• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What do you think of fellow forumgoers? (Again!)

Mai

Banned
Okay! So the old thread was pretty thoroughly dead, and I figured it deserved a restart. It's been restarted instead of bumped before, so.

(I sort of stopped hanging around general discussion so the list is a lot smaller than I thought it would be oops! "What Mai thinks of fellow ASBers and old friends in role-playing, etc., also some new people from #mafia")

---

Bluzzy: You're adorable! And a really great friend. Describing what I think of you would be awkward, but you know that I like you, right? We already hang out a lot.
Crazy Linoone: Seems to have disappeared! I never talked with Linoone as much as bluzzy or res, but they were nice to have in the group before.
Eifie: You're a really good mafia player, and you seem to be fun to be around. I should probably have more to say, considering that I've taken to hanging out in #mafia, but...
Glace: You were always cool! We don't talk as much as we used to. I always want to VM you about something, but don't because I'm afraid of looking silly and you've already said things that I don't /want/ to ignore but. You were always easy to talk to, though; I'm pretty sure I'm being irrational.
Hiikaru: Hi!!! I felt that I kind of needed you on my list but didn't know how. Um. You're a very energetic person! And whenever I speak to you for a long period of time I kind of want to add extra exclamation points and. Yeah. You also type really long things, which /is/ intimidating because responding briefly would sound dismissive! (I'm still working on my reply to that other PM! I'm not ignoring you.)
Kratos: Kratos is terrifying.
Kusari: You ramble on a lot about Madoka in the other cbox, which is good because that's what it's primarily for? In any case, you never seemed that approachable and I don't think I could talk to you outside of Madoka and occasionally ASB. I don't dislike you or anything, but I don't think we'll ever be that close.
Metalos: I always enjoyed RPing with you and talking to you. Sometimes you're a bit overdramatic, but in a good way; no harm in hamming things up as long as people are having fun with it, right? :D You also unexist a lot of the time, though. And that's terrible.
Mr. Fancy Pants: Is a master of puns, and generally a pretty cool guy. Otherwise, uh, not much to say about you.
Pathos: You're okay? Er, I always had the impression that you hated me, but that happens with a lot of people. I don't know.
res: Is a generally cool itperson! Sometimes it feels like we're talking at each other instead of to each other, though, which is weird? You're easy to talk to/at, though, even though you can be a bit odd sometimes. Sometimes I think about how we became friends and it's interesting because we're really different in ways! But.
Stormecho: You are really, really cool in general and I wish we talked more. You really need some confidence! Get out there and... speak? Do a thing?
The Omskivar (I don't know why I put "the" in there but whatever you get to be at the bottom of the list): Hey! Hey, you! You seem like a pretty cool guy in general. It's nice to talk to you about ASB in general; I haven't seen you do much there, but you're full of ideas and that always inspires me to make my own. I'm looking forward to our battle!

(Also I remember how back in the old BfAplace you were scared of everything it was hilarious)

Last edited:
可愛的bluzzy特別可愛 ... not that there are any 不可愛的bluzzy, or, worse, 無法愛的bluzzy -- and I wanted a būlājī but eh couldn't find one, ah well.

that is all I needed to say.

I don't talk to people that much. I mean, yes I do discussions, but when it comes to "Oh, hey, let's talk for a bit," I'll stay away. But those I do talk to are nice. So, I'll do a list like Mai has for those people I do/have talked to. Plus those I know in my 'real' life. (non-ABC order)

Seraph- A very nice person. You have a great taste in games, my friend.
Mr. Brightside- You are my best friend, off-site. You are funny and your hair is really fluffy.
Le Sabre- Alright, I refuse to say anything bad about you. The only thing I have to say about you, is you are an evil cousin.
Raichie Belle- You... are so nice. Those things we have talked about are wonderful. And, even if you didn't mean it, thanks for worrying.

I'll edit this as that list may 'grow.'

