• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Blastoise Fortooate VS. Legendaryseeker99

Good job with that Poison Jab, Silky! We might just win this yet.

Dive into that snow-pile over there. This will be cold but bear with me, your rockiness should help. Make sure that, unless you're attacking, you're surrounded by snow and/or ice. Throw up a Light Screen while you're at it, just in case. Follow with a couple of Air Slashes, or Poison Jabs if she gets close. Grass Whistle if she's invisible to you, has Double Team clones, etc.

Light Screen ~ Air Slash/Poison Jab/Grass Whistle ~ Air Slash/Poison Jab/Grass Whistle

Okay Rasvata, time to do some damage this round. First, Howl to prepare yourself for the rest of the round. On your next two actions, use Dig to hit Silkwing's weak point for massive damage. Don't stay under for long, just long enough for your opponent to feel the full effects of your attacks. After you hit her the second time, leap back into your hole.

Howl~Dig~Dig

Team Blastoise
1imko5.jpg

Sewaddle
Silkwing – female
<Chlorophyll>
Health: 56%
Energy: 86%

Team Legendary Seeker
1imko5.jpg

Vulpix
Rasvata - female
<Flash Fire>
Health: 82%
Energy: 89%

ROUND IX

Rasvata raised her head to the silent rocky outcrops above the quarry. With an almighty howl that echoed with a thousand more, her primal senses were sharpened, and she became the most dangerous Vulpix there was, taking the stance of a predator. Silkwing gulped, then skittered sideways and jumped into the pile of snow, spinning tiny sticky threads to make sure she was completely covered as she rolled in the Avalanche. After she was encased in a good amount of snow, she shifted the rest of the pile to redirect the light into a sort of wall, protecting her from attack to a degree. Shivering, but well hidden, she peeked out from her mound at Rasvata, but found that her opponent was no longer there.

Suddenly, the snow pile exploded, Rasvata flying upwards and plowing Silkwing upwards as well. The Sewaddle slammed another purple hand into Rasvata's face, punching an eye out as well as throwing the Vulpix back down into her hole. As Silkwing used its head-leaf to try to parasail safely back onto the pile, Rasvata reappeared from underground, sailing towards her target but undershooting and flying by beneath it. She snarled and raced back to her hole, but was thrown back by a gust of concentrated wind sent by Silkwing, who swept her head around in a slashing movement to both attack and secure her landing in the snow.

Round IX End

Team Blastoise
1imko5.jpg

Sewaddle
Silkwing – female
<Chlorophyll>
Health: 41%
Energy: 75%
Status: Feeling awesome in her snow fort. (Rock-typed; Light Screen active (4 more actions))

Team Legendary Seeker
1imko5.jpg

Vulpix
Rasvata - female
<Flash Fire>
Health: 65%
Energy: 80%
Status: Grrrrrr!. (+2 Special Attack; +1 Attack; -1 Accuracy)

Damage and Energy Calculations

Howl- 1% energy
Light Screen- 3% total energy
Dig- 15% damage, 4% energy
Poison Jab- 9% damage, 4% energy
Dig- 0% damage (missed), 4% energy
Air Slash- 8% damage, 4% energy

Notes:
-Poison Jab hit Rasvata in the eye, causing a slight Accuracy drop.
-The second Dig missed.
-The Air Slash blew Rasvata back and prevented her from returning to her hole.

Arena Notes:

- The quarry looks as if it has suffered an earthquake. The waterline has receded a bit (about 61 centimeters [metric ftw]) and cracks have appeared in the bare ground. 10-15 glowing rocks have dislodged themselves from the quarry walls and fallen to the center of the quarry. They are scattered around the center of the field like a few barricades. (such as the rocks in pewter gym in the anime) There is still a clear path between both battlers.
- The pond is mostly frozen, save for a Wailmer-sized sphere below the surface. Cracked ice with a Magikarp-sized hole in it covers the sphere. Two grooves filled with water run the length of the pool.
- There is a lerge pile of snow near the center of the frozen pool.
-Rocks are buried in the ice, and there is a large crater where Zephyr exploded.

Next Round:
- LS99 attacks, Blastoise attacks, I ref.

