• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

My Mewtwo Dosen't Love Me In Platinum :(

VelvetEspeon

The Mewtwo-loving Espeon!
Ok, I have Platinum now. It's my favorite Pokémon game so far, but here's my problem:

I traded my Mewtwo from Pearl to Platinum. Mewtwo is my favorite Pokémon, which you probably know. I'm fine with the fact he won't listen to me, since I don't have the right badges in Platinum yet, but he no longer loves me. He was also level 100 when he was sent to Platinum. I took him to the massage lady, (without the Sooth Bell) no luck there. I gave him the Soothe Bell, and he still dosen't even have just one heart on the Friendship Checker. The Footstep guy just said he thought I wasn't bad. Mewtwo has been like this for a few hours now. I really want him to like me again. Do I need Volkner's badge for him to even like me, or do badge's not count for happiness and only for if they listen to you or not? I'm worried he'll stay like this now. :(

Badges don't count for happiness. Happiness is reset when traded, and Mewtwo's base happiness is 0 instead of the usual 70. He will hate you for a while!

Stay with him longer. His friendship level is reset to zero or something, you just need to battle with him, keep the Soothe Bell on ALL THE TIME, and give massages every day to get him to love you faster. It might take a long time, be prepared.

EDIT: Post ninja'd. yes 0.

Thanks, but he can't level up anymore. But that footprint guy said he thought I wasn't bad for a human, so he doesn't appear to hate me. Thanks guys. Oh my god, if Mewtwo's base happiness is 0, then what is Giratina's?

Still 0. Most legendaries have a base of 0.

Just level it up a lot.

He's level 100. :sad: Stupid base happiness of 140 Clefairy has...that's just sickening...should of let me let Team Galactic keep the darn thing...I wish I didn't need a darn bike...otherwise I'd teach the programers a lesson. But still, Mewtwo and others with a base happiness of 0 deserve to be allowed in Amity Square more than the world's most spoiled Pokémon. Wow, I'm evil...but the programers aren't the best people ever, they made a pink thing happier than my favorite Pokémon...I don't hate Clefairy...just its base happiness of 140. If this keeps up...I'll have to be the PorygonZ-loving Espeon instead!

Please ignore most of this post.

Last edited:
Taking steps also helps a little bit. For every 255 tiles you walk (every time the step counter reaches a multiple of 255) Mewtwo gains 1 happiness point. It's not a lot, but if you hatch an egg, it's usually worth 20 happiness points.

Ok, I'll try making Mewtwo love me when I play Platinum. And he is keeping that Soothe Bell for a long time. I'm never, ever, giving a Clefairy a Sooth Bell now, though.

Doesn't matter if he likes you or not, the more pokemon you kill with him, the happier he'll become. (doesn't matter if he's level 100 or level 1).

If you lack the badges, he'll still disobey you, even if he loves you as much as possible.

Back
Top Bottom