• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

NEW THUNDERCATS

Aisling

Super Moderator
Please tell me I'm not the only one on TCoD who watched the new series premiere last night ): Anyone else see it? Grow up on Thundercats? Opinions?

I was just about to mention something about ruining my childhood, but looking at the new trailer, it's awesome. No annoying kids either.

I was gonna watch this, but I forgot to.
Anyway, I've never heard of Thundercats before this series, to be honest. Was the premiere any good?

SquishierCobra - um, I think it was Cartoon Network, but I'm not sure.

I enjoyed it, though I was disappointed there wasn't an intro or theme song at all. Maybe next week's episode will have one... It's got big shoes to fill though, 'cause the Thundercats theme is one of those classics, like Transformers.

Like, some people found Kit and Kat annoying but I thought they were really cute in this version. And I'll always love Snarf forever and ever but some people will appreciate that he doesn't talk anymore (SNEEAAAARRRF!). The plot and characterization is pretty different but some things are the same (like the design of the lizards and Mumm-Ra were basically left alone, they look distinctively Rankin/Bass and it brought back a lot of memories). All in all I think it's got a lot of potential to at least appeal to a new generation of fans.

It comes on Cartoon Network, by the way. Next Friday at 7:30 PM central time, whatever that means for anybody else.

Now that I know what time this airs, it will be like church for me. I will watch in any way possible.

Although the original series ended 6 years before I was even born, it aired in full on CN when I was just a year old. It was on Toonami, which was the foundation of my entire childhood and they killed Toonami in '08 which made me sad. Anyway, despite my age at the time, I still remember Thundercats. It's partly the root of my fondness for cats. Also my friends say I have some slightly feline behaviors. I don't see it, but hey, I'm not going to argue with it now. :3

But really why did CN have to get rid of Toonami ;_; It was THE programming block, it was my childhood!

Also WilyKat for the effing win, his new design is even more epic. He reminds me just a little bit of a cat-ified version of Aang from The Last Airbender...

Toonami was TH-E B-EST
ξ_ξ
I remember a show about a dude with this huge blond afro, does anyone remember that?
It was pretty weirdawesome.

Toonami was TH-E B-EST
ξ_ξ
I remember a show about a dude with this huge blond afro, does anyone remember that?
It was pretty weirdawesome.
You mean Bobobo Bo-bobo or whatever?

Anyway, I never really watched the old Thundercats. I might give this rendition a go though.

I caught about half a dozen old episodes in my extreme youth. And I love the theme song to this day!

The new version looks cool and I saw about five minutes of it.

I watched it all through my youngest years and yes! I watched the premiere =D I dunno about you but the style of art is amazing and Snarf is totally cute! I hated the old Snarf and I'm so very glad he can't talk now.

.... I loved the old Snarf ;_; I love the new one too. He even says "Snarf" really quietly and more animal-like but it's still there :>

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D FUCK YES THUNDERCATS

this is awesome. someone I know bought like all of Thundercats on DVD recently, I was so jealous. This is awesome though.

I really dig it. It's a little preachy considering the age of its target audience probably already learned the lessons its teaching, but it's beautiful so I can overlook that 030

Thundercats! I loved Thundercats when I was a kid, so glad to see new out there :3 And it's awesome from what I've seen of it so far so yay!

Back
Top Bottom