• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Five Countries

Vipera Magnifica

Aquatic Artiste
Pronoun
he/him
Okay, so the premise of this question is rather silly, but nonetheless, some of the answers I've heard from people are rather interesting:

The world is on the brink of destruction, yet you have the power to save five countries and their inhabitants from disappearing off the face of the Earth. Which five countries do you save?​

Note: While answering, please DO NOT be disrespectful of any other countries or other members' choices.

Singapore
Japan
Australia
Finland
Germany

Another suggestion for the thread:

Hard Mode: No picking your own country.

Last edited:
scotland. everywhere else can burn for all the scottish populace care

oh no sorry we need russia too. they like irn-bru for some reason

Wiki: list of countries by population

China
India
United States
Indonesia
Brazil

I don't think I would save any of them.

I've often wondered what it would be like if we all just disappeared. I wish we could push a reset button and just... start over, build society from scratch, except we'd make it better this time... but there is no such button. Maybe without humanity, there will be other life, and it will not be horrid to look at. Or maybe there will be only quiet. That's the end we're all headed for anyway, sooner or later. Someday there will be no more suns to sustain life. One by one the lights go out...

I think it is very late in the evening. I think we should all go back to bed. It's dark and we are tired, and it's time to sleep now. Forever.

I'm thinking:

China
Germany
Israel
India
Ethiopia

In an attempt to sample as many different ethnic, cultural, and religious groups as possible, while maintaining a focus on stability and population. I think this is a decent first attempt.

I'm thinking:

China
Germany
Israel
India
Ethiopia

In an attempt to sample as many different ethnic, cultural, and religious groups as possible, while maintaining a focus on stability and population. I think this is a decent first attempt.

Not insulting you or anything, I'm just curious - if you wanted both diversity and a high population, why not any of these:

Nigeria
Brazil
Indonesia
Thailand
France
Russia

I think these might be worth your consideration. I do apologize if I offended you, though.

Not insulting you or anything, I'm just curious - if you wanted both diversity and a high population, why not any of these:

Nigeria Shit human rights
Brazil Neutral
Indonesia Neutral
Thailand Prefer China
France Religious intolerance, homophobia
Russia Strong homophobia, scariness in general

I think these might be worth your consideration. I do apologize if I offended you, though.

I would agree that they are worth my consideration. In essence, I tried to
pick about a country per continent, thinking this would be a good first start.

Brief thoughts:
China for sheer population, number of ethnic groups and languages, variety of religious and spiritual traditions (Buddhism, Confucianism, Taoism)

Germany for population, representation of European peoples (though on second thought maybe I should exclude white people), secularism, democracy. Catholicism, Protestantism, Islam.

India for sheer population, number of ethnic groups. Buddhism, Hinduism, Jainism. Delicious food as well.

Ethiopia for African representation, population. I think it's one of the best choices for non-Northern Africa as far as human rights goes, but correct me if I'm misguided.

Israel is probably my most controversial choice. I want to include it for being a very stable Middle Eastern country and because I like Jews.

I would agree that they are worth my consideration. In essence, I tried to
pick about a country per continent, thinking this would be a good first start.

Brief thoughts:
China for sheer population, number of ethnic groups and languages, variety of religious and spiritual traditions (Buddhism, Confucianism, Taoism)

Germany for population, representation of European peoples (though on second thought maybe I should exclude white people), secularism, democracy. Catholicism, Protestantism, Islam.

India for sheer population, number of ethnic groups. Buddhism, Hinduism, Jainism. Delicious food as well.

Ethiopia for African representation, population. I think it's one of the best choices for non-Northern Africa as far as human rights goes, but correct me if I'm misguided.

Israel is probably my most controversial choice. I want to include it for being a very stable Middle Eastern country and because I like Jews.

*shrugs*

Can't fault your logic there, I suppose.

Anyway, I might as well supply the reasons for my own choices.

I chose five countries which I would enjoy living in and which I find deeply interesting.

Honorable mentions to the Netherlands, South Korea, Sweden, and Uruguay - these four countries barely missed my final cut. In fact, I originally had the Netherlands instead of Germany as my fifth choice, but I changed it on a gut feeling.

Japan, 'Murca, Australia, Iceland, and probably Russia. Those are all amazing, except for America (we SUUUCCKKK) but we do cool stuff so yeah >.<

Probably not America, but England and Russia (superpowers), China, India, and Australia. China and India for population and industry, and Australia because Australia.

Back
Top Bottom