• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Registration Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Registration Office

Er, moves generally cost more energy depending on their strength. That's just... how they're reffed. The 9% energy is just the cost of Spotlight itself; if the move she's using gets continuously stronger it will naturally cost more energy. I increased the usage gap, just uh, to change something I guess.

[Rachel] starmie (x) <Natural Cure>
Signature Move: Spotlight
"Metaphors are important. My gold stars are a metaphor for me being a star."

Rachel is a go-getter. Nothing can get in its' way. A crowd of people shouting at you doesn't sound much different from a crowd of people shouting for you; it all depends on how you look at it. And Rachel looks at the world through rose-tinted glasses.

Sometimes it gets a little hard for Rachel to see other pokemon for who they really are. Sometimes all it sees is a cheering crowd. And sometimes that gets to Rachel.

Normal / Other / Damage: Progressively adds +2 to total damage for 2-5 actions (adds +2 on each action) / Target: Self / Energy: 9% / Duration: 2-5 actions
Effects: this makes Rachel get stuck in an encore. It repeats its last-used move for 2-5 actions. However, unlike a normal encore, during each progressive attack, +2 damage is added to the attacks overall power.
For each successful hit she makes during the effects of Spotlight, the boost to her confidence raises her special attack and special defense +1. This comes into effect after Spotlight ends.
During this performance, the effects of negative moves such as taunt, torment, swagger, scary face, leer, etc. (anything that's effect would depend on Rachel loosing confidence) would fail.
Usage Gap: Every 6 rounds

damn it of course they do
Okay ignore my stupidity. With that in mind this looks more balanced. Approved.

So, does that mean I'm approved (for now, at least)?

[Shelly] Shellos (Female)
Ability: Sticky Hold
Signature Attribute: Of the Sea

Shellos and Gastrodon are naturally suited to the mud and the beach, where the earth and water meet; Pastoria and Sunyshore's seashores are home to many of the slugs. Shelly, though, has always felt more comfortable in the fluid, changing ocean altogether than the solid ground. Even as a child, she had played with Mantyke, Finneon, and even the occasional Vaporeon that swam by, instead of with Buizel and other Shellos.

As she got older, she almost lived in the sea, and many of the Pokémon were friendly; they taught her techniques unknown to Shellos. Of course, she had to keep up with them, and eventually, after much practice, she learned how to be as smooth as them in the water. Shelly has lost much of her familiarity with the land now, however.

Effects: Shelly gains the ability Swift Swim, but starts off at -1 Speed when she is on land. She also gains the following move alterations:

+ Aqua Jet, Aqua Ring, Waterfall, Acid Armor, Hydro Pump
- Mud Bomb, Earth Power, Fissure, Mud Sport, Mud Slap

how dare you people make me work for my mod approvers paycheck

Approved.

hey Meowth are you still here because you're not done working

Although if anyone else's purchase or attribute was missed (attribute, not move, I can't approve moves) I can field that while I'm here.

belated gifts, etc.

[Girl Eevee] Eevee (M) <Adaptability>

[Boy Eevee] Eevee (F) <Adaptability>

[Androgynous Porygon] Porygon (X) <Download>

APPARENTLY I JUST IGNORE EVERYBODY NOW. :D

Approved.

bumping this to ensure it being noticed.

Pokemon: Bes
Signature attribute: Constant Rotation

The body of a normal Baltoy only rotates if it is using Rapid Spin. However, Bes's body is rotating perpetually due to a series of events including deflecting a series of other, more powerful Rapid Spins. This battery of rapidly spinning power knocked Bes's inner gyroscope out of whack, and he doesn't know how to stop anymore. Only his body spins, mind you, not his head. Now, upon its entrance, Bes's constant spinning creates a sandstorm from the dirt and grit in the immediate area, that does not die down until Bes is recalled. All moves that involve Bes's body causing a strike or actually striking that Bes uses have a decreased accuracy, but moves like Grass Knot that involve tugging or slapping under his control gain power, as his body is constantly moving. However, as a repercussion, Bes can no longer use Rapid Spin.

Effects: This basically like the Sand Stream ability that raises a mild sandstorm which inflicts normal sandstorm damage, but the Sandstorm created starts as mild and does not die down at all, unless Bes is recalled. This sandstorm must also have a source. After Bes has been recalled, the sandstorm subsides after three rounds. All of Bes's contact moves lose 10% accuracy, but moves that involve tugging or slapping (such as Grass Knot and Mud Slap) that it uses gain 3% power. Also, use of the move Rapid Spin is impossible.

Other Notes: Unless he has fainted, Bes continues to spin. This includes when he is recalled, if he is still conscious. (meaning he is still gyrating upon recalling)

what I thought this got approved already.

Um, I think all the problems everyone had were addressed, so approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom