• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

NaNoWriMo 2013

it's okay! if you don't have enough words, just write as many words as you can. nano is really about getting more words on the paper than you usually do. don't get disheartened, just sit down and write.

because you enjoy writing, even if you think you hate it atm.

Hm...you've got a point, certainly. It's not that I'm hating writing at the moment or anything, it's just a lack of motivation plus the fact that whenever I write things I feel like they are severely lacking in some aspect and it makes me wary of writing more.

god dang i am super far behind :( I don't really know how to progress the story, and i'm still working out some major plot points in my head.

For those who are behind on their wordcount: just sitting down and 'locking' yourself into "write-only" mode helps a lot! You can get a surprisingly large amount of words out even if you have no idea what you're doing, if you just write.
I know it sounds kind of obvious, but if you decide that you are going to write right now even if you don't really want to, the words will find a way. :P

The start of the week was super meh in terms of writing (despite the fact that I met the daily quotas), but yesterday I just went and forced myself to write for about an hour, and I managed to churn the last 1000 words out in that time. Today I just took a few hours for writing-only times, and it was surprisingly painless compared to the earlier days.
Of course, I didn't have the faintest idea of what I was gonna write, but I somehow managed to advance the story somewhat.

Anyway, why am I even rambling. If you feel like you should write, you should write.
Let's see those wordcounts rise! You can do it!

I'm still ahead. Which is good! Because I think this year I've got a better conception of the whole story, and I've planned out large sections of it into chapters before writing which means I have a continuous stream of chapters to write.

So I don't have to think about what I'm writing. I've already beat last year's end wordcount! (which admittedly was not very high).

so, take some time out to plan your chapters. then write them. I find it easier that way and the words just come pouring out because I know exactly what I need to achieve with each chapter.

Ugh, I'm falling ridiculously behind and I don't think I'm going to finish this year. I'm just not... motivated, ugh.

Back
Top Bottom