Default Re: Challenge Board

Looking for my first battle.

Format: 3 vs 3 single

Style: Switch

DQ: Two weeks

Damage Cap: 40%

Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKO, Perish Song, Destiny Bond

Arena Description: Pokémon Center Battlefield
One of the most basic battlefields is existence. About the size of a tennis court, but there is a space of several feet around the lines marking the official battlefield. The wind is strong, due to the Pokémon Center building deflecting it back onto the field.

Additional Rules: Basic-stage Pokémon only (unevolved/baby Pokémon). Due to the wind, special attacks are 95% of their normal accuracy.

Sprites from Pokémon Dream World
Old 03-07-2016, 05:48 PM
Dirty minds think alike~

Pronoun: She
Wargle is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacenBoy View Post
Looking for my first battle.

Format: 3 vs 3 single

Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKO, Perish Song, Destiny Bond

Arena Description: Pokémon Center Battlefield
One of the most basic battlefields is existence. About the size of a tennis court, but there is a space of several feet around the lines marking the official battlefield. The wind is strong, due to the Pokémon Center building deflecting it back onto the field.

Additional Rules: Basic-stage Pokémon only (unevolved/baby Pokémon). Due to the wind, special attacks are 95% of their normal accuracy.
I'll take this, my squads all babies and 1st stages atm
Old 03-31-2016, 12:06 PM
Non-Binary

Pronoun: they
Dumbang is an unknown quantity at this point

Format: 3 vs 3, single
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, Perish Song, Destiny Bond, Chills (3pPoké)
Arena Description: Windows XP
A temperate grassy field that expands until the edge of time. Entropy does not exist. The sky is clear, a total lack of clouds. Pokémon that require water to be mobile will, instead, float. This does not supply ground-type immunity. Moves that require a source of water/rocks etc are synthesized out of the air at no extra energy cost.
Additional Rules: First battle so Basic Pokémon that can evolve only please, thanks xoxo
Old 04-01-2016, 02:24 AM
The finchiest of widgets

Pronoun: he
Stryke is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Stryke

Aaaaaand I'll take you on.
Old 04-01-2016, 08:58 PM
Sleep Deprived

Pronoun: any
Cynder is an unknown quantity at this point

Format: 2 vs. 2; Single
Style: Set
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, Perish Song, Moves that knock the user out.
Arena Description: Ancient Arena
A large, flat clay area surrounded by a high stone wall.
10 meters tall by 24 meters in radius
Additional Rules If my opponent prefers, part(up to 1/4) of the area can be turned into a pool of water.Sglod and I have agreed not to use this.
Also, only basic Pokemon that can evolve, please, this is my first battle.

ASB Profile

ralts
ASB

Last edited by Cynder; 04-14-2016 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Player agreement. (No water), Gramatical errors
Old 04-02-2016, 10:30 AM
pyew pyew pyew

Sglod is an unknown quantity at this point

I shall take you on, Cynder!
Old 04-18-2016, 03:09 PM
Snake Friend

Pronoun: He
Vipera Magnifica is on a distinguished road

Format: 2 vs 2 single
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned/Restricted Moves: Moves that require the user to jump or fly are restricted to 2.5 uses.

Now hold on, I know what you’re thinking.

Well, TJ “Henry” Eifie, hear me out. In ASB, posting a command actually has three parts to it – when the “Post Reply” button is pressed, when the “Post Reply” button is held, and when the “Post Reply” button is released. Together, this forms one button press. Now, usually, it’s the pressing that’s useful, because that’s the only part that makes your Pokémon jump. However, sometimes it’s sufficient to just use the holding part. So, what happens if you start the battle while holding the “Post Reply” button? This is what we call half a button press. So, in conclusion, if you start the battle holding the “Post Reply” button and then use two more complete presses, then your Pokémon only used 2.5 jumping moves.

