• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Mistakes on Pokemon Sites.

Yarnchu

Yarn is comfy and easy to wear
Before I start, let me mention that this is for the generaly truthful and well meaning fan sites like Bulbapedia and Serebii. So no, don't just find a random fan site with all these problems, but look for the informative ones.

Well, Bulbapedia's Deoxys page has some mis-information.

Originally, all of Deoxys's different "formes" were thought to be spelled as "form." However, after Giratina's Origin Forme was revealed, fans went back to check Pokémon.com, and the Official Emerald Players guide (published in 2005) to find that "forme" has in fact always been the official spelling.

Now I can't find my Emerald guide to confirm that it was spelled "forme" there, but in my Nintendo Power(not a crappy Prima guide) Firered and Leafgreen guide, it is spelled "form", not "forme", which means that is not how it always been.

Deoxys Trivia

Well, LegendaryPokemon.net has a bunch of improper Japanese names, for example they often replace "ru" or "ra" with "l" or "la" respectively. This leads to names such as "Latios" for Latios, when it's actually "Rateiosu."

Actually... Japanese Pokémon names are written in katakana, so the "proper Japanese" name of Latios would be "ラティオス". If you're going to translate them into the English alphabet, you might as well go ahead and spell them the way they're supposed to be spelled in English (Latios, not "Rateiosu".)

I remember one from Serebii.

On the old Pokemon of the Week page for Tangela, it tells you to put Synthesis in a battle moveset.
TANGELA DON'T LEARN SYNTHESIS :o
I'm not even going to try bothering to find all the typos on there...

On Pokemon.com (not Serebii or Bulbapedia but, POKEMON.com) they have the wrong evolution lines for lots of the stand alone pokemon who received evos in Sinnoh. For example, for Nosepass, it should say : Nosepass>Probopass. But it just says Nosepass. Unless you click on Probopass's evo page, it says Nosepass>Probopass. Same for II gen stand alones like Yanma.

Before I start, let me mention that this is for the generaly truthful and well meaning fan sites like Bulbapedia and Serebii. So no, don't just find a random fan site with all these problems, but look for the informative ones.

Well, Bulbapedia's Deoxys page has some mis-information.

Now I can't find my Emerald guide to confirm that it was spelled "forme" there, but in my Nintendo Power(not a crappy Prima guide) Firered and Leafgreen guide, it is spelled "form", not "forme", which means that is not how it always been.

Deoxys Trivia
you know instead of pointing it out here you could just, erm, post it at Bulbagarden? Or maybe, since you can actually do this, go fix it yourself?

FYI, "Official Emerald Players Guide" refers to the Nintendo guide, not Prima's (pub. 2005), so it succeeds the FireRed/LeafGreen guide (pub. 2004). I'll add that into the article.

Last edited:
you know instead of pointing it out here you could just, erm, post it at Bulbagarden? Or maybe, since you can actually do this, go fix it yourself?

FYI, "Official Emerald Players Guide" refers to the Nintendo guide, not Prima's (pub. 2005), so it precedes the FireRed/LeafGreen guide (pub. 2004). I'll add that into the article.

I know quite well what it means. If you reread what I said, I stated that my Firered/Leafgreen guide was the official one and not the one released by Prima. I also have said official Emerald guide but it has disappeared, so I can't verify whether it was spelled "forme" there or if it was "form" like in the FR/LG guide. I also don't have an acount at Bulbagarden so I can't really do anything about, and making one to mention such a simple thing is just plain silly. Anyways, the point of this topic was to point out any error on a reliable pokemon website.

EDIT: Actually, precedes means to come before, so its the FR/LG guide that precedes the Emerald guide, not the other way around.

PK's & Eevee's fake Skymin forme, anyone?

(That was hilarious!)

Saying "Skymin" means you're referring to its Sky forme; you don't have to say "Skymin forme".

Saying "Skymin" means you're referring to its Sky forme; you don't have to say "Skymin forme".

Guess I'm too old for this sort of thing. Kids these days... -grumble-

I could probably list everything wrong with Serebii's Mystery Dungeon section, but there's too many. @_@ Just go check it out or something if you play MD.

Serebii usually makes their guides before the English version comes out, and doesn't go to edit them after it does.

Kinda annoying, but meh.

Well, LegendaryPokemon.net has a bunch of improper Japanese names, for example they often replace "ru" or "ra" with "l" or "la" respectively. This leads to names such as "Latios" for Latios, when it's actually "Rateiosu."
The intended Japanese name is "Latios"; it's the name you'll find, for instance, on any official Japanese Latios merchandise that writes the name with the Latin alphabet, because the name is based on Latin (lateo meaning hidden, with the -os ending to indicate masculinity). Strictly, that makes it the "correct" Japanese name. Similarly, Vaporeon's Japanese name is officially intended to be "Showers", for instance, based on an English word.

In the game, however, they write the names in Katakana, which means they get slightly distorted by the limitations of that writing system: they have no "la", so they must write "ra"; they have no "ti" (only "chi") so they must write "te i" with a small i character (note that it is small; that's transliterated as "ti" and not as "tei" even when romanizing directly, the small i existing precisely to approximate more accurate transliteration of syllables like "ti"); they have no "s", so they must write "su". If you want to transliterate the Katakana directly, you'll get "Ratiosu", but that's just the closest Japanese approximation of the intended "Latios", similar to how "hanbaagaa" is the closest Japanese approximation of the intended "hamburger".

Anyway, I believe Serebii still has a mathematical error in the page explaining IVs (and explains the obviously incorrect result with "but these formulas are not perfect, so don't mind that!"), as well as claiming that IVs are the biggest influence upon a Pokémon's stats and that an 80-point stat difference between two Salamence can be the result of IVs (blatantly impossible).

Back
Top Bottom