... isn't this thread kinda for describing what you like/dislike about people? C'mon, it shouldn't be awkward! :P

Alright I guess I should describe the still-active people on my friends list...! And then I'll tack on some other people who I talk to a lot but somehow don't have on my friends list, or just... people that I have opinions on that I'd like to say!

Blastoise: We don't talk much but you're a cool guy! And whenever I'm really frustrated and post something particularly bad in the Coughing Cupboard, you always seem to show up to drop me a comforting VM. It actually means a lot (:

bulbasaur: You're the first and only TCoDer I've met IRL (so far!) and you didn't turn out to be a 40-year old creeper, so that's always a plus! But really, you're a cool guy (I have a feeling that I'm going to be using that phrase a lot) and pretty fun to talk to, when you're not blowing my mind with math-related things, of course.

Crazy Linoone: First of all, where'd you go? D: I hope you're just busy and you'll come back soon! We used to have this super-long conversations about food and Asian and that was great; plotting with you for the BfA was also great! You're great! As are your food-based arenas. And now I'm hungry.

Mai: Is also really great! You're really fun to talk to, especially about ASB stuff and... well damn, I don't think I ever replied to that super-long PM that started with signature attributes, did I? I better get on that. Anyway, you're also a good friend and just generally fun to talk to :D You're probably my go-to person here if I just feel like talking about nothing in particular!

Windyragon: I think you're my oldest ASBuddy! It's unfortunate that you keep disappearing, but hey, life happens, right? We haven't actually talked that much as of late - we really should talk more - but you'll always be my ASB business partner and friend and <3 I mean BlazhyxDragon OTP, right?

(and here, Blazhy realizes that her list of good, active friends is very sadly short.)

And as for other people I talk to but are not on my friends list for some reason:

Derpy: Okay, we haven't actually talked much, but you seem like a really sweet and nice person. Just wanted to say that (:

Mr. Fancy Pants: I will always remember you as Metallica Fanboy, and your current username rings a bell of dissonance within me, but that's beside the point. As Mai said, you're a master of puns and I actually laugh out loud at some of them and then my mom gives me weird looks. You're also nice to talk to and a good listener and probably my go-to person when I'm feeling really crappy.

Pathos: We had this long conversation that was nice and pretty fun! But we haven't talked since then and I don't even know if you like me or hate me or whatever. But I do think you're interesting and I'd like to be able to talk to you more!

sreservoir: You're probably one of the most interesting people here. Kinda uh, how to word it... Mysterious? Cryptic? But in a good way! Sometimes your roundabout answers can get exasperating but more often than not, they're amusing. Not to mention your ridiculous ASB plots and plans that are @_@ to follow but /work so well/. Paranoiding in the BfA with you was fun!

... I'm bad at thinking off the top of my head. I'll add to this/post more as I think of more people!

(and I'm not adorable, guys ;~; Is that my only noteworthy trait now)

kicks it up a notch because I like these threads they're so cute!! and I like reading about everyone's friends fsr. livin vicariously through other people.

shoutout to my jjhf buds because I met MOST of them through this forum initially even though me and jolty are basically the only kiddos standing, lmao

shoutout to the people in #tcod whom I really especially enjoy talking to (espeon, ewan, verne, clover, uv, flora, viki, the list continues i'm sure but i'm tired!)

shoutout to everyone who doesn't smell, so on.

shoutout to my jjhf buds because I met MOST of them through this forum initially even though me and jolty are basically the only kiddos standing, lmao
YEAH JJHF WOOOO!!!
i made jjhf because of this forum.
back in the day.

and relevant to the topic
tarvos, vplj, tailsy and byrus are p. cool dudes. probably some more that i can't remember right now. i have no idea who most people on here are though. like all the whippersnappers.

turbo though
man i love turbo
he is my favourite.