Go go complicated commands!

Dig all the way! If you are unable to hit her with Dig, (besides a Sub, of course) then Howl. If the above applies and you are Taunted, then Flame Charge around a bit.

Dig/Howl/Flame Charge x3

DID I MENTION SHE CAN FLY YET?

Fly up into the air, out of reach. I don't care how much energy it takes, just make sure you don't get hit. Only fly up after she digs down the first time, so she won't know not to attack. When she comes back up the first time, use Grass Whistle. Afterwards, use Dream Eater on her health if she's asleep and a swoop-in Poison Jab if she's not.

fly up and Grass Whistle ~ Dream Eater/Poison Jab ~ Dream Eater/Poison Jab

Team Blastoise
1imko5.jpg

Sewaddle
Silkwing – female
<Chlorophyll>
Energy: 75%
Status: Feeling awesome in her snow fort. (Rock-typed; Light Screen active (4 more actions))

Team Legendary Seeker
1imko5.jpg

Vulpix
Rasvata - female
<Flash Fire>
Health: 65%
Energy: 80%
Status: Grrrrrr!. (+2 Special Attack; +1 Attack; -1 Accuracy)

ROUND X

Rasvata redoubled her efforts and returned to her hole, burrowing at the bottom in a new direction. Seeing that her opponent was underground, Silkwing unfolded her enormous leaf-wings and flapped into the air; Rastvata reappeared and leaped towards Silkwing, who hurried and flapped faster to get away. Rasvata sailed by underneath, and Silkwing smoothly transitioned into a smooth hovering maintained by long strokes through the air. The Vulpix landed, and, frustrated at her inability to connect with the foe, howled again into the cavernous quarry, her fur bristling as the ancient winds of her clan blew around her.

Silkwing rubbed her two wings against her head leaf, one at a time, which caused her to glide in a small circle. The sound it made was soothing, and it resonated throughout the crags and cliffsides, but was lost amongst the distance and the echo of Rasvata's voice. Rasvata Howled again and felt her teeth scrape against her cheeks as they sharpened, and a series of tiny clacking sounds as her claws did the same against the rock. Silkwing peered down through her faceted eyes, and saw that Rasvata was still awake. She tucked in her wings and dove down, her tiny hand glowing purple again. Swooping past her snowfort (she made a ":P" face as she admired her craftsmanship), she plowed into Rasvata and knocked her off of her feet to slide across the ice, leaving visible scratches in it as she scrabbled to regain her footing. Silkwing returned to her aerial location as the round was closed.

Round X End

Team Blastoise
1imko5.jpg

Sewaddle
Silkwing – female
<Chlorophyll>
Energy: 63%
Status: Hoping all this poison won't have side-effects on her hands. (Rock-typed; Light Screen active (1 more action); Flying)

Team Legendary Seeker
1imko5.jpg

Vulpix
Rasvata - female
<Flash Fire>
Energy: 74%
Status: Thinking too primitively for words; thinking in pictures instead. (+2 Special Attack; +3 Attack; -1 Accuracy)

Dig- 0% damage, 4% energy
Start Flying (high)- 3% energy
Howl- 1% energy
Grasswhistle- 3% energy
Howl- 1% energy
Poison Jab- 9% damage, 6% energy

Notes:
-The Dig thing screwed up the flying and Grasswhistling; since Silkwing was waiting on both parts, it took two actions.
-The new scale is not for me, but I'm using it simply for the ease of a calculator. I will assume that all pseudo-fully-evolved Pokemon have 8 EXP, the maximum amount that will affect anything.
-No crits.
-No poisoning.
-Extra energy for the swoop.
-FYI I will be taking into account that Silkwing's wings are made of leaves and therefore they will be treated as giant leaves.

Arena Notes:

- The quarry looks as if it has suffered an earthquake. The waterline has receded a bit (about 61 centimeters [metric ftw]) and cracks have appeared in the bare ground. 10-15 glowing rocks have dislodged themselves from the quarry walls and fallen to the center of the quarry. They are scattered around the center of the field like a few barricades. (such as the rocks in pewter gym in the anime) There is still a clear path between both battlers.
- The pond is mostly frozen, save for a Wailmer-sized sphere below the surface. Cracked ice with a Magikarp-sized hole in it covers the sphere. Two grooves filled with water run the length of the pool.
-Rocks are buried in the ice, and there is a large crater where Zephyr exploded.

