• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

[TOWN WINS] ASB Halloween Mafia

Re: [D3] ASB Halloween Mafia

bagh, the ninjas. time to recalibrate for additional info/discussion

Still, there's no reason for or against taking Ghzoom's claim at face value -- and for that matter, no reason to assume he's town, since mafia-aligned bus drivers are at least as standard as town-aligned ones if not moreso.

Somewhat what I was thinking when I made the previous post. His claim would clear Cynder, so that would be a motive. Now that we also have a roleblocker claim, I no longer know what to think about all these blocking/redirecting night roles (redirector, jailer, bus driver, roleblocker) running around.

It might be of note that Gzhoom's and Cynder's claims don't really have much synergy as a like, combined mafia fakeclaim thing, so the whole claiming to clear Cynder thing is now seeming less likely.

I'm not sure I understand this wording of "switching the consequences", but I'd assume that it's about switching out who gets targeted by night actions -- id est, bus driving, which is a pretty standard role.

If Ghzoom is, in fact, a bus driver, then the targets of ILS and Sandstone-Shadow's actions (if any) are not directly affected, but Eifie targets ILS instead of Sandstone-Shadow, redirecting his action to Cynder. This is the likeliest resolution, assuming that Negrek is running a problem-solution oriented night action resolution. If Negrek is running a fixed-priority resolution, then it depends on whether bus drivers have the priority over redirectors (which gives us the same scenario) or the opposite (which results in ILS investigating RedneckPhoenix as stated and Sandstone-Shadow's action, if any, targeting Cynder in lieu of the original target, if any).

To sum it up, the two possible conclusions:
-Cynder is innocent and Sandstone-Shadow's hypothetical action has not been redirected (likeliest)
-Sandstone-Shadow's hypothetical action has been redirected to Cynder, if it exists, and ILS's investigative result is still irrelevant

Okay, I'd like to clarify this a bit first, to make sure I'm understanding it:

If Gzhoom is being truthful, my hypothetical action stays the same and all actions targeted at ILS are now targeted to me, and vice versa? So Eifie targeting me gets redirected to ILS, so we'd have Gzhoom switching Eifie's action from me to ILS, and Eifie's action switching ILS to Cynder from RedneckPhoenix? Is that right?

I would like to note that Cynder has said a few times something along the lines of "my actions haven't been successful so far," which seems like a realistic thing for a roleblocker to say, if they've been targeting people without noticeable actions.

I'll say I'm a little suspicious of both Gzhoom's and Cynder's claims right now, although I guess both their claims COULD be true? If Cynder's not lying, then what Gzhoom said doesn't change anything regardless of whether or not he was also lying (but it would reveal Gzhoom's role, perhaps).

I also blocked MF on N0, and no one on N1.
Either Cynder is lying or one of you action-disruption monkeys targeted him N0. My night action demonstrably went through that night.

(as plausible as "one of you action-disruption monkeys targeted him N0" may seem with the appearance this setup is taking on, Eifie and RedneckPhoenix have already claimed otherwise and Cynder probably hasn't roleblocked himself)

Either Cynder is lying or one of you action-disruption monkeys targeted him N0. My night action demonstrably went through that night.

(as plausible as "one of you action-disruption monkeys targeted him N0" may seem with the appearance this setup is taking on, Eifie and RedneckPhoenix have already claimed otherwise and Cynder probably hasn't roleblocked himself)

What about Gzhoom? We're still waiting on his previous actions.

What about Gzhoom? We're still waiting on his previous actions.

N0 I switched my consequences with SS in the blind hopes that SS would be mafia, they’d start off the game by killing one of their own, and we’d start off with the lead.

N1 I didn’t do anything because we didn’t get any info N0 and I didn’t want to make anything less clear or make anyone look like they were lying.

Last night, I was worried that ILS would get targeted because of how active they were, so I switched ILS and SS because SS made that error with names a while back and that was the best lead I had on someone who might be mafia.

Oh, two things to clarify:

1. Negrek informed me after N0 that he made an error in my info and that I shouldn’t be able to target myself.

2. I had SS confused with RedneckPhoenix, who was the actual person who got names mixed up. I targeted SS last night, but for a reason that wasn’t actually real in retrospect.

Ooookay. So, besides getting some clarification from MF on why he's suddenly accusing Cynder, I would still like to get some concrete clarification on how Gzhoom's role works. We've got multiple scenarios, and while they all KINDA lead to the same conclusion, I think the devil is in the details and it could be very important later.

