• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

So I Herd You Leik Mudkipz

"Mudkipz" came from the hellhole of the Internets, in a little place called 4chan. In this place resided the massive black hole of the Internets, a deep, dark vortex of insanity and villainy called /b/. The people who lived here, called "tards," came up with a new form of expression, the meme. A meme is simply a fad spread around the interbutts, and is often cited in small publications, called threads, on /b/. One particular meme, Mudkip, actually started out in a site called DeviantART. One poster in this site asked an artist, "so i herd u liek mudkipz?" in which another poster replied, "I LUUURRRVE MUDKIPZ." Through means not known to humans, this event spread to /b/, where it became a meme. Now you know why Mudkip is popular on the internet. And therefore, I ask you: so i herd u liek mudkipz?

Well... not really. There was a time in everyone's internet life when they didn't know what a meme was; I had to ask a friend of mine what the importance of being "over nine thousaaaaaand!" was; and given this is the place for Pokemon-related discussion, it's the logical place to ask about mudkipz. :/

Good god... not 4chan. Oh, the horrible memories.
*Goes off into corner to cut self*

I think /b/ is the "Random" board on 4chan. (never been there.)

They have /a/, and stuff too.

/b/ is the hellhole of the Internet and the birthplace of Anonymous. He delivers, he has no mercy, and he is legion.

The people who lived here, called "tards," came up with a new form of expression, the meme. A meme is simply a fad spread around the interbutts, and is often cited in small publications, called threads, on /b/.

Oh god no. A meme is a unit of cultural thought, coined by Richard Dawkins in The Selfish Gene, which, while applying to what we see on the internet, has a much broader meaning as well. Each religion is a collection of memes in the form of traditions, songs, writings, etc., for example.

Back
Top Bottom