Next Round:
- Blastoise attacks, LS99 attacks, I ref.

I must've overlooked it when looking at the roster. There's a link to it in Blastoise's post before the reffing.

Since you didn't know and that definitely puts you at a disadvantage, but I don't want to re-ref the round, I'll say this: Silkwing can't reach a height to entirely guarantee a missed Special Attack (though she can still decrease the Accuracy of such moves), and if the wings are hit with fire they'll burn. I think that evens it up a little.

Gosh, fine, nerf my awesome wings whydoncha.

Fire off a Hidden Power. After, use Silver Wind if any flames come near you and otherwise use Grass Whistle.

Hidden Power ~ Silver Wind/Grass Whistle ~ Silver Wind/Grass Whistle

Cool story bro.

Rasvata, first off, Safeguard. Don't want you fall asleep. Then, use Faint Attack to appear directly above Silkwing, and try to ground her, preferably pinning her to the ground. Finally, hit her close-ranged with a Solarbeam, or an Energy Ball if she isn't pinned or in the air somehow.

Safeguard~Faint Attack~Solarbeam/Energy Ball

Team Blastoise
1imko5.jpg

Sewaddle
Silkwing – female
<Chlorophyll>
Energy: 63%
Status: Hoping all this poison won't have side-effects on her hands. (Rock-typed; Light Screen active (1 more action); Flying)

Team Legendary Seeker
1imko5.jpg

Vulpix
Rasvata - female
<Flash Fire>
Energy: 74%
Status: Thinking too primitively for words; thinking in pictures instead. (+2 Special Attack; +3 Attack; -1 Accuracy)

ROUND X

Silkwing concentrated on the power hidden within her; flapping her wings in an ornate sort of dance, she sent a wave of Rock-typed energy at Rasvata, who flew backwards into one of the holes she had dug. Rubbing her snout, she lit up her eyes with an eerie white light and enveloped her body in a soft white glow, protecting her from any unwanted hindrances. Good thing, too, because Silkwing began to rub two bits of her leaf-sweater together to make a high-pitched whistling, which would have made any other Pokemon sleep.

Indeed, The Omskivar began to nod off himself, before he heard Silkwing's cry of surprise as Rasvata appeared above her and dug extended claws as best she could into the Sewaddle's rocky hide. As they begam to fall, Silkwing frantically whistled again, but to no effect; Rasvata fired a close-range orb of glowing green energy than seemed to emanate life itself as it sank into Silkwing's back, causing her to reflexively retract her wings and sending the both of them crashing into the icy quarry with a cartoony impact noise.

Round X End

Team Blastoise
1imko5.jpg

Sewaddle
Silkwing – female
<Chlorophyll>
Health: 10%
Energy: 54%
Status: Feeling very useless. Rock-typed. Hidden Power Rock.

Team Legendary Seeker
1imko5.jpg

Vulpix
Rasvata - female
<Flash Fire>
Health: 38%
Energy: 65%
Status: Sore, but satisfied. (+2 Special Attack; +3 Attack; -1 Accuracy; Safeguard active, six more actions)

Hidden Power- 15% damage, 3% energy
Safeguard- 3% energy (4% upkeep)
Grasswhistle- 3% energy
Faint Attack- 10% damage, 2% energy
Grasswhistle- 3% energy
Energy Ball- 16% damage, 4% energy

Notes:
-The reffing insinuates that Leavanny is faster than Ninetales; this is not the case, it's just flavor. I'm in a flavory mood lately. If it had affected anything I would not have done it.
-Safeguard prevented Grasswhistling, but since there were no flames that's all Silkwing did.
-5% damage each from the fall.
-Hidden Power was Rock, complete with STAB.
-They were falling, but at point of Energy Ball they were still in the air.

Arena Notes:

Next Round:
- LS99 attacks, Blastoise attacks, I ref.