blazheirio889 said:
bulbasaur: You're the first and only TCoDer I've met IRL (so far!) and you didn't turn out to be a 40-year old creeper, so that's always a plus!
i must be the only person in the universe who actually wants something like this to happen WHY DID ALL MY FRIENDS END UP BEING THE AGE THEY ACTUALLY SAID THEY WERE so lame

Really really cool? Pfffft, what is this madness? seriously though, thank you ;~;

Mai: Super cheerful and nice and really fun to talk to and roleplay with. I should talk to you more, definitely, but I also feel awkward at times for irrational reasons. You're really inspirational, though!
Hiikaru: Holy shit you are like twenty motivational speakers rolled into one, with an added dash of... awesome happiness? You always seem really nice and I confess, I adore you for your enthusiasm, especially when the NaNoWriMo thread comes around.
Metalos: Awesome. You make me laugh too much. The rest you probably already know and there's not much of a chance of you reading this anyways.
Crazy Linoone: You always seemed really cool and you took a look at my writing and also you read Pedestal and you draw well! So pretty cool in my book. You seem to have become a lurker and/or disappeared, which is saddening.
Exo-Raikou: Another person I've gotten to know through RP. You're quite cool, and I always feel like I can snark at your characters or your posting speed. It's nice to see you around and know you're always up for my nostalgic revivals.
Kratos Aurion: I always find you really intimidating and awesome at the same time.

There's probably a ton of other people I could mention awkwardly but I know less people now that I'm a HUGE LURKER.

asdfghjkl; I love you all.

No, really. Yeah, some people can make me roll my eyes about certain (but not most!) things in Serious Business, but that meaningless compared about all the other things I like! Everyone's just so nice and funny and smart and better than me and

*slinks back to lurkerland*

Guess I'll just run through who's posted so far.

Mai: Don't really know you, but you've always come off as very mature and kind, so you're cool in my book.
sreservoir: On the off chance I understand what in the world you're talking about, I think you're great.
Gym Leader Shizui: Don't really know you, sorry.
blazheirio889: Same as Mai, though I am a bit more familiar with you.
Twilight Sparkle: It's impossible for me to not like you! You're a hilarious person and you helped me get an A on my International English project two semesters ago. :D We don't really have a lot in common, so I doubt we would ever be great friends, but that's fine.
Jolty: You've always been a fabulous person and that hasn't changed. Remember The Adventures of AK and Tailsy (and Evil Jolty)? That's one of the best memories I have of being young on the internet. :P
Stormecho: Again, one of those people I don't know all that well, but I still associate you with quality posts. So that's good!
hopeandjoy: I like your posts, even though I always end up accidentally up clicking on the giant link in your signature. Heh.

(Everyone rocks and if I don't mention you then it's my horrible memory and you can slap me/tell me to talk about you.)

ALRAUNE: Quite levelheaded and coooooool too talk to and :D in general. I get the feeling that if we were closer geographically that we would be FRIENDS FOREVER or otherwise hate each other for having too much in common.

BLAZHEIRIO: Must. Not. Call. Adorable! You are der bestest. You can art like a goddess and my jealousy is only outstripped by my discipline in not calling you ADORABLE and not HUGGING YOU.

BYRUS: You are so cool and you are a Poison-type gym leader in my head forever. Also, I am jealous of what I presume to be your accent.

COLOURSFALL: I like your art and I like your tastes. Your RPs are fun even though I suck at helping to keep them going! Your characters are megainteresting.

THORNE: You're not around enough for my liking but when you are it's pretty fantastic. You're a good roleplayer.

MAI: ♥♥♥

CRAZY LINOONE: You're a keeper. Wish I saw more of you.

KRATOS AURION: baby come back

sreservoir: you are quite iridescent in your multitude of uncapitalized wonders

Awwwh! :D and hum I only really have a specific impression of a few people (maybe I should look up my post in the old thread and start there- yeah that sounds good)

These are in no particular order!!

uv became a mod around the same time I did, right? And I wish I could be as assertive as her ; ; She's so, like, definite in what she does and seems really confident! and is a pretty cool person, we agree on a lot of things I think!