Okay. A lot going on here, and I haven't read through all the action resolution stuff yet because I'm a bit distracted (will go back and read more carefully in a bit; not sure I'll have anything insightful to add about that though since it can really only be cleared up by Negrek sharing her action resolution order, which she may well not do until the game's over if she doesn't want to soft-confirm which roles are in the game), but I will say I'm tentatively siding with MF on the Cynder thing.

I'm the town gossip, or, uh... what else would it be called, a tracker? I think that's what I've seen called a tracker. I can tell who my target targeted on that night, anyway, so essentially what I do is confirm whether or not someone has a night action. Last night I targeted ZM, who did not use an action if he had one (doesn't mean he doesn't have one at all). N1 I targeted Gzhoom, who also did not use an action, which corroborates what he said about his nighttime activity above. Doesn't prove him innocent, but at least he's not lying about that, so he's low on my radar for now.

N0, however, I targeted MF (gotta know what you been up to after all this time, man!), and on that night I was told that he targeted Keldeo. No idea what he did, of course, and I don't wanna speculate for fear of painting unnecessary targets, but since he himself has confirmed that he Did A Thing I think it's okay to say that now. Clearly he didn't make an active mafia kill, as Keldeo didn't die that night, someone else did, and the current known chain of redirections doesn't imply that he attempted to kill them but it bounced to Superbird. But he did something, which corroborates what he's saying and contradicts what Cynder's saying, and so to me that makes it look like Cynder's lying here.

I will add the wrinkle that I don't get confirmation of what my target's action did to their target, only that they targeted whoever they targeted. It's possible that Cynder could successfully roleblock MF but I would still see MF's intent to target Keldeo even though it didn't actually resolve that way. Given that I know MF's not lying about being able to target someone, though, and that nothing bad seems to have happened to Keldeo as a result of said targeting, I'm inclined to believe him when he says he knows his action succeeded. Which means either something happened to Cynder's roleblock, or Cynder's lying about being a roleblocker or who he actually targeted.

I'm willing to hear other arguments and change my vote, especially if the action resolution resolution brings anything interesting to light or if Cynder has any useful clarifications, but for now my vote's on Cynder, on account of lyin' for any reason ain't helping town out very much right now.

(ILS clarifying the result he got might also be helpful here, although presumably it's "innocent" because I assume he would've spoken up if he'd gotten a "guilty" on RedneckPhoenix only to have the flip mark him as town. If ILS got "innocent" and his investigation was ultimately redirected to Cynder, though, I'm not sure what that means. I guess it's possible that I did only see intent to act rather than actual action, or maybe MF is actually scum/has a killing role and Keldeo was somehow able to bounce the attack targeted at them to Superbird on their own... but really, three redirecting roles? Seems a bit far-fetched.)

Well, I know who I targeted on N0 and I know what my action does, but none of you have any reason to trust me, so my lynching is inevitable. Either that, or the Mafia kills me. I'll vote for MF, because I have no idea how he managed to evade my block. Perhaps there is some sort of anti-roleblocker?

Well, with two people backing this up, I'm okay with going for Cynder.

Does your role have "bus driver" in it? Just want to make sure, because "consequences" could mean different things.

[...]

If Gzhoom's role PM does talk about "consequences", I think the second scenario is more likely.

Gzhoom, could you clarify these two things?

Secondly, is there a particular order of operations for Eifie's and Gzhoom's actions? I'm not saying for now whether or not I have a night action, but if Gzhoom's action happens first, then ILS's target would be my original hypothetical target, but if Eifie's happens first, then ILS's target would be Cynder. Right?

Gzhoom goes first:
ILS -> RedneckPhoenix -(Gzhoom switches me and ILS)> my potential target -(Eifie redirects me to Cynder)> my potential target
Me -> my potential target -(Gzhoom switches me and ILS)> RedneckPhoenix -(Eifie redirects me to Cynder)> Cynder

Eifie goes first:
ILS -> RedneckPhoenix -(Eifie redirects me to Cynder)> RedneckPhoenix -(Gzhoom switches me and ILS)> Cynder
Me -> my potential target -(Eifie redirects me to Cynder)> Cynder -(Gzhoom switches me and ILS)> RedneckPhoenix

If Ghzoom is, in fact, a bus driver, then the targets of ILS and Sandstone-Shadow's actions (if any) are not directly affected, but Eifie targets ILS instead of Sandstone-Shadow, redirecting his action to Cynder. This is the likeliest resolution, assuming that Negrek is running a problem-solution oriented night action resolution. If Negrek is running a fixed-priority resolution, then it depends on whether bus drivers have the priority over redirectors (which gives us the same scenario) or the opposite (which results in ILS investigating RedneckPhoenix as stated and Sandstone-Shadow's action, if any, targeting Cynder in lieu of the original target, if any).

