• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

PMD questions

Autumn

bye
Pronoun
she
Right, so my friend and I are planning to make a site in the future that contains extremely detailed info on the MD games and the Rangers. But I have a few questions about MD game mechanics, since the game is engineered so differently from the main-series games...

1. Do EVs or a similar concept exist? I know IVs don't, because my guidebook shows the stats of any given species at level one, but because it's level one instead of 100 or such, I have to wonder if there is something that can change the stats so there are no concrete stats for any given species at level 100...
2. Are there changes to base stats? If so, what are the differences?
3. Is the damage formula any different?
4. Is there some kind of "recruit formula" for determining recruit rate or something similar?

Thanks in advance if you can answer any of these.

1. EVs do not exist in any PMD game to date.
2. As far as I know, there are no base stat changes (I even doubt there are base stats)
Damage = (((X + A)*39168/65536) - (D / 2 ) + (log( (((A-D)/8) + L + 50) * 10) * 50) - 311) / Y
where:

• A - Attacker's Attack/Special Attack
  • D - Opponent's Defense/Special Defense
  • L - Attacker's level
  • X - Move's power (modified by stat stages and stat multipliers)
  • Y - Equal to 340/256 if the attacker isn't a team member and this floor is not a battle with another exploration team, or 1 otherwise.

For physical attacks, use the Attack and Defense values. For special attacks, use the Special Attack and Special Defense values.
Note: The result of this formula is clamped to the range 1.0-999.0. Also, the log function rounds its input down and clamps it to the range 1-4095.
I don't know about four.

Okay, thanks. :P

One more question, though: in the damage formula, how exactly do stat changes affect the move's power?

Back
Top Bottom