Squornshellous Beta is really sweet and I wish my non-skype IMs hadn't gone kaput D: We should talk more! At least over VMs or something!

Blastoise is totally a cool dude and I think we would be fransforever if we lived closer. We have a lot in common so we have a lot to talk about :>

Same goes for PK (even though he doesn't post much anymore). I've known him since the invisionfree forums and we've never stopped talking, like, ever. He is a totes cool dude who I can talk to about pretty much anything and it's really nice!

Furiianda is another person I've known since the IF forums who doesn't post much anymore, and even though we don't actually do much anymore I love talking with her and we have a lot of good memories :)

Music Dragon
, another oldtime member I have respect for. I love his witty quips and all of that. We used to talk a little but haven't in a long long time for some reason

Viki and Twilight Sparkle I kind of lump together in my head for some reason, they're like the forum's dynamic duo in my head and I've always thought they're pretty cool!

Chalumeau will always be one of my best friends that I can talk to about anything, and we do need to talk more :<

Hiikaru is always really positive and careful and thoughtful in her wordings and I think that's really great! Though I haven't talked to you much at all, I'd like to sometime

Raichie Belle is sweet and we give eachother comforts and hugs as of late. Which I really appreciate!

I feel like I need to branch out a little more and talk to people outside my... generation? of forum. Is that the word? Like, most of the people I talk to were from the IF forums, and not so much the new school members. But they don't really talk to me much either, I don't guess, until now. I talk to a lot more people than I used to, but I'm still pretty bad at initiating conversations... And I probably missed somebody! Please don't be offended if I did ;;

Last edited:
Oh yes, MUSIC DRAGON. He's like some distant celebrity in that I only really consume comedic banter secondhand from him, but in any case he rocks.

Also Kets-I mean HOPEANDJOY! Quiet to the point of it making me sad, but I like you!

STORMECHO! Love you, love your avatar, wish you were around more so that we can nerd out about Clouded Sky, etc. (That was you, right? I hope so or else this will be an awkward post, gulp.)

MR FANCY PANTS AKA METALLICA FANBOY! You're great and I am really grateful that you run those contests (even though they tend to die and then resurrect and then die...)! Good referee, too.

TWILIGHT SPARKLE/TAILSY! Your ~ironic~ love of Glee is cool and your signature makes me :D. Also you are slightly menacing, like a baby skunk that knows jujitsu.

On the subject of uLTRAVIOLET: I still hold that you are a fairy.

RYUBANE: I enjoy your presence despite my burning jealousy about your apparent and recent run of gay-luck, from what I have pieced together from your fwee posts. >:NB

ALSO

I just skimmed through a gay debate on a sizable pokémon forum and, because of how used to TCoD I am it just kind of made me appalled to see how chaotic and just dumb it was over there. SOOOOOOOO can I just say that I love the population here as a whole? I've never really been part of any other online communities and it's really simple for me to forget what I'm about to say, but the atmosphere here is great to be in. Everyone is so tolerant and the debates are so structured and... it's like a little pokémon-based utopia/sanctuary for all kinds of people and I just love all of you guys for it.

Last edited:
uv became a mod around the same time I did, right? And I wish I could be as assertive as her ; ; She's so, like, definite in what she does and seems really confident! and is a pretty cool person, we agree on a lot of things I think!
yes it was like me and you and then Cirrus came after! also that is very nice of you aaah <3 but don't mistake assertiveness for me being cranky because that's also a thing

you're pretty great also and you make some really accomplished artwork! also you shouldn't be so afraid, basically everytime you make an assertive post I go 'hm yes nod nod agreement' so.