Arena Name: Watch for Rolling Rocks

Arena Description: This stage takes place in an arena identical to the Hazy Maze Cave level of Super Mario 64. Every round, there is a 20% chance that a large boulder will roll over one of the battlers, dealing 5% Rock-type damage. The arena is also full of Ledyba that will lunge at Pokémon who get too close to them. Each action, there is a 10% one of these Ledyba will deal 3% Bug-type damage to either Pokémon. It may be possible to use these Ledbya to one's advantage, however, since the bugs follow a predictable pattern and can easily be manipulated... That is up to the creativity of the battlers.

Additional Rules: Either player may command their Pokémon to use the move Hyper Speed Walking. The Pokémon will spend an action and 12% energy to build up speed and launch themselves four parallel universes away (1 QPU distance) from their current location. While in a parallel universe, a Pokémon’s actual position and the position used for floor detection separate, and so the Pokémon can continue the battle as if it was on the main battlefield despite being located in a parallel universe. While in a PU, the Pokémon has the effects of both Reflect and Light Screen applied to it for six actions, after which the battlefield will reset the Pokémon’s positon to the original universe. Each use of Hyper Speed Walking will also raise the user's Speed by two stages.
<Music_Dragon> well, it's a bit more complex than that.
<Eifie> yeah, I'm not so sure how much of that is real
<Veheeyem> Just imagine for a second though
<MF> people, you're being irrational
<Eifie> that's not a natural age
<Veheeyem> whoa take it easy, what's the root of all this negativity?
Old 04-18-2016, 03:33 PM
oh man, good times.

Pronoun: she
Eifie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipera Magnifica View Post
Format: 2 vs 2 single
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned/Restricted Moves: Moves that require the user to jump or fly are restricted to 2.5 uses.

Now hold on, I know what you’re thinking.

Well, TJ “Henry” Eifie, hear me out. In ASB, posting a command actually has three parts to it – when the “Post Reply” button is pressed, when the “Post Reply” button is held, and when the “Post Reply” button is released. Together, this forms one button press. Now, usually, it’s the pressing that’s useful, because that’s the only part that makes your Pokémon jump. However, sometimes it’s sufficient to just use the holding part. So, what happens if you start the battle while holding the “Post Reply” button? This is what we call half a button press. So, in conclusion, if you start the battle holding the “Post Reply” button and then use two more complete presses, then your Pokémon only used 2.5 jumping moves.

Arena Name: Watch for Rolling Rocks

Arena Description: This stage takes place in an arena identical to the Hazy Maze Cave level of Super Mario 64. Every round, there is a 20% chance that a large boulder will roll over one of the battlers, dealing 5% Rock-type damage. The arena is also full of Ledyba that will lunge at Pokémon who get too close to them. Each action, there is a 10% one of these Ledyba will deal 3% Bug-type damage to either Pokémon. It may be possible to use these Ledbya to one's advantage, however, since the bugs follow a predictable pattern and can easily be manipulated... That is up to the creativity of the battlers.

Additional Rules: Either player may command their Pokémon to use the move Hyper Speed Walking. The Pokémon will spend an action and 12% energy to build up speed and launch themselves four parallel universes away (1 QPU distance) from their current location. While in a parallel universe, a Pokémon’s actual position and the position used for floor detection separate, and so the Pokémon can continue the battle as if it was on the main battlefield despite being located in a parallel universe. While in a PU, the Pokémon has the effects of both Reflect and Light Screen applied to it for six actions, after which the battlefield will reset the Pokémon’s positon to the original universe. Each use of Hyper Speed Walking will also raise the user's Speed by two stages.
Hee hee! This one time at mage camp, I killed a hundred people with just half a curse!

And your logic is just plain wrong! Here on tcodf, it's the releasing of the "Post Reply" button that matters. If you just press and hold the button, you'll never get to post a reply! You could try dragging it to your address bar, but you still need to release the mouse button for it to go through! So I submit that it's impossible to have only half a jump!

I invite you to prove me wrong by posting a reaction video... on the battlefield!