To sum it up, the two possible conclusions:
-Cynder is innocent and Sandstone-Shadow's hypothetical action has not been redirected (likeliest)
-Sandstone-Shadow's hypothetical action has been redirected to Cynder, if it exists, and ILS's investigative result is still irrelevant

This is, of course, assuming all players involved have been honest about their night actions so far. ILS and Eifie aren't exceedingly likely to be running any anti-town gamuts, as their combined info just led to an earlygame mafia lynch in the previous day, and Sandstone-Shadow hasn't really provided information so far, so her end of it can't be considered honest or dishonest unless she's omitting something important. Still, there's no reason for or against taking Ghzoom's claim at face value -- and for that matter, no reason to assume he's town, since mafia-aligned bus drivers are at least as standard as town-aligned ones if not moreso. (his info does potentially clear a player, which is useful, but somewhat low-consequence for a mafiosx attempting to build rapport via a technically honest roleclaim).

I'm not yet convinced that Cynder is mafia. There are multiple situations above that lead to Cynder being innocent - in fact, I think both Eifie and MF have said that the most likely result of these situations is that Cynder is innocent.

I'm also rather suspicious of the fact that MF says he successfully performed an N0 action but won't tell us what it is. Kratos tells us that MF targeted Keldeo, but with so much switching going on, I'm skeptical. Kratos makes a good argument, but it could also be a lie.

(Also ILS targetted Keldeo N1 and Kratos N0, if I read that right.)

If I'm reading this right, RedneckPhoenix actually never revealed who he targeted on N0 and N1 - this only mentions who ILS targeted, but as far as I can tell, everyone else took this as RedneckPhoenix's targets.

Kratos tells us that MF targeted Keldeo, but with so much switching going on, I'm skeptical.

We know who was switched, though. On N0 I redirected ZM to Flora, and Gzhoom swapped you and himself. So I don't think the presence of swapping roles should be a factor affecting whether or not we think this is plausible.

If I'm reading this right, RedneckPhoenix actually never revealed who he targeted on N0 and N1 - this only mentions who ILS targeted, but as far as I can tell, everyone else took this as RedneckPhoenix's targets.

He told us he targeted Flora N0, and Kratos N1.

Re: [D2] ASB Halloween Mafia

I jailed MF but everything else is correct.
(Actually i jailed Negrek but then i picked someone else)

Actually, RedneckPhoenix clarified that he jailed MF N1 and had made a mistake when he said he'd targeted me. As far as I'm aware all of my actions have gone through, although I don't know how different Negrek's response to me would be if I were blocked vs. my target just not acting. Maybe they'd look the same and I wouldn't know that the negative result meant someone had stopped my action. Still, though, pretty sure MF was RP's actual second target.

I agree that it's possible ILS got an innocent result that may have ultimately been from Cynder, which is why I'm more than happy to change my vote if someone else can clarify, but right now he's a more likely candidate than MF or someone else and I'd like to make sure we get something done rather than nothing! Holding up Cynder as investigated-as-innocent can only really be done if we know the action resolution order, and again, Negrek may well not confirm that until the game's over, so we can't count on it. It's also possible that he's a scum role with a misleading investigation result, for example. Some games I've seen even have the mafia don investigate innocent (they've got the connections to make themselves look clean, I suppose), although I don't think that's too common on TCoD so I'm not really banking on that specifically being the case.

Keldeo may or may not want to clarify whether they know if MF could've done something harmful to them N0, but they may not have any idea, and they may also not want to reveal if they do know and whatever MF did was positive. I can certainly think of several reasons MF would want to be quiet about what his action was for his own safety while still being town. I'd give him a chance to respond first before being too suspicious about him not volunteering that info, and if he continues to be evasive about it, then yeah, maybe not coming out in full might look kinda shady. Not that worried about it right now, though.

Oh. I thought he said his mistake was saying he'd jailed MF. Also, this reminds me: ILS investigated Kratos as innocent N0.

Back
Top Bottom