• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Requests Closed Evolving sprite pets *closed for good*

KayKay

This is a little idea that came to mind and I'd like to try out.

Here you can request a sprite pet. They are little creatures that can be of an element. They have attacks and HP, which are really only for show but I guess if you wanted to battle them you could. For the most part, it's just a pretty graphic to look at.

You get ONE each... sorry, it's just to prevent being swamped. I can keep up if you have one each but several is just too much.

Your creature starts out small and weak. However, over time it will grow up and get stronger. How your creature will evolve is completely unique to your individual creature. You may have the same starter as your friend, but after they evolve there won't be another person who has another like it.

Here are the steps to take in gaining a creature:

1) Pick a creature out of one of the five available.
Grey = No type
Red = Fire type
Blue = Water type
Light blue = Ice type
Yellow = Lightning type
2) Save it so you know where to find it (on your hard drive, or in your photobucket account for example, please do not link directly as my photobucket bandwidth and space will be exceeded too quickly - I WILL DELETE THEM EVENTUALLY SO MAKE SURE AND SAVE IT WITHIN A WEEK).
3) Any time you feel like it, request for it to evolve by picking 3 attributes you want about it to change AND a new name for it (they're all called Premey so far). It can include element also.
4) Wait for me to complete your creature's evolution.
5) I will alert you via PM (or if you'd prefer by another means let me know) that I am finished. Save the picture somewhere you'll remember it.
6) Repeat steps 3 onward for your creature if you'd like - you can have it evolved as many times as you like. Each time you do it will get a little bit bigger and stronger.

Here are the starters:

Premey-Plain.png

Premey-Water.png

Premey-Lightning.png

Premey-Ice.png

Premey-Fire.png

RULES:

1) Please don't spam. I'm pretty lenient with this one, just use your common sense.
2) Please don't badger me to complete requests. I'll take as long as I need and I'll get it done eventually, don't worry about me forgetting.
3) I'll have a "to do" list. If it's full, please wait a while before making a request.
4) When picking attributes for your creature's evolution, almost anything goes, but don't lump many changes and say it's one attribute (like don't say "for my first attribute I want it to have fur and a dog's nose..." no that's two things). If this happens, I'll just take the first three you say and ignore the rest. You CAN however say (for example) "give it a lizard body", this changes the whole creature's body plan but it still counts as 1 attribute. Choose carefully. The creature's name is separate, so don't worry about your creature's new name counting as 1 attribute - it doesn't. A change in element, however, does count as 1 attribute change.
5) Questions are always welcome. :)

To do:

1) Patar's Mobius evolving: Spires of ice on back, elaborate mask (black, with X and horns), add dark-type.
2) Kammington's Lord Beepdeboop evolving: Cool glasses, add poison-type, third pair of legs.
3) Dragonair's Bunnie evolving: Generally more evolved towards bunny-like, grass-type, make it look happy and cute. Re-name to BunBun.
4) Zackrinian gets ice starter called Geraldo, evolving: Ice horns, hypno-shaped body, cape
5) Involuntary Twitch's Kit evolving: Second set of legs, add bird claws on that second set of legs, black tips on features (wings, feet, head)
6) Mewtwo's Sparkle evolving: bluish-purple and psychicy, plus some more minor changes.
7) Flora and ashes Premey evolving: Flying (wind) type, add wings, and a cat tail. Rename to Kitair.
8) Magikarp gets an ice type named Vixen.
9) ThaosDM gets a fire type named FireEar.
10)

Last edited:
Re: Evolving sprite pets

Oh, that's so cute! I'll take the Lightning-type, please. :3 May I request its first evolution now?

EDIT: Although... not to nitpick, but I think the infoboxes could be a bit more streamlined, maybe with a pixel font and some prettier colors. D'you want a hand with that?

*nom*

i want the electric one too :3 name it nemo. NEMO.

OMG ADORABLE *squees*

...inner-five-year-old moment aside, I'll take the no-type one please. :)

I have a question, though: what types are we allowed to change it to? Is it just the five (four?) that are there, or are there more? (or are we allowed to make them up? That would be fun)

^if Flora's idea is okay, I would have a Psychic type one though.

Oh, that's so cute! I'll take the Lightning-type, please. :3 May I request its first evolution now?

EDIT: Although... not to nitpick, but I think the infoboxes could be a bit more streamlined, maybe with a pixel font and some prettier colors. D'you want a hand with that?

Here you go:

Premey-Lightning.png

Yes, you may request its evolution any time you like.

If you think it would bring improvements I appreciate your offer to help thank you. :) I'm not sure how to do fonts and I agree, the info boxes are a bit dull.

I am using web colours too, just to give it that retro video game look, so there is that limitation too that I think can be worked with, I'm just not used to geometric shapes and lettering.

*nom*

i want the electric one too :3 name it nemo. NEMO.

Here you go:

Nemo.png

Be sure to let me know you saved it for yourself so I can delete off my photobucket to save space.

Water type please~ Name is Sparkle.

Here you go:

Sparkle.png

Be sure to let me know you saved it.

OMG ADORABLE *squees*

...inner-five-year-old moment aside, I'll take the no-type one please. :)

I have a question, though: what types are we allowed to change it to? Is it just the five (four?) that are there, or are there more? (or are we allowed to make them up? That would be fun)

Here you go:

Premey-Plain.png

You can make up a type if you like. :) Let me know you saved the pic.

^if Flora's idea is okay, I would have a Psychic type one though.

You can evolve any of them into a psychic type once you have chosen one, but first you will need to pick a starter.

No type for me as well. Named Bunnie.

Here you go:

Bunnie.png

Let me know you saved the pic, thanks. :)

Saved. And as for fonts, there should be several pixel fonts in Paint (which I assume you're using). If not, this site has tons of them. You download them and save them to your fonts folder (which should be under your control panel if you're using Windows).

Anyway! I think I'll rename it (him) Kit, and when he evolves can he get a beak, wings, and air element (in addition to electric)?

I'll take the ice one. Naming it Mobius.

I'm such a Yu-Gi-Oh freak :D

I'll take a water-type one named Lord Beepdeboop.

Here you go:

Lord-Beepdeboop.png

Saved. And as for fonts, there should be several pixel fonts in Paint (which I assume you're using). If not, this site has tons of them. You download them and save them to your fonts folder (which should be under your control panel if you're using Windows).

Anyway! I think I'll rename it (him) Kit, and when he evolves can he get a beak, wings, and air element (in addition to electric)?

Sure I'll give that a try, thanks. Still choosing a good font, there's many choices! :D

Here is your creature evolved:

Kit.png

I'll take the ice one. Naming it Mobius.

I'm such a Yu-Gi-Oh freak :D

Here you go:

Mobius.png

could i get nemo to evolve now? i'll just.. list the attributes, i guess?

1) a tail of electricity
2) fedora
3) bigger. like, more evolved...? i guess.

Saved. I want him to evolve now :D Let's see...
1. His back should have spires of ice.
2. Give him a mask with an X on it and horns coming out.
3. Finally give him a Dark element and make him generally evolved too. :D

I don't have it saved yet, sadly.

I'd love an evolution, though.

Give it cool glasses (think Kamina), a poison element, and another pair of legs.

Back
Top Bottom