• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

blazheirio889 vs. Klutzershy

bulbasaur

Not quite e^(-(x-μ)²/(2σ²)) / (σ√(2π))
3v3 single
Style: Set
DQ: 7 days
Damage Cap: 33%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Attract, Destiny Bond, Perish Song. 1 direct healer per Pokemon.
Arena: Metal Room

A large, spacious room that can accommodate even the largest of Pokemon. The walls, floor, and ceiling are made entirely of polished, shiny, durable steel that is pretty much unbreakable. There is a small pile of twisted, broken pieces of metal in the corner, for attacks that may need them, and perhaps more besides... Other than that, there is nothing interesting about this room.

Pokémon

blazheirio889's Active Pokémon:

Cleffa
Nephilim
Cleffa with ability Magic Guard
0 EXP

Cradilybig-root
Phalanx
Cradily with ability Suction Cups holding a Big Root
6 EXP

Riolu
Neodymium
Riolu with ability Steadfast
0 EXP

Anorith
Adamantite
Anorith with ability Battle Armour
0 EXP

Zorua
Kreskin
Zorua with ability Illusion
0 EXP

Venonat
Lapudo
Venonat with ability Tinted Lens
0 EXP

Gastlylucky-egg
Rictal
Gastly with ability Levitate holding a Lucky Egg
0 EXP

Eelektrikthunderstone
Luciferin
Eelektrik with ability Levitate holding a Thunderstone
4 EXP

Mienfoo
Meihua
Mienfoo with ability Inner Focus
0 EXP

Whismur
Brainfart
Whismur with ability Soundproof
0 EXP

Klutzershy's Active Pokémon:
Mudkiplucky-egg
Tallgeese
Mudkip with ability Torrent holding a Lucky Egg
0 EXP

Mienfoowide-lens
Shenlong
Mienfoo with ability Inner Focus holding Wide Lens
2 EXP

Vulpixfire-stone
Altron
Vulpix with ability Flash Fire holding a Fire Stone
0 EXP

Minccinoshiny-stone
Heavy Arms
Minccino with ability Technician holding a Shiny Stone
0 EXP

Raltschesto-berry
Sandrock
Ralts with ability Trace holding a Chesto Berry
0 EXP

Oddisheviolite
Deathscythe
Oddish with ability Chlorophyll holding an Eviolite
0 EXP

Zubateviolite
Wing
Zubat with ability Inner Focus holding a Eviolite
0 EXP

Attack order:
  1. blazheirio889 sends out Pokémon
  2. Klutzershy sends out Pokémon and gives commands
  3. blazheirio889 gives commands
  4. I ref

Question: is the cage grounded? And do you want this battle to operate on realistic physics?

Last edited:
Uh, what cage? It's a room, so I assume it's grounded. And... I know jack about physics so what would happen if I said yes to realistic physics o.o

At any rate, sending out Luciferin the Eelektrik. Thanks for taking this!

I say cage since it's a Faraday cage. Electric attacks, if it weren't grounded properly, would ... behave erratically. There'll be a few surprises with realistic physics, but amongst those the Faraday Cage would be the most surprising/unexpected. There'd also be surprises with Fire attacks/heat expansion/atmospheric pressure/heat absorption, suffocation, etc. which I don't know if you'd want to incorporate into this battle.

And no problem :)

I... uh. I guess I'll say no to realistic physics then 8D; I actually just wanted a no-nonsense battle, except that was boring so metal.

Hum, hum. We shall go with Deathscythe.

Despite the enclosed space, try to make it sunny anyway; the increased heat flowing through should still be conducive to promoting chlorophyll activity. We'll then continue to set the stage with a teeter dance and leech seed. If Luciferan attempts to make it rain instead on either of its latter actions, or suppresses your ability on its first action, use stun spore instead.

Sunny Day/Stun Spore ~ Teeter Dance/Stun Spore ~ Leech Seed/Stun Spore

Right, then. While Deathscythe is busy making it sunny, give me a... 20% Substitute, why not? Because Solarbeams are nasty and may kill medium Substitutes. ): Anyway, after that, place your Thunderstone on the ground - don't throw it or anything, maybe we'll need it later - and end with Acrobatics.

