• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What do you mean he's only that tall?!

I haven't watched much of the anime since season one. I only watch DP eps with Paul these days. :| (What can I say, he's pretty sexy)

That being said, why the fuck is roselia to damn tiny?! I mean, it's a supposed rosebush, right? Those things can get pretty damn big. When I saw it on Coloseum, I literally yelled out loud "Why the hell is it so tiny!?" which kind of angered my mom because it was around two in the morning. XD;;;

Nidoking is 4'7" and Nidoqueen is 4'3"... I was thinking they'f be way bigger. Well, at least I can say I'm taller than Nidoking...by two inches... :P
I was thinking Exploud would be bigger than 4'11" also. And Noctowl seems too big to me.

I was surprised at how small roselia is. 1 FOOT!? That thing should be atleast 2 and a half! How the heck is Budew supposed to grow then!

I'm also supprised at machoke, that thing should be atleast the size of a full grown adult, even by japanese standards. But it's shorter than a stinken 10 year old!

I'm also supprised that Salamence is that the shortie that has been said in this thread.

But the new #1 winner is....... Dunsparce! That dude is 5feet 11inches tall!:yawn:

Well, do remember that these aren't typical monsters, they are Pocket Monsters. =P

Charizard, Blastoise, and Venusaur are probably the ones that surprise me the most. I guess I'm used to imagining them as huge, but they aren't, they're my height. Though now that I know their actual heights, I like picturing them as smaller. More friend-like, somehow. xD

Bulbapedia said:
Roselia are normally 12 inches tall, but on rare occasions they grow up to the size of a human child...

Roselia are normally 12 inches tall, but on rare occasions they grow up to the size of a human child...

I kinda always thought Dugtrio would be a lot taller. It totally ruined my weird fantasy that a Dugtrio can pop up from under the ground and knock buildings over.

:< stoopid pokemons.

Yeah, I can't believe I forgot Torkoal in the "too small" category. I guess if 1'08" is the height of its shell and the length is something around 3 feet or so it wouldn't be too bad, but...
Unfortunately there's not really any way to tell when "height" actually means height, and when it's talking about length instead (Gyarados, Dratini/Dragonair, etc. are obvious "the listed 'height' is length, not height" ones, but most others aren't quite as obvious.)

That's a wiki entry, remember. 100% fan-made. It only says that as an attempt to explain why the anime made Roselia so much bigger than it's actually supposed to be... the obvious answer: the anime screws up sizes (of both Pokémon and humans) all the time.

Something else I just remembered: the size checker in the Pokédex is almost as bad as the anime when it comes to sizes. The number given rarely (if ever) matches up to the size that the Pokémon appears to be on the screen, even with the sprites scaled up/down... I'm guessing this is because the actual sprites are different sizes to begin with and the game doesn't take this into account when the scaling up/down is done.
Charizard, for example--it's supposed to be 5'07", but in the size checker it looks like it'd barely reach 5'00" even if it stood up straight. Blastoise too--5'03", but shows up as 4'10" at the most in the size checker.

I thought that Gardevoir and Gallade would be almost 6 foot for some reason. Boy was I wrong XD

I also thought that Roeslia would be around 2- to 2 and a half feet tall (mainly due to the pictures I've seen from the anime).

I kinda always thought Dugtrio would be a lot taller. It totally ruined my weird fantasy that a Dugtrio can pop up from under the ground and knock buildings over.

Dude, it's just a mole thing. Think about it: Dugtrio- the nice mole. They're NOT evil!

*finishes going through the whole thread*

...Why has no one mentioned Sudowoodo yet? In G/S/C (and later in Emerald), it blocks up all of a (probably) 10 ft wide path, then you look at its pokedex entry and it says it's four feet tall - I, for one, was expecting, y'know, tree-large-enough-to-block-a-road size.

At first I thought Charizard was about twice the height of my house. I thought the legendary birds would be a bit bigger too.

Since we use the metric system over here, seeing the Pokémon's height in feet means nothing to me, so I haven't really noticed this in a lot of Pokémon. Except Charizard, which I saw compared to a trainer sometime and thought "Why is it so small?"

The victory goes to 4'11" Salamence, though 5'7" Charizard isn't far behind.

Yup. I was so surprised when I found out that a Salamence is super short. I always thought of it as some huge bulking dragon, at least 6 feet tall.

A lot of legendaries are super small, too. I mean, 11 feet isn't exactly impressive for a Pokemon that created all the continents. And Kyogre is taller than Groudon, although it's "height" may mean its length... Which then Kyogre is really, really small. I mean, it's a legendary Pokemon, but it's smaller than a Wailord?

Not sure if it was said yet, but Metagross. That huge, hulking chunk of metal turns out to be shorter than me!
And Rampardos. It's also shorter than me - actually, it's the same height as Metagross. Maybe it's because of the sprite, but I imagine Rampardos as pretty damn big.

Back
Top Bottom