• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Rayquaza Forum

Well, all the people who have complained about this widget in this thread are intelligant people

I laughed. Sorry.

The site seems... okay, but I think maybe you should try accepting critisism a bit more than you are at the moment. If more people have complained about the flash widget thing than those who like it, maybe the intelligent thing would be to move it? Or just put it somewhere a bit more... out of sight.

Next, the name. And the admin's username. 'Rayquaza Forum' does sound a bit... I dunno, childish somehow, because it's just taking a Pokémon's name and sticking it in front of 'forum'. Most Pokémon forums you see nowadays are similar to that, except the 'forum' part is replaced with a location of some sort, usually home to the Pokémon is question - this is also unoriginal. If you think for a little longer, maybe you'll be able to think of a more suitable, appealing name.

It's perfectly okay for the admin to be called 'Rayquaza' if he/she wants to be; I myself used to be just Castform. It isn't particularly original, but it's your choice. The only problem is that it just seems a little strange to have the site and its admin having virtually the same name.

Now, as for your 'original content'... a lot of popular Pokémon sites have all of those things. 'Gym Leaders and Elite 4' = Wi-Fi league, and rather obviously any remotely established and well-known forum is going to have a reasonably friendly community, otherwise it wouldn't have got anywhere and would have... died.

(PS. I know I've already posted here. Shoot me.)

First of all, alot of poeple actually like a flash widget on wich you can hear your fav music,watch videos from youtube, and play games all in one. In my opinion, Its not really that bad, is it?

Second, I guess our forum is the most popular "Rayquaza Forum" out there.....at least more than your examples.....

Third, for an admin, using a pokemon name as a username is original, especially if its the pokemon on wich the forum is about. Last time I checked, this forum's admin's username is "Butterfree"....

Not sure if you'll listen to this, but:

If I wanted to listen to music while on a forum, I'd probably just turn on my iPod. Just how many people on your forum are making use of that thing? You might want to think about that; run a poll if you have to. If not many people are using it, there's not much point in it being there - and even if people are, there are probably better places to put it than at the very top of the first page people see when coming to your forum. Even the bottom of the page would be better. It's a bit of an eyesore, to be honest.

I don't have much to say on the content, other than that if you're doing a Pokemon site original content is probably one of the hardest (and yet most important!) things to come up with. The most original thing you have going for you now is the EV-training service that somebody else mentioned.

Also if over 9000 other forums have the same name as yours it probably is a good idea to change it. To stand out a bit more, you know? Just saying.

Ok so as you can see some of your advice has been taken go here. Its been updated since we advertised it.

We now have about 200 members and 3 open gym leader spots if anyone is interested just join and tryout.Also, were still open to any suggestions so feel free to give advice or suggestions.Thanks for checking our forum.

Last edited:
Ok so as you can see some of your advice has been taken go here. Its been updated since we advertised it.

We now have about 200 members and 3 open gym leader spots if anyone is interested just join and tryout.Also, were still open to any suggestions so feel free to give advice or suggestions.Thanks for checking our fourm.

It's spelled forum, kid. You're not gonna get anywhere unless you know what you're advertising.

Anyway, I advise getting a new skin. The green is unsettling and clashing. Also, get rid of that archives board at the end. It makes the rest of the forum look inactive.

I looked at it, and there are 2 things I don't understand.
1- If there are new posts, why does it show a Garratina?
2- My favorite pokemon isn't on the tiers list.

Oh, stop using sock puppets to argue. It's an awful tactic. The first two posters are obvious sock puppets. That's just tacky.

Umm Forums don't usually go very far. Not as far as websites.
I dont mind the layout but for a forum with 150 + members,
Wouldn't a better banner be better?

Umm idk but forums are fun and last quiet a while if you know how to maintain one...
The site is currently being remodeled(sp?) so you'll see constant changes.I'll tell you when the site is done.

Back
Top Bottom