Blastoise Fortooate said:
On the subject of uLTRAVIOLET: I still hold that you are a fairy.
I'm still okay with this!

uuummmm let's see

I have a lot of respect for Viki because e does eir best to be informed about stuff e cares about and e doesn't really seem to take crap from anyone and it is good! I mean we don't really have anything in common off the top of my head but we can still talk and when we do it's neat.

I am also fond of Cirrus for the same reasons but I also like Cirrus because we seem to have the same appreciation of things that are cute! And I just like reading eir posts because... idk you phrase things very well whereas when I'm on the internet it's like 'words go here blaaah'. You have this great balance of being able to speak eloquently while still being pretty clear as to what you're talking about and it is good!

Music Dragon is a butt

Espeon is a great big dork and I wish I was usually semi-conscious when we get to talk but I'm often not so I end up being kind of boring to talk to and/or rude and I'm sorry for that. uni is finished for a while though so maybe I will be able to get in #tcod more often and catch you there.

Tailsy reading your tumblr is frequently the highlight of my dashboard even though I have blocked most glee tags using tumblr savior (sorry). you're really funny (duh) but we also seem to share tastes in lots of things (bunnies) so that is neato!!

Hiikaru is like the shining beacon of hope in tcodf and it is really refreshing to have someone so positive around. You're also really easy to talk to in #tcod and I wish I saw you there more often!! :D

Zhorken has this really lovely duality of being super-approachable but also being really knowledgeable about a lot of stuff. and you have a neat sense of humour and your art is pretty neat also (I like that you actually do some life-drawing, it's a really important skill and people shy away from it a lot).

Chalumeau is pretty fabulous! I am sorry I am not really around very much when you are. :c

we don't talk much now but when I do talk to Pathos it's usually a pretty good discussion, also keep in mind that you can talk to me when things turn to shit if you need to (this also kind of goes for everyone).

I like everyone, except the people I don't like, particularly a nice shout out for the ones I've met or talked to a lot in the past. I don't really feel like singling anybody out.

I love everyone. Okay, that's not true, but I love so many people it's awkward, because if I write out a nice, detailed reasoning for everyone I like I'll be here all day and if I say 'if you think I like you at all I almost certianly do', it sounds insincere and rubbish.

Some people who are super-super cool and I really like in no order: Dinru, Butterfree, Flazeah, opal, Kai, Zora, Poly, Ruby, Flora, Grimdour, Kinova, Spoon, CrazyLinoone, PK, Espeon, Alraune, Tarvos, Datura, OrngSumb, Cirrus, Pathos, Shadow Serenity, Viki, Keltena, Jason, Kratos, Blastoise, Flareth, VLPJ, uv, EbilSnorlax, Phantom and Mhals (and loads of people I just embarassingly forgot and lots of people I like very much but haven't spoken to much).

I guess I have to post since people think I hate them :[ I don't?? Although it is amusing that you do think I hate you?? Haha.

I don't really want to/have energy to post my opinions on people though so. u_u

uv <3

I gotta say, you peeps here at TCoD are swell.

I can't separate people. But there are some of you I've known/been talking to since I was in middle school, shout out to us oldbies.

I've been here a long time now, but I'm not particularly active in the social side of the forum. Still, I do have some names that I'd like to mention, and I'll do it in a similar style to Danni, but I'll break it down into groupings by reasons.

PEOPLE WHO ARE ALL-AROUND AWESOME AND PROBABLY THOSE CLOSEST TO ME AT TCOD:
Squarewalker
Vehement Mustelid
Zero Moment
Grimdour

PEOPLE WHO I FIRST ASSOCIATED WITH THROUGH ASB/BATTLE FOR ASBER AND I NOW THINK ARE PRETTY COOL:
blazheirio889
sreservoir
Crazy Linoone
Mai
The Omskivar
Metallica Fanboy
bulbasaur

PEOPLE WHO I DON'T KNOW PARTICULARLY WELL, BUT FOR WHOM I HAVE MUCH RESPECT:
Cirrus
ultraviolet
opaltiger
Negrek