• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

PMD2 Wondermail Experiments (spoilers!)

Crazy Weavile

HAI GUYZ
So, I was wishing I could go to The Nightmare again in PMD2. Accordingly, I tried to generate a New Dungeon Wondermail for it.

Did it work? I've tried several other dungeons that aren't on the menu. The results are below:

The Nightmare: Couldn't take job- however, I did get an otherwise unused message stating that it must be outdated, so it's not a total loss.

Quicksand Pit: Display name is actually Quicksand Cave,which is odd, but it has the same "outdated" message. This makes me think Quicksand Pit might actually be simply the lower floors of Quicksand Cave.

Rock Path: Again, the "outdated" message.

Ice Aegis Cave: Displayed as Aegis Cave, and "outdated". I'm pretty sure now that sub-dungeons are in fact the lower floors of their associated dungeons; there would be no other reason for them to be displayed as such. As such, I see no reason to test the other sub-dungeons.

Sealed Ruin: Outdated. A shame, really; if Chunsoft allowed players to reenter the future dungeons/paths after clearing the post-story, it'd add a lot of replay value to the game.

For anyone who's wondering what the "outdated" message is:

That's odd! This job's location is
Dungeon Name
This appears to be outdated.

Yeah.

I'm going to further test dungeons (and start on Decoy/item research) later. Wish me luck!

Findings:

-Sub-dungeons are displayed as, and, I suspect, the lower floors of, their parent dungeons.
-One-time dungeons cannot be accessed by Wondermail; the mail goes through, but you can't take the mission.

I saw a code that put unlocks all dungeons (even the beta dummy test dungeons, but I don't know about the future/sub dungeons,) and it won't work for me because it's for darkness.

Keep doing this, Crazy Weavile!

Last edited:
Thank you.

Test dungeons? Those sound interesting. Try to find one for Time, and post anything you find here. Also of interest would be the paralyzed Treeshroud Forest- is it a switch that changes the dungeon's palette (and, IIRC, a few encounters), or is it a separate dungeon.

I'm going to post the results of Decoy testing later today.

I've tried the all dungeons code in Darkness. It's pretty cool, but some dungeons are messed up. The best part is that you can go to any of the sub dungeons from the menu, but they're just listed as repeats of the main dungeons. i.e., Temporal Tower is listed three times; the first is Temporal Tower, the second is Temporal Spire, and the third is Temporal Pinnacle.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, all the future dungeons are available, and I assume that you can do missions in them, but I'm not sure.

Last edited:
So... they ARE distinct dungeons, but they use the names of the parent dungeons?

Odd. One would think it'd be easier to test if you could tell them apart.

I wouldn't be sure- the code preventing me from taking missions to unlock them may apply anyway.

Unfortunately, I can't find the unlock all dungeons code for time. It only comes up with the code for darkness.

Crazy Weavile said:
Try to find one for Time, and post anything you find here. Also of interest would be the paralyzed Treeshroud Forest- is it a switch that changes the dungeon's palette (and, IIRC, a few encounters), or is it a separate dungeon.
There's such a dungeon? Or are you talking about Dusk Forest?

Last edited:
I created the code for time!

Unlock all dungeons:

C0000000 00000007
122A26DA 0000FFFF
DC000000 00000002
D2000000 00000000

Since the dungeons are on the list, you will not get the outdated message or the "You can't handle this job yet!" message, and you can do missions there. The reason you couldn't before is because the dungeons were not on the list of destinations.

For Darkness:

C0000000 00000007
122A261A 0000FFFF
DC000000 00000002
D2000000 00000000

Note that going to places like the bottom of Sealed Ruins, Temporal Pinnacle, and Beach Cave Pit from the menu, you'll end up in a boss battle. Some dungeons are listed as "Dummy," and going to some of these can freeze the game.

There is also a dungeon called Deep Concealed Ruins. It is listed after Concealed Ruins. It's 1 floor, and has the Test Dungeon tileset. Planned and cancelled, maybe?

Clearing the future dungeons will not take you to a post-story scene, it will give you that box when you finish it.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I can't find the unlock all dungeons code for time. It only comes up with the code for darkness.

There's such a dungeon? Or are you talking about Dusk Forest?

The first trip to Treeshroud, it uses a greyscale palette. I'd like to see if that's a separate dungeon or just a switch that modifies the palette.

I created the code for time!

Unlock all dungeons:

C0000000 00000007
122A26DA 0000FFFF
DC000000 00000002
D2000000 00000000

Since the dungeons are on the list, you will not get the outdated message or the "You can't handle this job yet!" message, and you can do missions there. The reason you couldn't before is because the dungeons were not on the list of destinations.

For Darkness:

C0000000 00000007
122A261A 0000FFFF
DC000000 00000002
D2000000 00000000

Note that going to places like the bottom of Sealed Ruins, Temporal Pinnacle, and Beach Cave Pit from the menu, you'll end up in a boss battle. Some dungeons are listed as "Dummy," and going to some of these can freeze the game.

There is also a dungeon called Deep Concealed Ruins. It is listed after Concealed Ruins. It's 1 floor, and has the Test Dungeon tileset. Planned and cancelled, maybe?

Clearing the future dungeons will not take you to a post-story scene, it will give you that box when you finish it.

...Deep... Concealed Ruins? Holy crap. Shame the name appears to be all that was left over, but...

Surprised they don't repeat the cutscenes; why bother telling the game not to play it next time if there is no next time?

Oh, and Decoy WMs won't work.

At this point... to Hell with Wondermail; it doesn't do much of anything. Let's shift research focus to AR.

What does the test dungeon tileset look like?

I wonder if there's anything in the first game...

Back
Top Bottom