• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Spriter's Showcase! Mk II

picture.php

Parremble, some sort of Chatot-evolution-not-really thing. Yeah.

picture.php

Parremble, some sort of Chatot-evolution-not-really thing. Yeah.

I like it a lot, really cute! You actually did good with the yellow, unlike most people! My only crit is that there is a pixel missing (well it would look better if there was one there) above the beak. it makes it look like the beak is partially detached. Also the shading of the note-tail thing makes it look flat (heh, and the birds based on a music symbol...). Try making the shading on that part focused toward the left (our left) and more circular shaped (more like oval).

How about these babies?:
the_three_wise_monkeys_by_silversail-d3au1n8.gif

Yes I know the Pansage's tail moves, while the others's don't. I don't feel like fixing it.

EDIT:
mokoutrainersprite.gif

Fujiwara no Mokou
If it does not show up, look here: http://silversail.deviantart.com/#/d3ckzup

Last edited:
Here's something I made out of boredom recently. Unnamed as of now.

qzlno3.png

Haven't sprited in a while. Hope it's not too bad.

Here's something I made out of boredom recently. Unnamed as of now.

qzlno3.png

Haven't sprited in a while. Hope it's not too bad.
It's a bit... plain. The design is fine, it just needs more shades, I suppose. Something to draw the eye in. Currently, the face seems like a smooth, flat surface. Also, the shadow on the belly mark doesn't reflect the shadow on the rest of the lower body. If it means the spot is empty, so be it.

Unrelated note: Nuu~ mah thread! MAH LEGACIIEEEEE.

It's a bit... plain. The design is fine, it just needs more shades, I suppose. Something to draw the eye in. Currently, the face seems like a smooth, flat surface. Also, the shadow on the belly mark doesn't reflect the shadow on the rest of the lower body. If it means the spot is empty, so be it.

Unrelated note: Nuu~ mah thread! MAH LEGACIIEEEEE.

I was thinking the same thing about the blandness thing, I just had no idea what to do with it. I think I'll just add another color to fix the shading stuff.

picture.php

A basic splice.

1. BLAARG, don't EVER save as .jpeg or .jpg, .png is the best
2. It's a nice try, but the overall look is a little busy, which takes away from the overall look of the sprite. When splicing, try to make the sprite fit together as if it were one sprite, instead of just pasting it all together.

New stuffz:
5UC2ZmRwkjhbDkFr8H0+zkDgagSEFwCORVMdQYQylhWsvnVYdQwW1qAGn3c4JhTFcLf5PDtUXoOUuQdnmZ1is1j+4D0WIVhQqGQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
UL7C2I8zEpOH4eSAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC
oWDPsT3662uWQNl8+2a3UYfawNCUmW7xcsAkDKcWRXB+V+hbHDIwZQNVfrc0t3KfwLyf1V+Az3p1Gw5KBbTAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC
tibbytrainersprite.gif

Vividolsprite.gif

lizeppersprite.gif

Wooperavataranim.gif

oOaft9qifX+xGBK3GyxanLZen8Ky9IrrfcnGTe96UvtrIt74XqwrDWE4h06tv9g2UCW3Ab+IvSRFPKVKwvLutu+79tI588tZfDekuy4lWr6KkhvNTVZl+i7xNgHGRNS7kxP+HzlGR+SPd1TRS35AaPQZ44ki0GPAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

1. BLAARG, don't EVER save as .jpeg or .jpg, .png is the best
2. It's a nice try, but the overall look is a little busy, which takes away from the overall look of the sprite. When splicing, try to make the sprite fit together as if it were one sprite, instead of just pasting it all together.

New stuffz:
5UC2ZmRwkjhbDkFr8H0+zkDgagSEFwCORVMdQYQylhWsvnVYdQwW1qAGn3c4JhTFcLf5PDtUXoOUuQdnmZ1is1j+4D0WIVhQqGQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
UL7C2I8zEpOH4eSAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC
oWDPsT3662uWQNl8+2a3UYfawNCUmW7xcsAkDKcWRXB+V+hbHDIwZQNVfrc0t3KfwLyf1V+Az3p1Gw5KBbTAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC
tibbytrainersprite.gif

Vividolsprite.gif

lizeppersprite.gif

Wooperavataranim.gif

oOaft9qifX+xGBK3GyxanLZen8Ky9IrrfcnGTe96UvtrIt74XqwrDWE4h06tv9g2UCW3Ab+IvSRFPKVKwvLutu+79tI588tZfDekuy4lWr6KkhvNTVZl+i7xNgHGRNS7kxP+HzlGR+SPd1TRS35AaPQZ44ki0GPAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC
Yep, that was when my computer would delete from all folders any .png file. It's fixed now, and I'm making scratches and splices in .png format.
I said it was basic...

Whoooah. I was about to pass over this thread and mark the forum read, and I'm so, so glad I didn't. Those are amazing, Starly. @_@ The Vividol one especially (guessing its name from its filename). I really like the, um, outlines? Like how everything is shaped smoothly; nothing jumps out and reminds me that I'm looking at something fit to the pixel grid.

The dark green part of the Lizepper is too dark, I think. There isn't much contrast and it just sort of melts together into one dark shape unless I zoom way in. (That might be my monitor, though; it's 2:39 in the morning and it's tinted orange so that it doesn't blind me. I don't think so, though; Axew's B/W sprite looks fine...)

yay second post!
please give me feedback on my sprites in my signature

Last edited:
@above im guessing youre just starting out right? Well, whethere you are or not, i have some tips for you:
1. You should never resize your sprites. You should just zoom in.
2. Your recoloring seems fine, but I think you should wait on doing stuff like regirainbowrock until you have more experience.
3. When youre splicing, always make sure that the new part seems to merge with the body.

Okay, so there ya have it!

@above im guessing youre just starting out right? Well, whethere you are or not, i have some tips for you:
1. You should never resize your sprites. You should just zoom in.
2. Your recoloring seems fine, but I think you should wait on doing stuff like regirainbowrock until you have more experience.
3. When youre splicing, always make sure that the new part seems to merge with the body.

Okay, so there ya have it!

Yes. They look too pixelated.

ANYWAYS, MY FAVOURITE SPRITE I HAVE EVER DONE!
(it's called Pokayoka)
Splice between Tropius, Cobalion and Cresselia
picture.php

Back
Top Bottom