• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Business Approval Office

I have an idea where he went to, it might not be the same guy, but same name and avatar makes me think it is.

Slightly sped up the Breeding Pen time, hopefully nothing wrong with that. Also removed selling the egg back to the Center, mostly because I don't want tons of magikarp eggs or something. If people really want to have me pay them for dropping off useless pokemon and letting them sit, then 0kay.

I can't really remember what came from the EXP share questions and this seems to make everyone happier (except Negrek because neg apparently hates my business >[ ), so yeah, you can have pokemon participate and leech off EXP shares while in the Daycare.

I feel like I'm forgetting something here, but I don't know what it is.

---

Around the outskirts of the main city of ASB Central, tall skyscrapers and apartments as well as shunted-down short and thick buildings eventually give way to the vivid landscape of most of Asber. Once you leave the jam-packed metropolis it's easy to tell that there are a lot of locales in the region--besides the capital, you can see the expansive plains slowly morphing into a desert or steppe-like area to one side of you, while the beginnings of a forest and maybe even a marsh surround you on the other sides. Whatever the landscape turns into, you can't help but be fascinated; however, the attempting-to-be-elegant shack sprouting suddenly out of nowhere grabs your attention just a little bit more. It's quite extravagant, if a shack could ever be called that; arched roofs and oddly precise fences expand for quite a while across the environment. From what you can tell, there's just a bit of everything natural in there, maybe even with a bit of technological help along the way. With a sign out near the front advertizing new management somewhat proudly, you feel that it couldn't be too bad to see what's inside; the sight of a swablu happily flying past helps with your nervousness a small amount. As you head slowly towards the door, a zigzagoon decides to take the duty of practically pushing you in. Aggressive marketing much?

Sable's Mai's League Daycare Center

After you rid yourself of the obnoxious normal type (once you came inside they seemed to be satisfied enough), you see that the weird architecture wasn't just an outdoor thing. Oddly, the business is decked out almost entirely in crimson, gold, and black; not negative in its own right but a bit off-kilter with a spheal perched on the mahogany counter. You have to wonder how practical this is...

"Hey." It seemed like the staff noticed you! Specifically, the one in a red robe playing with a knife. This may not have been a good idea after all. "Do you need any assistance? I'm the owner now, so if you need to ask questions I'm here, but there's a list right over there of all of our services. Whatever you need to know should be covered." Standing up, apparent owner grabbed the stiletto she was toying with. "I'm leaving to go train the clients. No, I don't actually hit the pokemon with my knives; and besides, is that really worse than taking a flamethrower to the face or having your wings ripped off?"

Outline and Information (Daycare Main)

Pinned up on the wall (surprisingly not with a knife, nor with a blade of any kind) is a scroll, listing various things about the business. It's written in pen, with a scrawly sort of handwriting that's only just legible. Perhaps it would have been better if Mai had given up the theme and typed out the information... with many additions obviously added later and things crossed out haphazardly, it really doesn't look that fancy or appealing.

You can only deposit two pokemon in the Daycare as a whole at any given time.

You can place dropped off pokemon either in the Fields or the Breeding Pen.

In the Fields, a pokemon can gain experience points or happiness to further them towards evolution. It takes two completed battles to gain one experience/happiness point, and they must be both be completed while the pokemon is in the Fields (they can, however, be started beforehand). All battles must be finished in succession while the pokemon is in the Fields; you can't deposit a pokemon, finish a battle, withdraw the pokemon, finish a few more battles and deposit the pokemon again right before you finish another one to gain credit.

It doesn't cost any money to pick up a pokemon if they haven't gained any points; you're charged by how many experience or happiness your pokemon gains.

The cost of withdrawing a pokemon (that has gained experience) is the rarity plus five dollars multiplied by how many points it earned. Fakemon registered in the 'Dex Registry are rare and hard to train, so they cost $15 per point to withdraw. So, for example, a rarity six pokemon that's gained two experience points would cost $22 to withdraw, and a skelitten earning the same number of points would cost $30.

For information on the Breeding Pen and Incubator, see the other scroll.

What other scroll? You don't see another...

Oh. It's on the other side of the room, next to a sign that says "Incubator Room"; a door leading to the outside bears the description "Breeding Pen". Despite exterior design there was a sort of misguided thought put into this--the other door right beside you was leading to the Fields. Looking out there, it seems like a nice place; the grass is a natural and healthy green, there's a lake for the swimmers, and there seems to be a mini volcano (you wonder how she put that out there) off in the distance.

Outline and Information (Breeding Pen and Incubator)

To produce an egg, you need two reasonably compatible pokemon of the same egg group. Your pokemon don't gain experience or happiness in the Breeding Pen; instead, the time spent while left here is going towards making an egg.

It takes one battle to make an egg if the pokemon are in the same egg group, and two if you are using a ditto.

The cost of an egg is the rarity multiplied by two. The rarity and species is determined by the female; if you are using a ditto, the other pokemon determines everything.

If you do not have a ditto or another compatible pokemon, you can also pay for one of ours to produce an egg with one of your pokemon. If doing this, you must pay an additional $2 per egg and you cannot sell the egg back to the Daycare.

Eggs take up a slot on your active squad and cannot be deposited into your PC until they are hatched. Eggs cannot hold items and cannot participate in battles. They will hatch when you finish a battle (that may have been started previously), and to redeem that you must come back to the Daycare Center. A battle may be used for training, breeding and hatching. You can choose the gender/ability of an egg.

Incubator Room

The place where all of the eggs are kept, the Incubator is a warm and cozy place colored mostly in brown and red; marigold curtains cover the windows to give just enough light. A large silver machine in the middle of the room houses all of the eggs and keeps them at just the right temperature; however, being kept in an artificial environment cannot help them hatch and as such they will need a trainer's help.

This time, a simple note is on what houses the eggs; even though the sides are transparent and the egg's design indicates well enough what pokemon is housed inside, the piece of paper lists the species for the unfamiliar.

Inventory

Every three weeks, old eggs will be removed and given to a new home somewhere else. In their place, different ones will be added. The selections are completely random, so either wait and try your luck or make sure to get whomever you want now!

- Spinarak Egg (R1)
- Taillow Egg (R2)
- Mawile Egg (R7)
- Pichu Egg (R3)
- Grimer Egg (R2)

Fields

(Pokemon - Owner)

Honestly, I think I just want to kill this business. I'll give you $200 to never speak of it again. If DJ P0N-3 returns and wants it back, she can negotiate with me at that time.

Last edited:
Negrek, you still didn't answer about whether or not I could upgrade my business with Move Tutors!

Mai and res asked for it (res even threatened me to start one itself if I didn't)!

Back
Top Bottom