• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Misreadings and stuff

Just a second ago, I was reading a Narnia book when I misread a chapter title as "ICWhatUDidThar" when it was actually "What Caspian Did There".

So there's this pizza-thing at the shopping center next to my school, right? And a good lot of the sign's long since been wearing away... So, half the time when I'm going home, I misread it as a big sign saying "JIZZ" instead of "PIZZA." Gets me every time, I swear... |D;

EDIT

Just a second ago, I was reading a Narnia book when I misread a chapter title as "ICWhatUDidThar" when it was actually "What Caspian Did There".
...Caspian, i c what u did thar? *maimed, oh God Loffy that was horrible*

We had a big giggle over one of my friends misreading "Outnumbered" as "Quantum Beard".
Read "big giggle" as "gig biggle". I don't even know.

I have so many of these it's almost not even funny. The only one I remember was a poster that said "Step Into Excitement" except that I thought it was "Step Into Excrement."
Did the same thing the first time reading that.

Ummm

"Cup" as "blockah" (yes). And "Lucy Pevensie" as "Oozy Popcorn".

Do not ask me how.

At a health fair thing at school once I read the word "DERP" in someone's presentation thing on depression. It was in all caps and the font made R and P look really similar!

I'll have to come back to this thread later, I have these all the time but I can only remember derpession

Every time I look at the word 'organisms' from a distance, I read it as 'orgasms'

So I somehow managed to read "Smash" (upside-down though) as "Hipsters" recently. i don't even.

And "I poor [sic] orange juice" turned into "I poop orange juice" ...um, what.

The first time I saw Pansage's name, I read it as Pancake.
And on the Pokémon Global Link page, I've several times read "tucked" (the most tucked-in Pokémon) as "fucked". Which is pretty damn disturbing.

I also once read "Sitback V.Alpha" on Deviantart(some thing for slideshows of galleries) as Sitback Vagina. what

As you can see, I have lots of these, and could probably write a whole book about all of them.

Last edited:
Every time I look at the word 'organisms' from a distance, I read it as 'orgasms'

Me studying for an exam said:
*reads her notes, sees organism and sees orgasm* NO *corrects to organism*

...WAIT.

(relatedly i once transposed the s and the c in "insect"...and almost did that typing this post *facepalm*)

I consistently misread a poster that said leadership opportunity as lesbianism opportunity. It kept tripping me up and I'd always get a little excited and then realize I had misread it and then I'd be all dammit :(.

when i saw the klondike bar comercial, i said "floor a kondike bar"......that was 1 hour ago.......

When playing Black late one night level grinding some of my 'mons for the Battle Subway, I briefly saw Ejacdrill instead of Excadrill when I leveled it up. That's when I was convinced that it was bed time.

I never misread. Ever. I just typo like a mofo when I'm tired, as #tcod can certainly attest to. /checks tcodquotes for any evidence

* Tailsy (Tailsy@host109-145-13-249.range109-145.btcentralplus.com) has joined #tcod
<Indigo> \o
<Kirutails> Hello, Tailsy!
<Tailsy> Indeed.
<daikonpan> Hi, Tailsy~!
<Tailsy> … why are you all saying high
<Tailsy> *hi
<Tailsy> well
<Tailsy> that ruined that.

The other day somebody was asking about good sore throat remedies in #tcod and I thought "Sore throat comedy? What are those, are they like comedies where people scream a lot or something what ?_?" until I reread it.

Haha that would be me. That was funny. :D

I do this a lot. I also mess up when I'm saying things. Like in D&D last week I was DMing and one of the players said they "Uppercut" the wolf that was attacking them, and I go, "Okay, you uppercunt-" then I caught myself. It was highly amusing.

Also I remember my mother and I were at the homecoming game (She went there when she was in school) and of course Minnesota is cold as fuck, so my mom tries to tell me her "toes are numb" instead she ends up saying "My noes are dumb." We laughed for like ten minutes.

Back
Top Bottom