• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon battling tutition.

Espeon

Mmhm...
Pokémon battling tutition.

Well, okay, I was just wondering if people would be willing to tutor those less able then them at battling to improve their knowledge of Pokémon, what works and doesn't work, how to build a successful squad. I think this would be a good idea, as it gives those who aren't so confident, or compotent at battling a chance to fight well against those of us who are more well equipped for Pokémon battles.

Re: Pokémon battling tutition.

I can help but the only thing they wouldn't be able to get help with me on is a good squard. Right now I'm using Gengar, Gliscor, Hippowdon, Bronzong, Infernape and Lucario. I don't even know if that is a good team.

The only way to really do a one-on-one tutor kind of thing is over ShoddyBattle, unless you want to spend hideous amounts of time fighting with wi-fi. Other than that, what would you really do? Tell them how to improve their team? There's team rating for that? Discuss metagame trends or something? Why not type that up so other people can see it and start a discussion topic in this part of the forums?

I'm cool with Shoddying stuff, but I don't know how many people here are of the Shoddy crowd.

Hmm, well, I suppose if more people obtained this Shoddybattle, then it would be more than possible. I'd be happy to download provided it didn't cost me anything.

I would be willing to help out, though I am trying to get myself away from Shoddy Battle (which I already spend horrendous amounts of time on) seeing as I really need a WiFi team. Oh well.

EDIT: I've given this a little thought and come up with an idea. I think they did something similar on Smogon once.

Basically, we could do it so that everyone who signs up takes a signed up tutor (dunno how we'd determine who is or isn't worthy of being a tutor), and over a couple of weeks(?) the tutor basically patches them up on whatever aspects they aren't comfortable with [tanks, walls, sweepers, annoyers (and how they don't work), the tier system, the big threats each team should have counters for, etc.]
If the tutor and the, uh, apprentice? both use Shoddy Battle they could use it together and the tutor could watch a few battles and suggest changes for the team. And then at the end of the time limit all the apprentices have a tournament and see if they can use their new knowledge to win? (after making their teams on WiFi too)

It's just an idea.

Last edited:

I was thinking tutors could be tournament winners. But, I haven't a record of them. Plus, sometimes tournaments can be won by the opponent having to drop out, so that wouldn't be too right.

Ah. Well, I guess that rules me out as a possible tutor, then, seeing as I don't even have a proper WiFi team yet let alone one that wins tournaments.

Well, yeah. It's probably not a viable option. Let alone a good one. I came third place in a tournament or something due to some people dropping out.

I'm all for this, seeing as my team building and prediction are a little shaky and I could use this tuition.

Shoddy is free, apparently.

I have webspace I am trying to figure out something to do with. One of my ideas was a "how to battle" sorta thing. Smogon does have a tutor program, but nothing really newbie-friendly.

Back
Top Bottom