Old 04-18-2016, 03:46 PM
Snake Friend

Vipera Magnifica is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eifie View Post
And your logic is just plain wrong! Here on tcodf, it's the releasing of the "Post Reply" button that matters. If you just press and hold the button, you'll never get to post a reply! You could try dragging it to your address bar, but you still need to release the mouse button for it to go through! So I submit that it's impossible to have only half a jump!
Okay "Henry"... maybe on the emulated version of TCoD that you are running, the way buttons work is different, but as for those of us running the N64 version – the way the forums are meant to be browsed – half a jump is entirely possible!
<Music_Dragon> well, it's a bit more complex than that.
<Eifie> yeah, I'm not so sure how much of that is real
<Veheeyem> Just imagine for a second though
<MF> people, you're being irrational
<Eifie> that's not a natural age
<Veheeyem> whoa take it easy, what's the root of all this negativity?
Old 04-24-2016, 03:28 PM
All the right shades, on the wrong page.

Zexion has disabled reputation

i'm awful and died at the end of last year, but i think i'm back and really missed asb.

Format: 2 v 2 single
Style: set
DQ: 10 days
Damage Cap: 45%
Banned/Restricted Moves: healing, OHKOs, Perish Song, 3 chills/pokemon
Arena Description: Laverre City - this battle will take place in front of the Laverre City Gym.
Additional Rules: Kalos Pokemon only (meaning only pokemon introduced in Kalos)
Old 05-18-2016, 11:20 PM
groove out!

Pronoun: they or she
Zhorken is an unknown quantity at this point

Ref test battle for Sandstone-Shadow; needs one advanced/elite ref to be the mentor, and one other battler.

The usual arena
2vs2 Single
DQ: One week
Banned Moves: None
Terrain: ASB Central Stadium

Although designed to be a state-of-the-art battling facility and located at the very heart of ASB Central's battle district, ASB Central Stadium actually sees very little use. Most battlers prefer the infinite variety of the holodrome's simulated arenas to the basic, if impressive, stadium field, and official tournaments tend to feature tours of other regions rather than a homefield brawl. There is one advantage to the stadium, though--its proximity to the holodrome grants it access to a full range of simulation options, allowing trainers to trick out their team to whatever extent they like before battling.

There's nothing much to say about the battlefield: it's a large, rectangular arena covered in astroturf. A circular pool will open in its center if a Pokémon requiring water to move around in is sent out. In this arena, Pokémon can summon absolutely anything they need for their attacks: tidal waves, boulders, and so on are in ready supply.

Other: This battle takes place between a referee and one other member. The referee will use their own team of Pokémon, but the other battler may choose either to use their own team OR choose any six nonlegendary Pokémon with any items and abilities to use for this fight. In the former case, their Pokémon gain experience as normal. In the latter case, they may choose to apply the experience earned by their rental Pokémon, minus one point, to their team in any manner that they choose.

The prizes for this battle are $20 to the winner, $10 to the loser, and $15 to the referee. This battle does not fill a battle slot for the mentoring referee.
Old 05-18-2016, 11:23 PM
The finchiest of widgets

Stryke is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Stryke

Can I be the other battler? I've been looking for a battle.
Old 05-19-2016, 12:56 AM
oh man, good times.

Eifie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhorken View Post
Ref test battle for Sandstone-Shadow; needs one advanced/elite ref to be the mentor, and one other battler.

The usual arena
2vs2 Single
DQ: One week
Banned Moves: None
Terrain: ASB Central Stadium

Although designed to be a state-of-the-art battling facility and located at the very heart of ASB Central's battle district, ASB Central Stadium actually sees very little use. Most battlers prefer the infinite variety of the holodrome's simulated arenas to the basic, if impressive, stadium field, and official tournaments tend to feature tours of other regions rather than a homefield brawl. There is one advantage to the stadium, though--its proximity to the holodrome grants it access to a full range of simulation options, allowing trainers to trick out their team to whatever extent they like before battling.