Substitute (20%) ~ drop Thunderstone ~ Acrobatics

(why do you only get Flamethrower after you evolve)

While meteors crashed over the city of ASB Central, two trainers and a referee sought a respite from all that action, and thus came to a room completely made of steel. While the referee brought out the physics-distorting power vested in him, the battlers sent out their choice of Pokémon. Blazhy picked an electric eel which floated and examined his surroundings upon being sent out; Klutzershy picked out an inappropriately-named bundle of joyDOOM who leapt up and ran around in circles looking cuteDEADLY. Both got ready to battle, and the referee waved his flags to bid the battle begin.

Pokémon

blazheirio889 (OOO)
Active
Eelektrikthunderstone
Luciferin
Eelektrik with ability Levitate holding a Thunderstone
Health:100%
Energy:100%

Klutzershy (OOO)
Active
Oddisheviolite
Deathscythe
Health:100%
Energy:100%
Sunny Day/Stun Spore ~ Teeter Dance/Stun Spore ~ Leech Seed/Stun Spore

Round 1 begin!
Luciferin began immediately by making a likeness of himself; blowing life into it, he felt his lifeforce being transferred to this subordinate who took its place before him. Deathscythe was undeterred by this; she executed an intricate dance which had seemingly no effect at that moment from within the confines of the metal room.

Meanwhile, Luciferin decided that his Thunderstone was too cumbersome to possess come his next action, so he carefully placed it in a non-obstructive area before focussing on the preparation of his next move. Taking advantage of this lull in action, Deathscythe danced a wobbly dance that made the trainers and referee dizzy, but, as the referee noticed in his woozy view, had no effect on Luciferin as his Substitute forcefully covered his eyes.

Once Deathscythe stopped the dance, Luciferin's substitute moved out of the way to allow his master to perform his action. However, the room was getting somewhat warmer, and, taking advantage of this heat, Deathscythe moved first and produced some parasitic seeds, launching them at Luciferin; however, she was disappointed when they simply bounced off Luciferin's Substitute, landed on the floor, and withered. In retaliation, Luciferin, freed by the lack of burden from his Thunderstone, leapt agilely toward Deathscythe and dealt a series of nimble blows to the unsuspecting Oddish.
Round 1 end!

Damage and Energy Calculations

Action 1
Substitute: 10 energy, -20 health
Sunny Day: 5 energy

Action 2
Teeter dance: 4 energy

Action 3
Acrobatics: 15 damage, 6 energy
Leech Seed: 4 energy

Pokémon

blazheirio889 (OOO)
Active
Eelektrik
Luciferin
Eelektrik with ability Levitate
Health:80%
Energy:84%
Condition: Substitute (20)

Klutzershy (OOO)
Active
Oddisheviolite
Deathscythe
Health:85%
Energy:87%
Condition: Chlorophyll somewhat in effect (x1.5)
Sunny Day ~ Teeter Dance~ Leech Seed

Notes:
  • No critical hits
  • Warmer temperature can only affect growth to a degree; sunlight plays a more important role. Therefore, I've set the boost from Chlorophyll to 1.5x - and coming in on the last action since it takes a while for the room to warm up.
  • Substitute blocked both Teeter Dance and Leech Seed
  • Really, really sorry for having Luciferin's name spelt incorrectly

Arena Notes:
  • It is warmer than usual in the room (8 more actions)
  • Outside the room, it is very sunny (2 more rounds)
  • There is a Thunderstone lying in an unobtrusive spot on the floor.

Next round:
  1. Blazhy commands
  2. Klutzershy commands
  3. I ref

Last edited:
Little nitpicks: it's Luciferin, not Luciferian (kind of a big difference in meaning :P), and not sure how much you deducted for Eviolite, but it's only 1% deduction, not 2%.

Right, we're doing good, Luciferin! Let's zap Deathscythe (bundle of DOOM) with a Thunder Wave before doing anything else. If Deathscythe avoids it by Protecting or raising a Substitute, use Coil. And if Deathscythe has clones, Discharge and see if we can't paralyze her that way.

Then throw another Acrobatics at her. If she is Protecting and does not have a Substitute, Coil; if she has clones, try out your Hidden Power, and do spread it out.

Finally, if your Subsitute is gone, set up another - 10% this time. Otherwise, if she is not paralyzed and there is nothing barring your way (e.g. Substitute, Protect), Thunder Wave now. If neither of those conditions are met, Light Screen.

Thunder Wave/Coil/Discharge ~ Acrobatics/Coil/Hidden Power ~ Substitute (10%)/Thunder Wave/Light Screen

... Right, the name should be fixed. And also I forgot completely about the Eviolite but that should be fixed now.

Psst, sans the "a", not "i". :P I don't really mind all that much, just a pointer for future reffings.

