes: 99 44.8%
  • I am homosexual.

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • I am bisexual.

Votes: 42 19.0%
  • I am pansexual.

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • I am asexual.

Votes: 15 6.8%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 33 14.9%

• Total voters
Well, yes, of course it's discriminatory. That's the entire point. I am not sexually interested in girls so why should I invest time in a wasted project? I'm never going to love the woman as more than a friend so why bother? What's the point of a romantic relationship if there's never any sex?

Someone you're close to but don't have sex with is called a friend.

...I never said there was anything wrong with it. I just don't quite understand why people can be so totally strictly gay/straight. I mean, feel free to only date boys (or girls, for those that like girls) if that's what floats your boat, I say. It's just my opinion. But people can do what and who they please.

Also, I don't really think sex isn't the thing that separates friendship from romance. It's infatuation. If a person can't make you feel *~Warm fuzzies in your own little world of happiness IIIIIiii~~~ ~* (don't even go there) on a regular basis, that's probably not romance. Not saying that's the only thing, or that that's love (that is very different from love) but. Yeah.

I hope I made sense.

I'd like to be asexual, and I sometimes (during cynical moments) am. In reality, though, I'm bi- or pansexual (not quite clear on this).

I'm just really confused.

Like, I'm certain that I'd date either gender, as long as they suited my tastes. I'm definitely 100% that I'd like to have sex with women. The only problem is, I'm not quite sure how sure I am of my sexual desire for men. I mean, it's still at least a good 40%, but still.

It's more like, certain stuff I'm not so keen on. Like anal. But that applies pretty equally to both sexes (I am horribly, horribly squicky about anal - goddamn that thing is so SMALL you shouldn't be sticking stuff up it). And there's other stuff I would actually kind of enjoy. Like oral. And frankly, I disagree that you can't have a meaningful romantic relationship with someone without sex. :/

So I dunno. Heterosexual biromantic heavily leaning towards bisexual?

um, i'm pretty sure there are only two genders... so how does being attracted to both genders differ from being attracted to every gender? wtf
Well, there are plenty of people who identify themselves as female and male, neither, genderless and so on. I think the general difference is that bisexuality by name suggests that there are two genders (hence bi) as opposed to pansexual where it doesn't matter. For example, the reason why I identify as bisexual is because I find men attractive because they're male and women attractive because they're female. I've never found gender ambiguity to be particularly attractive and I haven't met anyone who identifies as anything other than male or female, so I don't really know if I would be attracted to them.
Go and wiki 'third gender' for more information. I thought it would be kind of wrong to leave pansexuality out of the poll, because it's definitely a valid option.

Last edited:
Heterosexual.

...Meh, not much else to say.

Same here. At least we're winning on the poll. xD

Personally, I kinda find all of this other stuff kind of strange, though I do understand it in a strange way. o_O I like girls way too much to be anything other than heterosexual though. (Plus anything else is against my religion, soooo....)

It stretches! I can (and do) fit a small lava lamp. You just have to work it up to that point.

(EDIT: Also don't worry; the linked image is only the lava lamp and a measuring tape to clarify that "small" isn't exactly tiny here. Nothing scarring, though.)
(EDIT2: god damn I feel silly)
sweet christ's bollocks

how are you still able to sit down after that.

on a more serious note, isn't it supposed to hurt like hell, at least the first few times?

Heterosexual. Oddly, I find women more aesthetically beautiful than men and penises are just plain ugly, but men are just so hot and adorable and have sexy beards and smell nice and I want to touch them.

Used to identify as heteroromantic asexual, but the sexual part has been getting more prominent recently, so eh, it's probably no longer appropriate.

Personally, I kinda find all of this other stuff kind of strange, though I do understand it in a strange way. o_O I like girls way too much to be anything other than heterosexual though. (Plus anything else is against my religion, soooo....)
Funfax: homosexual feelings are not prohibited by any religion! Homosexual sex is, but even that is arguable!

sweet christ's bollocks

how are you still able to sit down after that.

on a more serious note, isn't it supposed to hurt like hell, at least the first few times?
The magic of lube.

...I'm not sure if I'm bi or not. I'm sexually attracted to both genders, but I'm only romantically attracted to men.

Oh, and Catholic fun fact: Homosexual feelings are a-okay and if gay people could get married, homosexual sex would be too.

It stretches! I can (and do) fit a small lava lamp. You just have to work it up to that point.

(EDIT: Also don't worry; the linked image is only the lava lamp and a measuring tape to clarify that "small" isn't exactly tiny here. Nothing scarring, though.)
(EDIT2: god damn I feel silly)
mother of god

:|

Funfax: homosexual feelings are not prohibited by any religion! Homosexual sex is, but even that is arguable!

Unchaste thoughts are not encouraged by my religion, and homosexual sex is most certainly banned. So, um, no.

Oh, and Catholic fun fact: Homosexual feelings are a-okay and if gay people could get married, homosexual sex would be too.

Who told you that? Gay people can get married in certain states in the US, actually, (though obviously not in the Church) though we still don't believe in that way of life. As Catholics, we believe that the purpose of marriage is to bring new life into the world. Since homosexual sex doesn't do this, we obviously don't view it as a "proper" marriage, if you could even call it a marriage. If it's gay, it's more like "agreeing to have intercourse" than "agreeing to raise children." There's quite the difference.

What we mean when we say that being gay is "okay" doesn't mean that we view it as morally correct, but rather that we try to be tolerant to people that think otherwise, and we need to remember that God is always willing to forgive everyone - even if they're not Catholic / Christian.

EDIT: To Dewgong: Currently, heterosexual has the highest votes in the poll. I was simply referencing that. As for what I meant by "other stuff", I meant non-heterosexual opinions, which I suppose was a rather hypocritical way of stating it. For that, I apologize.

Back
Top Bottom