• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Need some help.

Noctowl

Everyone call me elf monster.
I want the team I have created online to do well, but I can't understand what I am doing wrong. So, I am going to post my Pokemon here. :)

Current team

Whimsicott
I think its 100 hp, 252 sp defense and 152 defense. Might need to check again though...somehow.
Calm
Prankster
Big root

Giga drain
Encore
Cotton guard
Leech seed

Seed recovering annoyer. Normally my lead if I am not using my Bronzong, who will be mentioned later.

scrafty
252 attack, 152 sp defense and 100 defense
Adamant
Shed skin
Leftovers

Bulk up
Brick break
Rest
Payback

My best Pokemon, works well with whimsicott.

Swellow
252 attack, 252 speed
Jolly
Guts
Toxic orb

Protect
Brave bird
Facade
U turn

Quite a good Pokemon! I would have named it after someone but it was male...

Reuniclus
252 sp attack, 252 hp
Modest
Magic guard
Life orb

Recover
Calm mind
Psychic
Focus blast

It sucks.

floatzel
252 attack 252 speed
Naive
Swift swim
Expert belt

Ice fang
Crunch
Brick break
Waterfall

My baby. Never getting rid of this one. This was the first Pokemon I ev trained.

Lucario
252 sp attack, 252 speed
Mild
Steadfast
Wide lens

Dark pulse
Psychic
Stone edge Need another move here, preferably something that can kill fire types
Aura sphere

Special sweeper.

Other Pokemon who didn't make the cut

Bronzong
100 hp, 252 defense, 100 sp defense.
Sassy
Levitate
Lum berry

Earthquake
Heavy slam
Toxic
Stealth rock

Only use him for stealth rock.

Alakazam
252 sp attack, 252 speed
Timid
Inner focus
Choice specs

Trick
Shadow ball
Psychic
Charge beam

Dies too quickly.

Excadrill
252 attack, 252 speed
Adamant
Sand force
No item yet. Life orb? Sash?

Brick break
Rapid spin
Earth quake
Hone claws

Dies after doing hone claws. Might edit and use in a sandstorm team one day

Daramatan
252 attack, 252 speed
Jolly
Life orb
Sheer force

Super power
Flare blitz
Bulldoze
Belly drum I..don't know Ramith told me it would do good.

Haven't tested yet but doesn't really fit in. Bulldoze sucks.

Jellicent
100 hp, 252 sp defense, 152 defense.
Sassy
Leftovers
Cursed body

Recover
Surf
Shadow ball
Toxic Might replace with calm mind.

The special counterpart to Scrafty.

Chandelure
252 sp attack, 252 speed
Modest
Life orb/Air balloon
Flash fire

Flamethrower
Shadow ball
Pain split
Energy ball

Sucks.

Rotom-o
252 sp attack, 252 speed
Modest
Shell bell/ White herb
Levitate

Over heat
Volt switch
Substitute
Ominous wind

Was considered a replacement for Chandelure. Levitate made it survive longer.

I can get online now, so I might be able to battle! ^^ I'm not very good though. I dunno if it is Pokemon choice or predictions though, so I have posted the Pokemon I have. I also have a nidoking but he is hacked to have sheer force so I don't use him online.

Friend code: 1635 9419 1817

Last edited:
Whimsicott would better benefit from an all-in physical defense ev spread, with 252 HP, 252 def, bold.

Scrafty should have maxed out HP and special defense, with a Careful nature. Replace Brick Break with Drain Punch. You could also consider removing rest to add either Dragon Tail to deal with Pseudo-Hazers, or Ice Punch to plow through Gliscor and Dragons.

Your Reuniclus sucks because it is too frail as a set-up pokemon. Max Hp, max def, bold, leftovers, same moveset.

EDIT: Try using Pokemon Showdown to try out stuff before EVing them for Online battling.

http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/lobby

I would have lefties on reuniclus, but I am not allowed two of the same item on my team according to the online rules. What would you recommend instead?

LO is okay, in that case.

I also suggest you change your Floatzel set to a Bulk Up Passer with Waterfall, Crunch / Taunt, Bulk Up and Baton Pass. Most of your team benefits from either the Attack boost, the def boost, or both. It would also make Floatzel decent in OU, as the pokémon itself is very lacking in competitive viability.

I can't understand what I am doing wrong.

Do I even need to say it?

Anyways, I'm confused as to why you are using Reuncilus if it is sucking. Like Quidam said, a more defensive EV spread would be better. For Whimsicott, I'd recommend putting Taunt on in place of Giga Drain, and Substitute somewhere. In my experience with Whimsicott, Leech Seed and Substitute are great for damage dealing, I'm not sure what Cott's Special Attack is like, but it doesn't have the defense to be fighting without being as annoying as hell. At least in my experience. And I know having no-damage dealing moves sounds probably sounds weird, but you can always Taunt before they can. One more thing, use Drain Punch or Hi Jump Kick over Brick Break on Scrafty, depending on whether you want bulk or power. Unless Reflect/Light Screen are a huge problem for your team.

That's all I have to say. It might not be the best advice, considering I haven't played competitive Pokemon in a while, and it was mostly UU anyway.

Do I even need to say it?

Anyways, I'm confused as to why you are using Reuncilus if it is sucking. Like Quidam said, a more defensive EV spread would be better. For Whimsicott, I'd recommend putting Taunt on in place of Giga Drain, and Substitute somewhere. In my experience with Whimsicott, Leech Seed and Substitute are great for damage dealing, I'm not sure what Cott's Special Attack is like, but it doesn't have the defense to be fighting without being as annoying as hell. At least in my experience. And I know having no-damage dealing moves sounds probably sounds weird, but you can always Taunt before they can.

One more thing, use Drain Punch or Hi Jump Kick over Brick Break on Scrafty, depending on whether you want bulk or power. Unless Reflect/Light Screen are a huge problem for your team.

I am trying to find another Pokemon to replace it. Alakazam is good when it can outspeed things, but priority kills it.

I did have a whims with sub/toxic/taunt/encore. I only have drain on there just to make sure it can attack in terms of taunt, and it can be good for healing when you are against the odd ground type.

Ah. That was laziness on my part. I thought drain punch was a tm when training Scrafty, and then ended up using bb as a compromise.

Ok, trying out some recommendations on that website. I am doing awesome! ^^

Is bulk up an egg move on Floatzel? *Goes to check.*

That's fine then. The only problem is that Floatzel is frail as a piece of wet paper. That's why she is fast so she can kill things before she gets killed. Unless she is holding a sash, I won't really use that set. ^^; I might test it online though.

necessary investment to guarantee outrunning base 108 is 200 effort; 110 requires 216, and 8 covers each point of base speed. unfortunately, there are things at each base speed between 108 and 115. speed is kind of a qualitative quantity.

with a bulk up set, go for however much speed you need, dump as much as possible into spd, and the rest into hp. prefer jolly or careful wrt nature.

Back
Top Bottom