And when I calculated Acrobatics' damage, I came up with (13 - 1) x 1.5 = 18; your calculator seems to agree with me. Initially I thought you took off 2% from Eviolite, but...?

Actually fff ignore me I thought Acrobatics was 130, not 110. Sorry about that OTL

Welp I am so not used to everything having Substitute at its disposal.

Speaking of, let's do the same. Substitute at 20%. Then protect yourself from the incoming acrobatics. Meanwhile, while you should encourage Luciferin to fall in love with you -- you even have matching substitutes! So much in common.

Substitute (20%) ~ Protect ~ Attract

It was becoming stuffy in the room, with all the radiating heat absorbed by the steel and the humidity captured by the enclosed area. There was one being that didn't mind this heat. That being jumped all over the rather spacious room and generally was deadly, cold, calculating, etc. etc. Other beings were having a miserable time, though, and the referee wasn't making matters any easier, with his calculations being done at half a kilometre an hour. But at long last, he was finished, and the Pokémon were readied, and the round was begun.

Pokémon

blazheirio889 (OOO)
Active
Eelektrik
Luciferin
Energy:84%
Condition: Substitute (20)
Thunder Wave/Coil/Discharge ~ Acrobatics/Coil/Hidden Power ~ Substitute (10%)/Thunder Wave/Light Screen

Klutzershy (OOO)
Active
Oddisheviolite
Deathscythe
Health:85%
Energy:87%
Condition: Chlorophyll somewhat in effect (x1.5)
Substitute (20%) ~ Protect ~ Attract

Round 2 begin!

Deathscythe, acting first, made a likeness of herself in a Substitute made of her life and energy. This new creation, leaping up and down along with its master, readied itself for whatever attack may come. But none did come, as Luciferin Coiled his body in a strategic form so as to be in an optimal position to attack, defend, and observe. He prepared to deal a series of blows - but found out that his opponent had set up a Protect shield before her, thus negating the Acrobatic strikes that went his way.

Letting this shield down once she was sure that Luciferin would attack no longer, Deathscythe prepared to woo her opponent, and the referee, with his powers and whatnot (this is a Mary Sue in the making), shut her mouth, leaving her (and her substitute's) gestures of LOVE unconveyed. But Luciferin would rather not receive these gestures, and to convey that lack of interest, set up a further shield to symbolize the rift between their feelings. A golden barrier established itself between the two opponents, alienating the two metaphorically </3

Round 2 end!

Damage and Energy Calculations

Action 1
Substitute: 10 energy, -20 health
Coil: 3 energy

Action 2
Protect: 8 energy
Acrobatics: 5 energy, would have done 17 damage

Action 3
Attempt at Attract: 4 energy
Light Screen: 1 energy+ 1 energy (upkeep)

Pokémon

blazheirio889 (OOO)
Active
Eelektrik
Luciferin
Energy:74%
Condition: Substitute (20), Attack +1, Defense +1, Accuracy +1, Light Screen (4 more actions)
Coil ~ Acrobatics ~ Light Screen

Klutzershy (OOO)
Active
Oddisheviolite
Deathscythe
Health:65%
Energy:65%
Condition: Chlorophyll somewhat in effect (x1.5), Substitute (20)
Substitute (20) ~ Protect ~ Failed

Notes:
  • No critical hits
  • Attract is banned. See my signature (on my profile, with LotF and Pathos)

Arena Notes:
  • It is warmer than usual in the room (5 more actions)
  • Outside the room, it is very sunny (1 more round)
  • There is a Thunderstone lying in an unobtrusive spot on the floor.

Next round:
  1. Klutzershy commands
  2. Blazhy commands
  3. I ref

This is a 48-hour DQ warning for Klutzershy. Please post your commands within that time lest you stand the risk of disqualification.

Deathscythe came to Klutzershy to receive her commands for the next round. Unfortunately, all Klutzershy did was stare at the metal wall. Assuming that she was lost in strategizing, everyone waited for a while before the referee checked to see if she was okay. When she finally came to, everyone agreed the battle be best over and left 'til another time so as to get Klutzershy's mysterious ailment checked out. But of course, the prizes preceded that. Handing them out, the referee surveyed the room before helping Klutzershy onto a Pidgeot and flying for ASB Central.

Klutzershy is Disqualified. Sorry! Prizes are as follows:
- 8$ to Blazhy
- 1 EXP to Luciferin
--> Which means that he gets to evolve
- 1 EXP to Deathscythe
- 5$ to me

Back
Top Bottom