• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Scotland

Murkrow

Says "also" and "or something" a lot
Pronoun
he
inb4 Tailsy

I realise it's a bit late to start a thread about this considering the polls close in less than 30 minutes, and the results will be announced tomorrow morning, but what does everyone here think of the Scottish independence referendum?

Now I'm Welsh so I don't have a vote, if I were Scottish I'd probably do much more research and think about it a lot more carefully than I have. I'd have to say I sort of hope Yes wins, but that might just be me immaturely hoping for a quick stab at the "effing Tories". Also oh god who is going to keep the Tories out of Westminister if they do.

Are the Tories British Republicans? Are they better or worse than USA Republicans?

I'm surprised the local newspapers even cover it (at least the more serious newspaper does). I don't know much (except 16 year olds can vote, which is pretty cool), and apparently the whole thing is pretty even, but I'd vote yes because hey guys let's do what we want!

They're republicans in the sense that they're the rightest of the main political party. They're not "republicans" because they don't want to get rid of the monarchy. Who's better/worse is dependent on what you consider better/worse.

I mean, I could be totally wrong here but I kinda got the impression that Scotland were bagging on having EU membership after gaining independence? I have no idea how likely that was to happen but I keep being told that Spain would have been unhappy to let them into the EU because they would like to prevent the Catalan population in Spain from doing the same and aiming for independence. ...again, I could be totally wrong here, I realise.

Anyway, I'm glad with the way that the referendum came out. Can't help but feel that splitting Scotland and the rest of the UK into two bodies would likely have screwed us both over in terms of political power and finances.

Eh, I dunno. The whole UK referendum on leaving the EU and Scotland leaving the UK just feel like people pointing the finger at each other and saying "it's your fault we're in this situation" rather than actually looking for good solutions to things. Again, this isn't necessarily true but it's the general sentiment I seem to be getting from a lot of political action in the UK nowadays.

Disclaimer: I am probably one of the least educated people on these internal politics!

Back
Top Bottom