• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Most heartbreaking moment?

I was fooling around with Gameshark in SoulSilver, caught Red's Pikachu, and it half saved before I turned it off because I want to beat Red legitimately. After I realized what I had done, I rebooted and it gave me the save file corrupted screen. I almost cried until I realised that it had simply loaded my last save, standing in front of Red.

Last edited:
(Hey cool, I thought this thread was dead!)

Just yesterday, I went to beat my Pokemon Colosseum. As I fought Evice and was about to catch Shadow Tyranitar, I realized that when I used the Master Ball on Metagross, I forgot to do the glitch. D'oh!

Once, in my Platinum game, I saw a shiny Tangela. Yeah, I had plenty of Pokeballs. The catch?

It was in the Safari Zone.

I threw like 20 Safari Balls at it---all of them failed---but it still fled. When I saw the text "Wild Tangela Fled", I wanted to throw my DS at the wall. ;^;

Hahahaa...T.T

In Emerald, I found a shiny Whismur, a shiny Poochyena, and a shiny Wingull...

And had no Pokeballs...I wanted to kill someone as compensation.

that moment when I deleted my white save file without thinking (I do it a lot since I also have a copy of Black with completed everything) and forgot that my shiny Articuno and a random shiny latias I got from GTS (hacked or not, it was still a cool member of my team) were still on it.

Pokemon Crystal. Hatched a Shiny Togepy from that egg, You know? that one Prof.Elm gives you... And my DS went flat. Soo upsetting. >:(

She might have meant Game Boy, but with a flash cart, sure, you can technically play Crystal on a DS.

The first time my old Red version file dropped its save, I guess. I was pretty attached to my charizard. Followed by a great deal of frustration when the Red I got to replace that one lost the ability to save after like a week. 'Course, the third Red refuses to die even after being run through a washing machine, so I guess I finally lucked out on one that wasn't made of fail. (or possibly the victim of me feeling the need to keep a large rock in my backpack along with my Game Boy when I was ten I mean what)

EDIT: And for future reference, TheBluejay, this thread was sort of old when you'd posted in it; couple more people seem interested in posting in it now, so it's fine, but in the future please be more careful about that.

Last edited:
And for future reference, TheBluejay, this thread was sort of old when you'd posted in it; couple more people seem interested in posting in it now, so it's fine, but in the future please be more careful about that.
What? I don't think this is the sort of thread that's ever time-relevant....

Bumping is a stupid rule. I am glad the rule against it is gone.

Attempting to Soft-Reset a Chimchar in Platinum. It took me about 50 tries. I still couldn't get a shiny. Then one of my dogs died (real) =(

=P (It's kinda gotten mandatory now)

Frost a few months ago said:
I'm bored of LeafGreen. I think I'll start a Nuzlocke.
Frost said:
Lalala, grinding.
Frost said:
Lalala-HOLY CRAP A SHINY PIDGEY
Frost said:
THIS IS MY FIRST SHINY EVER WHEE
Frost said:
OH WAIT THIS IS A NUZLOCKE
Frost said:
Oh well, I'll just catch it and not use it.
Frost said:
NOO NO POKèBALLS

After that, I took a picture so I could prove the encounter but I think my mom deleted the picture, seeing as I had used her phone as mine wasn't on hand.
Then, grinding THE SAME DAY, I spilled first blood.
AND IT'S NAME WAS A REALLY GOOD JOKE TOO

Wait, 'a really good joke'? Wow, I hate Metapods more than I thought.

In Pokémon Black, I was not too far, about the second badge, but my brother wanted to play, so I decided to give him the file.

And he played for a little while, then stopped...

A moment from the first PMD that wasn't supposed to be sad:

"Hey! You know, we shouldn't be hogging the spotlight all the time. We should let any Pokémon be a team leader!"

*My partner disperses to a friend area where he will spend the rest of his days walking in circles spouting default phrases*

Of course, then there was when I let my Danish cousin try my Yellow and the whole time I was thinking "Should I try to tell her not to save? But I don't know enough Danish and would sound stupid." And then I started up my Yellow later and my level 100 Pikachu and the Charizard that made me love Charizard and my awesome glitched Jolteon were all gone. D:

Oh yeah. *slaps face* I never managed to catch Mewtwo I think. That, or I catch it in a Master Ball and leave it in my P.C. for the next few months until I start again. =P

Back
Top Bottom