• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Gen VI Metagame Predictions

Momo(th)

I swear I'm cool you have to believe me
Pronoun
she
The title says it all. Who do you think is going to be nailed with the ban hammer? Who should be OU? Lists are fine, as are in-depth discussions.

Here are a few of my predictions (I'm kind of short on time at the moment).

Undecided: Kangaskhan/Mega Kangaskhan: Should it be OU or Uber?

Uber:

Mega Blazekein
Mega Gengar
Mega Latis

OU:

Abomasnow/ Mega Abomasnow
Absol/ Mega Absol
Ageislash
Alakazam/Mega Alakazam
Azumarill
Bannette/Mega Bannette
Blastiose/Mega Blastiose
Charizard/Mega Charizard X/Y
Cobolian
Espeon
Ferrothorn
Florges
Foretress
Galvantula
Garchomp/Mega Garchomp
Gastrodon
Goodra
Gengar
Gyrados
Haxorus
Heracross/Mega Heracross
Heatran
Hydreigon
Klefki
Kyurem-B
Latis
Lucario/Mega Lucario
Mamoswine
Mawile/Mega Mawile
Pinsir/Mega Pinsir
Politoad
Salamence
Scolipede (with Speed Boost)
Scizor/Mega Scizor
Tentacruel
Togekiss
Tyranitar/Mega Tyranitar
Venasaur/Mega Venasaur
Volcarona
Zygarde

UU:

Ariados (cuz of Sticky Web)
Barbaracle
Carbink
Celebi
Chandelure
Clawitzer
Clefable
Dragalge
Dugtrio
Gogoat
Greninja (guys a beast:D too bad almost any priority move will kill it.)
Jirachi
Kyurem
Metagross
Noivern
Pyroar
Skarmary
Talonflame
Toxicroak
Whimsicott

RU:

Avalugg
Chesnaught
Furfrou
Gourgeist
Malamar
Slurpuff
Trevenant
Tyrantrum

NU:

Aurorus
Dedenne
Luvdisc

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Fair point:)

Also, what do you think of Magician Delphox?

It's not practically worth using Delphox itemless, and you could potentially screw yourself over depending on what item you thieve. Magician is more of an item hunter's ability for in-game use.'

As is, I don't see Delphox having a strong position in the metagame. Weak to SR, rather exploitable defensive typing, and a rather shallow move-pool, the only thing it has going for it is the potential to be a sweeper, and there are better fire-types for that, if need be.

And to append to that OU list:

Mega Lucario (I've seen some calculations for it's Bullet Punch, and yeesh out doing Scizor is now a thing)
Mega Mawile (Effectively base 259 Attack. 259! This is after Huge Power, but geez, that's beyond Mega Medicham and Azumarill)

Also, Azumarill has a good chance of being exceptionally higher in the metagame now. But in all, we'll see.

Blaziken is already ubers.

Also, staraptor is BL; talonflame > staraptor in terms of strength. There's no way talonflame would be UU. It'll be either BL or OU.

Kangaskhan will be either OU or ubers. A lot of pokes that're turned fairy will probably have a comeback; clefable, granbull, togekiss.

It's not practically worth using Delphox itemless, and you could potentially screw yourself over depending on what item you thieve. Magician is more of an item hunter's ability for in-game use.'

As is, I don't see Delphox having a strong position in the metagame. Weak to SR, rather exploitable defensive typing, and a rather shallow move-pool, the only thing it has going for it is the potential to be a sweeper, and there are better fire-types for that, if need be.

M'kay. I was trying it out.

And to append to that OU list:

Mega Lucario (I've seen some calculations for it's Bullet Punch, and yeesh out doing Scizor is now a thing)
Mega Mawile (Effectively base 259 Attack. 259! This is after Huge Power, but geez, that's beyond Mega Medicham and Azumarill)

Also, Azumarill has a good chance of being exceptionally higher in the metagame now. But in all, we'll see.

Added.

Blaziken is already ubers.

I know that. I'm just saying it'll obviously be banned with it.

Kangaskhan will be either OU or ubers. A lot of pokes that're turned fairy will probably have a comeback; clefable, granbull, togekiss.

I know Togekiss is going to be OU for sure.

Honestly, Mega Kangaskhan should be an Uber. It's pretty much unbeatable, unless you're super fast and have a super-effective move. Which is possible, but I've had one of those buggers knock out my entire team.

Greninja is gonna be OU because it can learn Rapid Spin. [/thatwasajoke]

Talonflame I could see being BL/high UU, if not OU.

Aurorus will be NU because of its godawful typing.

Florges will be UU at most, because Togekiss and Sylveon exist (Sylveon I can see being OU).

Helioptile would be really good last gen, but with the weather nerfs, I'm gonna say UU.

Noivern should be OU because Boomburst is amazing, but I'm not sure.

Mega gengar for ubers Shadow Tag OP pls nerf.

Honestly, Mega Kangaskhan should be an Uber. It's pretty much unbeatable, unless you're super fast and have a super-effective move. Which is possible, but I've had one of those buggers knock out my entire team.

I dunno. Basically any fast fighting type can kill it (the musketeers, Mianshao, Lucario, Infernape, Conkeldurrm etc.). But yeah, it's pretty cheap.

Florges will be UU at most, because Togekiss and Sylveon exist (Sylveon I can see being OU).

Really? Florges gets Aromatherapy and Wish, with a wonderfully high SD and reasonable SA.

Helioptile would be really good last gen, but with the weather nerfs, I'm gonna say UU.

Agreed.

Noivern should be OU because Boomburst is amazing, but I'm not sure.

It's SA stat is kind of low for it to really take advantage of it.

Mega gengar for ubers Shadow Tag OP pls nerf.

Yes.

Also, new question: should they make it so that all mega evolutions are OU by default?

It's SA stat is kind of low for it to really take advantage of it.

Also, new question: should they make it so that all mega evolutions are OU by default?

I just have a massive Noivern bias or something I guess. UU sounds about right.

And I think that Mega Banette will be UU at best. It's not nearly good enough to use over any other mega (it has a massive attacks stat and a great support ability, but no moves to take advantage of either and is too frail).

It looks like Gengarite is going the way of Blazikenite. Is Gengar really that powerful? I use it on Showdown, but despite it's pretty good moveset and Shadow Tag, I don't really see why it would be banned. Especially since Shadow Tag was brought down.

Back
Top Bottom