Okay, well, not much to do here.

Start off with a Taunt. End it with two Energy Balls. If Silkwing Protects or you are otherwise unable to hit her, Calm Mind. If you are Taunted (on the first action) or Silkwing flies up (any other action) use Extrasensory to smash her to the ground.

Taunt/Calm Mind/Extrasensory~Energy Ball/Calm Mind/Extrasensory~Energy Ball/Calm Mind/Extrasensory

Blastoise (XO)
sewaddle
Silkwing (female)
<Chlorophyll>
Health: 10%
Energy: 54%
Status: Feeling very useless. Rock-typed. Hidden Power Rock.

Zero Moment (XO)
vulpix
Rasvata (female)
<Flash Fire>
Health: 38%
Energy: 65%
Status: Sore, but satisfied. (+2 Special Attack; +3 Attack; -1 Accuracy; Safeguard active, six more actions)

Round eleven

It seems to take an age, but the referee finally raises his flag to signal round eleven of the grueling battle. Rasvata looks up at her trainer a little uncertainly when she hears her commands, not entirely sure if she's up to this particular task... But she doesn't want to let him down, so she shouts out the must creative insult she can muster:

"HEY, UGLY!!!"

Silkwing just stares at her blankly. The lack of response does nothing to deter Rasvata though, and she bounces around Silkwing, chanting "ugly" over and over. However, if Rasvata thinks this is doing anything to rile Silkwing up, she's sadly mistaken, as the Sewaddle is barely able to contain her laughter at the Vulpix's childish attempt at trash talk.

Still stifling a giggle, Silkwing begins to concentrate hard, drawing upon the evolutionary power of the cave to help with the difficult task at hand. She's relieved when she manages to materialize the bright orange bundle of energy, a powerful force that she certainly wouldn't be able to summon up under normal circumstances. Rasvata's chanting begins to falter as she sees the dangerous orb begin to fizzle and crackle with power, spitting off angry sparks. Finally, Silkwing can no longer contain the unstable creation, and she lets loose the hyper beam in one concentrated blast.

Rasvata gives a howl of pain as the blinding energy beam blasts her backwards, sending her stumbling over the shards of rocks. She's left blinking like an Noctowl from the brightness of it all, and her fur is considerably singed and ruffled. Nevertheless, she feels giddy with elation. She totally managed to get under that stupid bug's skin. Clearly her wit was just too much to handle!

Eager to follow up on her "success", Rasvata begins to draw upon the power of the earth, to summon up a small green orb of grassy energy. She spits the energy ball at Silkwing, who gives a shocked squeak as it strikes her rocky hide, exploding in a shower of green tendrils and sharp leaves. Silkwing wriggles her legs frantically, trying to remain upright, but eventually loses the struggle, and collapses on her side.

End of battle

Blastoise (XX)
sewaddle
Silkwing (female)
<Chlorophyll>
Health: 0%
Energy: 42%

Zero Moment (XO)
vulpix
Rasvata (female)
<Flash Fire>
Health: 24%
Energy: 59%

Blastoise gives a sigh and recalls the battered bug into her pokéball, while Rasvata gives a weak victory howl. It's been a long battle, and the trainers and their Pokémon are more than eager to get a rest. As usual, they teleport the hell out of there via the handy league Abra and leave the momentous destruction for someone else to clean up.

Battle notes

- By this ruling, it takes up an action to revert your type back from camouflage. Since Silkwing wasn't explicitly told to do that in the command string, I just went with her using hyper beam.
- Ninetales can't learn taunt. (They just can't think of creative enough insults, I guess?)

Zephyr, Rasvata and Silkwing get 2 exp/happiness points each. Mr. Wiggles gets one.
Zero Moment gets $16 and Blastoise gets $8. I'm really not sure what the monetary prizes are for the refs, since this battle was reffed by three different people, so I'll leave that up to the mods.

I count four refs (RespectTheBlade, Lord of the Fireflies, The Omskivar, and you). The prize is $10 and it gets divided and rounded down, so you each get $2.

EDIT: Which I'll be giving out manually, so don't claim it in the bank.

Back
Top Bottom