• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Making Games

Quite a bit of time actually.

I have been playing the flash/non-flash versions of Super Meat Boy, as well as some Fancy Pants adventures to get me inspired to do some shit. I guess I could start making some YouTube updates of the games progress. They you could all hear my lovely voice (JUST KIDDING IT'S HORRID LOLOL GET IT BECAUSE I SAID LOVELY). If anyone could please give me something to record my screen with, then I'd be more than happy to just put some videos up of me animating. Maybe do something every... Saturday or Sunday? I don't know really. But yeah, I should have some more images up soon. I swear to god, this weekend I will draw some characters. I'll probably put up a flash slideshow or something on my New Grounds Dumping Grounds of some characters. I might even, if I'm feeling lovely, make a decent platform engine.

Christmas break is coming up soon guys, I'll do a lot of work then.

Maybe I should make a to-do list or some shit.... I don't really know. But yes, lots of stuff coming soon, be patient, making games is hard.

Last edited:
So I didn't do any walking sprites because they will be a pain in the ass but i started on standing sprites for enemies and have also decided that, while the other song was cool, THIS is a better fit. And is also cool.

So, I was doing work, and my computer got a virus. Long story short I got Windows 7 and lost all of my files. SO I'm going to relearn flash, and hopefully make a decent demo before this time next year. Sketches and Level designs coming soon.

So, I got GM8 Pro recently, and that has inspired me to continue with this. I made some enemy sprites...

foes01.png

...and I'm wondering what you guys think of them. The upright dude is a generic enemy who punches and bites you, the snake guy does a lot of damage but is slow, and the fleshballoon drops bombs on you or something.

LOLOLOL I DON'T HAVE MY COMPUTER BECAUSE IT GOT BROKE'D BY PEOPLE IN OUR GRADE, SO ALL I HAVE IS THIS NICE DESKTOP, POOR ME!

so sofa I think that in most games snakes are portrayed as really fast (I'm looking at you wind waker) are you trying to throw people off guard on purpose or what

so sofa I think that in most games snakes are portrayed as really fast (I'm looking at you wind waker) are you trying to throw people off guard on purpose or what

Unintentional. Actually, they move at an average speed, but their attacks give you a lot longer warning beforehand compared to other enemies, as they stretch their necks back and hiss before lunging.

What should I do next? More enemy sprites, or work on code/engine stuff?

Back
Top Bottom