• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Russian Music

Shiny Grimer

Pronoun
she/her, they/them
Poor, poor Entertainment. D:

I'm studying Russian and trying to immerse myself as much as possible in Russian. I love music, so I figure I should combine these two things to have the best of both worlds. So, anybody know of any good music in Russian, by Russian artists, or about Russia?

Here's some stuff that I'm listening to:

Glukoza (Глюкоза) - She makes pretty standard pop. I reccomened "Sneg idyot", "Tantsui Rossiya", and "Schweine".

Nol' (Ноль)- They make some interesting music, but they're not my cup of tea. "Chelovek i koshka" is absolutely awesome, though. Another famous (relatively) song of theirs is "Idy, kuryu".

Misha and Natasha from Russia - Folk music. A guy, girl, and an accordian. Fun, eh? I like "Korobushka" and "Moscow Nights".

Cherubashka (Чебурашка​) - Not an artist (TV Show), but I like the songs anyway. Oddly introspective for children's stuff. Russia is so weird~ "Goluboj vagon" and "Pust' begut neuklyuzhe" are pretty well-known songs, aside from being awesome.

Kolibri (Колибри) - Indie Russian Pop music from the mid-90s. How many more labels can you slap on them? Take a look at Youtube for their stuff; it's rather weird depending on whether it's from their earlier or later albums.

Ok, I've shared, so now I hope you guys have interesting reccomendations. Feel free to reccomend any genre, so long as the music is in Russian or related to Russia.

Yeah, t.A.T.u. is actually a good band, whether you're fond of their image or not.

Not only do they have a Russian discography, but they often have an English version of all their songs, so that's gotta be some help~?

Haha, other than that the only Russian song I know is Bratja from FMA. >_>

Errr I like Russian music a lot too but I'm afraid I don't have much to suggest. The Red Army Choir is of course a pretty big staple of Russian music, as someone else said.

I'd say check out Vladimir Vysotsky. He's a very famous singer from the 70s, and a sort of cultural icon. I'd say he's sort of like the Russian Gainsbourg but no one knows Gainsbourg except French people and he's Russian too :v His wife, Marina Vlady, was a good singer too.

Modern-music-wise I'm not too savvy (except for t.A.T.u). I only know Vitas, who's a little guy with a voice capable of breaking glass. I like his music, personally, but you have to be into Opera-ish Pop. I could reccomend some good songs.

Back
Top Bottom