The Cave of Dragonflies forums

Go Back   The Cave of Dragonflies forums > Non-Pokémon > Entertainment > Video Games

Notices

Old 02-11-2015, 05:23 AM
Uh, I didn't do it.

Pronoun: She
Phantom is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Phantom
Default Swooping is bad

Dragon Age Inquisitino has been out for a bit now, anyone here playing it? What do you think of it?
Old 02-11-2015, 12:02 PM
has a BONE to pick with you

Pronoun: Any
Equinoxe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Swooping is bad

I'm in the "want to play but can't" crowd, because my 4-year-old laptop can't really handle it. :C
I did manage to create a character and play a bit with the lowest possible settings because I just *had* to try. It does seem quite interesting from what little I played! I'm really interested in seeing what the new characters are like, and also happy that Varric is around :D

Bonus points for the more diverse character creation (I mean, you can pick the inner/outer iris colours separately! glorious!). Here's hoping I get to play it properly someday so that I can form a more refined opinion of it.

if something in the world seems right then it is what I know
this is where I want to be, so this is where I go
Old 02-12-2015, 02:18 AM
Strange days ahead

Pronoun: He
Byrus is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Byrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinoxe View Post
I'm in the "want to play but can't" crowd, because my 4-year-old laptop can't really handle it. :C
I did manage to create a character and play a bit with the lowest possible settings because I just *had* to try. It does seem quite interesting from what little I played! I'm really interested in seeing what the new characters are like, and also happy that Varric is around :D

Bonus points for the more diverse character creation (I mean, you can pick the inner/outer iris colours separately! glorious!). Here's hoping I get to play it properly someday so that I can form a more refined opinion of it.
Same here. My laptop is too old to play it properly. I was hoping to get the PS3 version of it, but it's gotten unanimously bad reviews with people saying it's a terrible port and was obviously only meant for the PS4.

I have watched some let's play videos of it on youtube and it definitely does look really cool. The worldbuilding is still pretty intriguing but I'm not caught up on it all yet. It's nice that they're letting you play as slightly less humanoid characters like the qunari, but I'd like it more if they went the whole monster boy/girl route and gave you something like the argonians from Skyrim.
Old 02-12-2015, 04:37 AM
Uh, I didn't do it.

Pronoun: She
Phantom is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrus View Post
Same here. My laptop is too old to play it properly. I was hoping to get the PS3 version of it, but it's gotten unanimously bad reviews with people saying it's a terrible port and was obviously only meant for the PS4.

I have watched some let's play videos of it on youtube and it definitely does look really cool. The worldbuilding is still pretty intriguing but I'm not caught up on it all yet. It's nice that they're letting you play as slightly less humanoid characters like the qunari, but I'd like it more if they went the whole monster boy/girl route and gave you something like the argonians from Skyrim.
You have seen the kassith right? They are so not human.

But yeah, I play it on 360, the graphics aren't the best, but they aren't terrible. I've seen worse. And the game is so fun and brings such good memories from the other games that graphics don't matter.
Old 02-14-2015, 02:18 AM
Pokemon "Gotta Catch em All Pokemon"

Pronoun: Male
xxashxx is an unknown quantity at this point

All you guys need to do is update your RAM on your computer to the maximum amount it can handle or buy a computer with 32 G's of RAM which is the highest possible RAM that you can get unless they have 64 now but I am not sure.:)