There's nothing much to say about the battlefield: it's a large, rectangular arena covered in astroturf. A circular pool will open in its center if a Pokémon requiring water to move around in is sent out. In this arena, Pokémon can summon absolutely anything they need for their attacks: tidal waves, boulders, and so on are in ready supply.

Other: This battle takes place between a referee and one other member. The referee will use their own team of Pokémon, but the other battler may choose either to use their own team OR choose any six nonlegendary Pokémon with any items and abilities to use for this fight. In the former case, their Pokémon gain experience as normal. In the latter case, they may choose to apply the experience earned by their rental Pokémon, minus one point, to their team in any manner that they choose.

The prizes for this battle are $20 to the winner, $10 to the loser, and $15 to the referee. This battle does not fill a battle slot for the mentoring referee.
I've never gotten the chance to properly mentor because all my mentees have mysteriously vanished after just one round. :C I don't have time to actually ref, but I can at least make time for this.

"idk, I'm bad at puns" -Keldeo, inexorable pundit of puns and wordplay
Old 05-22-2016, 05:50 PM
pretty good

qva is on a distinguished road

THIS LOCAL ASBER WAS DYING TO GET THEIR ASS BEAT. WHAT HAPPENED NEXT MIGHT SHOCK YOU.
pls fight me i suck at asb but it's been entirely too long. also i'm reusing this old stadium but if you'd rather have another then just let me know, i don't really care where we fight as long as it isn't too exhausting!
Format: 1v1
Style: ...Set, I guess?
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKO moves, perish song, endeavour, pain split, super fang
Arena Description: West of House
This is an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.
A rubber mat saying 'Welcome to Zork!' lies by the door.
Additional Rules: Standard battle. Pokémon choice will be private-messaged to the referee rather than posed in-thread.

Last edited by qva; 05-22-2016 at 05:51 PM. Reason: jk i want additional rules
Old 05-31-2016, 11:43 PM
Mudkip Mattser Wizard Master

Shadow11615 is an unknown quantity at this point

May I take you on, Nira? Luckily for you, I am only a noob.
Avatars I use can be found on deviant art. I do not own any of them. Their creator is Frostwindz. GNU Terry Pratchett, 42, and read my posts like you're trying to find a baby polar bear lost in a snowstorm.

Last edited by Shadow11615; 05-31-2016 at 11:48 PM.
Old 06-02-2016, 08:24 PM
pretty good

qva is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow11615 View Post
May I take you on, Nira? Luckily for you, I am only a noob.
yeah, no problem at all! ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Old 06-08-2016, 04:51 PM
Sir Dude-A-Lot

Kung Fu Ferret is an unknown quantity at this point

Format: 6v6 Single
DQ: 2 weeks
Banned/Restricted Moves: none
Arena Description: The ruins of a Colosseum in the middle of the jungle
Additional Rules: Lowest form Pokemon ONLY!

Challenge my "Smite" themed team please!

Last edited by Harambe; 06-08-2016 at 05:00 PM.
Old 06-21-2016, 06:15 AM
Sleep Deprived

Cynder is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kung Fu Ferret View Post
Format: 6v6 Single
DQ: 2 weeks
Banned/Restricted Moves: none
Arena Description: The ruins of a Colosseum in the middle of the jungle
Additional Rules: Lowest form Pokemon ONLY!

Challenge my "Smite" themed team please!
That sounds interesting. I'll battle you.

(By the time the battle takes place I'll probably have enough pokemon.)

ralts
ASB
Old 06-22-2016, 01:12 AM
Sir Dude-A-Lot

Kung Fu Ferret is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynder View Post
That sounds interesting. I'll battle you.

(By the time the battle takes place I'll probably have enough pokemon.)
Thanks! Take your time!
Old 06-22-2016, 02:58 AM
Strange days ahead

Byrus is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Byrus

I'll take Cynder vs Sglod.