• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Username Changing

Butterfree

Still loves Joltik, though!
Staff member
Heartache staff
Pronoun
she/her
The username changing hack we used to have a while ago is back and seems to be working fine, since I just changed my name with it. (Hover over my username on this post - you should see "Butterfree" listed as a previous username.) Same rules - you can only change your name once a month unless you make a typo or something and ask a moderator to fix it for you.

To use it, go to your profile and click "Edit Email & Password" in the sidebar, type in your password at the top and then enter the username you want to change to in the two fields at the bottom.

Fuck yes! Thank you, Butterfree! ... I typed that as Buttefree and I am deeply sorry. Though I don't know of any buttes in Iceland.

I would think you wouldn't see a previous username unless the person actually changed it since the hack was brought back. That might explain why the hover thing only works for BACHURU's username.

the link seems to be http://forums.dragonflycave.com/member.php?u=1%20title=. I suggest checking the quoting in the hack. I suspect it does something to the effect of <a href="foo title="bar">.

EDIT: additionally, /everyone else/ has an extraneous space at the end of the user link.

oh my god this is going to be so confusing.

also glad to see there's another mspa fan on here looking at that guy all the way up there.

Oh hey, a username hack. :D Hmm, should I resist temptation and stay as vaporchu or should I go ahead and shorten it down to vchu, like I want to....?

Oh, I made a mistake with the template edit in the vertical postbit template. That would explain why it was working for some people (including me) and not others.

I would like to point out that I would have done this weeks ago if Butterfree had only told me how. >:(

This is very... Interesting. I wasn't present for the original hack, but it's nice to know you have the ability to change your name, even if it's limited to once a month. But I have a question. Is it limited to once a month (ex. September transits into December and you can change again) or once in a month's period (ex. you change your name on September 25, and you have to wait around 30 days to be able to change again)?

Basically, do we have to wait around thirty days or so for the ability to change usernames, or do we just have to wait until the current month has ended?

I seem to be able to hover over the names of people that are online, but not ones that are offline.

(Also, I can't see "James" in surskitty's hover-over or "BACHURU" in Butterfree's; why is that? Will only some name changes show up in the hover-over?)

This is very... Interesting. I wasn't present for the original hack, but it's nice to know you have the ability to change your name, even if it's limited to once a month. But I have a question. Is it limited to once a month (ex. September transits into December and you can change again) or once in a month's period (ex. you change your name on September 25, and you have to wait around 30 days to be able to change again)?

Basically, do we have to wait around thirty days or so for the ability to change usernames, or do we just have to wait until the current month has ended?

September into December? :P

I imagine it's once per thirty day period, anyway, or possibly per twenty-eight day period.

Back
Top Bottom