• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Green Hills and Blue Skies

~Alex

Alex nodded.

"Yep, pancakes are up, five for each, at least as long as Duncan wants his. And yes Cassidy, we do have peanut butter, an odd combination, but hey, everyone to their own." Alex replied to the inquiries directed towards him. Alex took a seat on a nearby log and proceeded to eat his pancakes, a coating of vanilla yougurt and maple syrup upon them.

"So, what's the whole plan for today?" Alex asked, trying to show that he wasn't just going to lead the group as he pleased.

Fletcher was stuffing a pancake into his mouth at the exact time the question was asked, and it took a bit of manoeuvring before he could swallow and answer.

"I was just going to head to the gym, like I'm sure plenty of us are. I'd probably tag along to the mines or museum as well, they look kinda interesting, if anyone else is going. Alex, if you don't open up some sort of pancake restaurant when you get older I'm probably going to kill you, these are delicious. Thanks,"

He then proceeded to half-savour, half-inhale is breakfast.

"Thanks Alex." Ogio picks up a late and two pancakes, "The other three are free for you all to take, I'm not hungry." He sat down back at his tree, staring at the lake. Swinub nudges his leg and Ogio drops a piece of pancake down. Swinub gobbles it up and Ogio pets the little pig.

"Plans? I don't really have one. Follow you all for now and earn the badges. I planned on that anyway. Once we get to Oreburgh, I want to visit the museum. I'll wait while you all take on the Gym." He takes another bite and a sip of water, "These are really good, thanks Alex."

Ogio pulls out a his PokeGear and goes to the map, "So Oreburgh is a rock gym." He clicks the map of Oreburgh. "Are any of you all looking for a all looking for a counter to the rock types of Oreburgh?" He taps the map, "This is updated to find different Pokemon in each location. It is limited because I'm fresh to Sinnoh." He watches the lake.

Kiara glared at the pancakes. She never really did like pancakes. She'd rather eat French Toast or waffles. After disregarding the plate, she turned back to Dink.

"Hmm..." she muttered, thinking of an answer for the riddle. What falls but never breaks, and what breaks but never falls? The "What breaks but never falls" was an easy answer for Kiara, though there'd be multiple answers for that one. The "What falls but never breaks" was much harder for Kiara.

"'What breaks but never falls' would be a promise, right? A broken promise?" she guessed.

Kiara then turned to Ogio. "All my Pokemon are either weak to or not super effective against Rock types. Aren't there any Machop around that I could catch?"

Alex commented on Cassy's preference to peanut butter making an odd combination. "It's a delicious combination." She corrected. "You should try it sometime." She layed the peanut butter on thick on all her pancakes, dumped the syrup on them, and went to town. She gave a few pieces to Clu here and there. Alex asked about the plan. She thought he was the one who had the schedule worked out, but if he was going to ask...

"Well, if we reach Oreburgh today-which I hope we do-we don't want to try and blow through things too fast. If you ask me, we should spend the day we arrive by just touring the city. You know, just have some fun exploring. Then we can sleep, and spend a whole day down at the gym watching or taking part in battles. That's just how I'd do it, but if we are in a rush... You know, let's rush." She said before taking another sizable bite.

She thought about the riddle Duncan had said. It made no sense. What could break without falling? What Kiara said made sense. Yes, a promise sounded suitable. And what about falling without breaking? A ball could do that. A shirt. A lot of things, actually. Duncan's hint was stupid, and didn't help at all. She kept her mouth shut, though, since she didn't want to look stupid.

(Lirris, I'm using a Platinum locator for this)

"Uh... Machop?" Ogio scrolls through. "It looks like Route... 207."

"Alex, where is that?" He glances back at his PokeGear, "Also, Route 211." He takes another bite of pancakes, his last. He rubs Swinub's back, picking the little pig up. "I'm gonna go over there," pointing at the lake he's been staring at. "If you all need me, I'll... be over there." He can already feel the tears welling up

He walks towards the lake and sits on the shore. He locks eyes with Piggly, and buries his face into the Swinub's fur. He has a feeling that something is watching him and he looks to his left. A Magikarp stares out of the water at him, it's confused look locked his eyes.

Back
Top Bottom