• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Fifth Generation Evolutions?

Gen V kind of needs a large subset of legendaries, too, with all the renovating and not being just like the previous generations. And it didn't even get more than Sinnoh did.

Pokémon designer. That would be my dream job. And Superbird, me too. I really am waiting for Pyrannah (The flaming piranha Pokémon). There is absolutely no way they are running out of ideas. Just from looking at my bookshelf, I can generate:
A skeleton Pokémon.
A Knife Pokémon.
A ring Pokémon.
A tree Pokémon (slightly done with Eggsecutor, I know)
A Minotaur Pokémon.
A scorpion Pokémon.
A Cerebus Pokeémon.

And that's just one shelf!

Well, a lot! They've barely began to scratch the surface of plants and animals to use, and they've shown they aren't afraid to get obscure as far back as Gen 1(I bet very few of you know what Vileplume is based on!).

Vileplume is just plain obvious. Shuckle isn't.

I think Nindendo is trying to create a new generation of Pokémon fans that will feel nostalgic about Generation V. That might be the meaning of the "nova" in Unova. There are new bats, new jellyfish, new Rock and Fighting lines whose final forms require trading, and people say obvious stuff. The rules have changed as well: The Bug lines have different evolution methods, allowing cocoons to be strong, and there are other Pokémon that evolve on much higher level than their older counterparts. The rocks are harder to defeat. There's an NPC who trades exclusives with you, and there is another duo of exclusives that are gender counterparts. And there are Bug and Fighting legendaries, and some type combos that seemed impossible before (Fire and Bug? That's as strange as Fire/Grass).
Maybe Unova is in a different world with a different set of legendaries. Maybe there will be a Generation VII, in which they will introduce the one(s) that rule(s) this world instead of Arceus (and Giratina).

Some Pokémon look like they were supposed to evolve from Pokémon we had known before. Alomomola is already obvious, but Bouffalant resembles Tauros by appearance (not by gender ratio, however) and I could imagine Sigilyph as an Unown evolution.

Back
Top Bottom