• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

I am a new user

Sglod

pyew pyew pyew
Pronoun
any
Good day to all. My name is Sglod which means 'chips' (or fries to the North Americans) in Welsh.
My favourite Pokémon is Giratina and my favourite non-legendary is Mawile.

I first saw you post in "what games are you playing" and thought your name may have been Welsh!

Welcome!

Welcome stranger, have some tea and cod! Just be careful where you step, those carnivorous welcome mats really like to bite. I suggest using the other mats over there. And here, take this foam sword for protection. #ThrowbackThursday

So do you think you could teach me to pronounce Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch?

If you can read IPA, then it's [ˌɬanvair*ˌpuɬɡwɨ̞ŋˌɡɨ̞ɬ*ɡoˌɡɛrə*ˌχwərn*ˌdrobuɬ*ˌɬan*tɨ̞ˌsiljo*ˌɡoɡo*ˈɡoːχ].

If you can't, then it's something like:

LHAN-vire poolh-GWING-gilh go-GAIR-uh KHWERN-droh-boolh lhan-tuh-SILLY-og ogoh-GOKH

You make the LH sound by putting your tongue into the shape you would to pronounce L. Then you just blow, but not too hard, mind...

The KH sound is just the normal fantasy-y throat gargling thing...

What a weird language I speak, eh...?

Back
Top Bottom