• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Byrus vs Knuddeluff

Oops, yeah, I meant to add in the arena description that Pokémon can submerge themselves if specified to. Sorry for the lack of clarity.

Okay, you did good, so let's just try and land some crunches before you go down. Switch to dark pulse if there's a reflect up.

Crunch/dark pulse x3

Blech.

So, Sunny Day is screwing with us and, unless I can come up with something amazing (which I probably won't) soon, this battle is probably done.

Let's just be boring for now.
Scald thrice!

Scald x3

=Byrus vs Knuddeluff: Round Seven=

Byrus
PC9NyEI.png
PC9NyEI.png
PC9NyEI.png

stunky.gif

Ruiag ♂ @Black Sludge
Ability: Stench Mummy
Health: 24% | Energy: 35%
Base stats: [+3|-1|-1|-1|74]
Adjusted stats: [+2|-1|-1|-1|74]
all washed up.
Crunch/Dark Pulse ~ Crunch/Dark Pulse ~ Crunch/Dark Pulse

Knuddeluff
PC9NyEI.png
PC9NyEI.png
PTQRMNa.png

tentacool.gif

Womyn o' War ♀
Ability: Liquid Ooze
Health: 68% | Energy: 88%
Base stats: [-1|-1|0|+2|70]
all dried up.
Scald ~ Scald ~ Scald​

The battle took a short hiatus while the referee sidled over to Byrus and asked him a hushed query, gesturing at his notes on the arena. The trainer responded with a nod, which the referee returned before striding back to his spot and snapping his fingers in the air. As the sound reverberated across the lake, Womyn o' War suddenly felt the viscosity of the water break beneath her, plunging her into the depths of the lake. She thrashed wildly in surprise before surfacing, her body breaching the surface up to eye level and frantically searching for her bearings. Ruiag, meanwhile, was still supported upon the surface, trotting up to his bewildered opponent and sinking his fangs brutally into her gelatinous mass. This elicited a satisfying shriek of pain, her tentacles jutting above the water and swatting him away before rubbing gingerly at the savage wound left by his maw.

She writhed uncomfortably, even after the worst of the pain from the bite had deadened. Sure, it was nice and wet down here, rather than laying on the surface roasting in the hot sun, but that same hot sun had heated the water so much that she felt she might boil instead. At the very least she felt she might as well share her discomfort with Ruiag. She briefly submerged before popping her head back above the surface, squirting a jet of scalding hot water all over him, soaking and burning him all at once. He yowled in pain, the boiling liquid soaking into his fur and leaving angry red burns all over his flesh, making any sudden or violent movement excruciatingly painful.

As gingerly as he could, Ruiag scurried across the lake again, cringing at the pain of moving his scalded joints. Once he finally made his way back to Womyn o' War, he parted his jaws- not as far as he might have otherwise, owing to a jolt of burning pain that shot through his scalded cheek- and brought his fangs down on Womyn o' War's tender flesh again. A second jet of steaming hot water threw him off again, and when he tried to latch his fangs back onto his opponent, the aggravation of his burns by the heat sent a wave of white-hot agony through his burnt flesh. With a defeated yelp, he winced and abandoned his efforts, collapsing miserably in a heap.

A bubbling noise that might have passed for the Tentacool equivalent of a sadistic cackle sounded from Womyn o' War. Now was her chance. It was time to finish this oppressive shitlord. She sank for several seconds, taking a deep gulp of water before suddenly bursting up and breaching, sailing through the air in an arc over Ruiag and spitting boiling water over him all the way. The burning pain all across his skin grew more and more severe until finally Ruiag could stand it no more, silently collapsing and laying still and unresponsive. Womyn o' War splashed back down into the water and turned to inspect her handiwork; huzzah! Another victory against the evil patriarchy. Just wait until she write about this in her blog later!

Byrus
PTQRMNa.png
PC9NyEI.png
PC9NyEI.png

stunky
Ruiag ♂ @Black Sludge
Ability: Stench Mummy
Health: 0% | Energy: 26%
Base stats: [+3|-1|-1|-1|74]
Adjusted stats: [+2|-1|-1|-1|74]
knocked out!
Status: Atk-1, burned (3% damage per round, -3% final damage with physical attacks)
Crunch/Dark Pulse ~ Crunch/Dark Pulse ~ Crunch/Dark Pulse

Knuddeluff
PC9NyEI.png
PC9NyEI.png
PTQRMNa.png

tentacool.gif

Womyn o' War ♀
Ability: Liquid Ooze
Health: 45% | Energy: 76%
Base stats: [-1|-1|0|+2|70]
"I AM WOMYN, HEAR ME ROAR"
Scald ~ Scald ~ Scald​

Calculations
Ruiag's health: 24% - 8% (Scald) - 8% (Scald) - 8% (Scald) = 0%
Ruiag's energy: 35% - 3% (Crunch) - 3% (Crunch) - 3% (Crunch) = 26%
Womyn o' War's health: 68% - 13% (Crunch) - 10% (Crunch) = 45%
Womyn o' War's energy: 88% - 4% (Scald) - 4% (Scald) - 4% (Scald) = 76%

Referee's notes
  • the sun is shining brightly (three more actions).
  • a rather forlorn Black Sludge lays at the bottom of the lake.
  • the first Scald inflicted a burn.
  • the third Crunch missed.
  • Byrus sends out, and then Knuddeluff attacks first next round.

I was about to ask how a Tentacool could run a blog, but then I remembered Squidward can operate a cash register with tentacles, so your logic is sound.

Anyway, I'll send out Fiver next.

oh yeah this is something i was supposed to do forever ago

Knuddeluff is DQed.

Prizes: $16 to Byrus, $10 to me. Ruiag and Womyn o' War earn 2xp/happiness each, Tutankhamen earns 1xp/happiness.

Back
Top Bottom