• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Common mistakes you make

Palamon

Additional Memory
Pronoun
he/him
Well, what even are the common mistakes you make? Spilling juice? How embarrassed does it make you feel?

They're not usually funny enough to post on the misreadings thread, but I do frequently misread things.

Also I find the more attention I'm putting into typing something correctly, the more likely I am to mistype it. Usually if I get a password wrong I type it slower to make sure I get it right, but I just get it wrong again. When I type it faster than I usually do I expect not to have got it right but I often have.

Not exactly a mistake, but I have crumbing superpowers. When I eat anything, I somehow manage to get crumbs in the most mysterious places. Like, once I managed to get crumbs under my plate. I have no idea how that happened.

So my laptop is on this rolling cart laptop stand thing, and there's a space between it and the dresser my TV and PS3 sit on. I walk through this space, when I need to get out of my room. Since my TV and PS3 are all on the dresser, so is my power strip. My laptop is also plugged into the power strip, which is fine, because it's a very long cord. However, the plugin for my external hard drive isn't very long. My external hard drive sits on the laptop stand. The cord is like 6 inches off the ground, and even though I'm uuuuusually alright, I have tripped and knocked my external hard drive off the stand, which is like three feet! It's a good thing it's resilient, it's been knocked off a dozen times. If I have other stuff on my stand, it knocks that stuff off too. One time I had my 3DS on top of my external hard drive, that was a scare.

So yeah, I wish I would stop. I have important things on there.

I hate spilling food/non-water drinks on myself, mainly because I'm always worried it's going to leave permanent stains on my clothes. If at home, I quickly rush to the bathroom to wash it away (or when I was still living at home, put it in the washing machine, sadly that's not always an option to do 24/7 after I've moved - the laundry room here is only open between specific hours, and costs money so I don't really feel like doing that for just one piece of clothing), try getting out as much as I can for now until I can wash again (or, if I DO manage to get everything out, just keep wearing it afterwards), and put on some new clothes

Last edited:
For some reason I am unable to read smoothly out loud in front of people. I can read fine by myself or if I'm reading out loud to just one person it's fine, but in highschool when I read a textbook or assigned reading out loud or reading to a child in front of other people, I just trip over my words and it's really embarrassing!

I have this small enclosure type thing under a loft bed because sleeping at ground level is for chumps.
That's what I thought. That is not what my forehead now thinks whenever I get up.

I assume people mean things they don't mean pretty often. Its common with my mom; hence why i get nervous about talking to her about things, even if she's really a very nice person...

every january, no matter my willpower at the time, i always end up buying a build-a-bear

Don't even ask me why; I have so many that I'm just giving them away as gifts and stuff

every january, no matter my willpower at the time, i always end up buying a build-a-bear

Don't even ask me why; I have so many that I'm just giving them away as gifts and stuff

Just wanted to post to say: I wish i could make a build a bear too xD;

Back
Top Bottom