• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

what

Karkat Vantas

Virile God-Snake Tower of Masculinity
Okay, so the "Featured Section" is supposed to link you to a random page, but for some reason it always redirects me to the RBY capture algorithm page.

I... I don't even.

Butterfree did...something...to the site—I think it was the 5th gen. Zodiac—and that started glitching up while both were on at the same time. So she just set the Feautured Section to her favorite of them at the moment.

Not exactly. When I was trying to put up the fifth-generation Zodiac, it broke all the global server-side scripting on the site, including the hit counter, featured section, affiliate list, the little snippet I made to write out numbers in words, etc. I could not unbreak it without having an ancient program that I don't have anymore after my desktop's hard drive crashed. So basically I remade all that scripting in a clunkier form, where instead of the server keeping certain variables alive across all sessions it would calculate them on every pageview, in order to quickly get the site working again. The exception was that, since doing this clunky thing for the featured section would require the server to read a large file and do a bunch of manipulations on every pageview just in order to show a random section somewhere hardly anyone is going to bother looking at, I figured I might as well save that additional overhead and just have it go "LOOK LOOK THE R/B/Y CAPTURE ALGORITHM ISN'T IT AWESOME :D" at everyone instead until I could get everything working the non-clunky way again.

Then... I still haven't gotten anything working the non-clunky way again because I've had too much other stuff to do. Like writing about Dave and Mia watching paint dry.

Oh no, seriously, that's the current one. You don't follow her Twitter. ;3

...you sure your current obsession is Penn and Teller?
In the past month or so, I wrote a lengthy analysis of Penn & Teller Get Killed, seriously considered writing another one for the ten-minute water tank trick that they do, had withdrawal symptoms from Fool Us when it took something like a day for a torrent of the latest episode to appear, read Penn's book in the space of two days, spent a fortune ordering three magic books and a DVD with them from Amazon, watched just about everything they were in that I could get my hands on including an episode of Fear Factor, started making a website reviewing every episode of Bullshit!, and drew them as ponies.

So yeah, I'm sure.

(Dave and Mia aren't a current obsession so much as a forever-underlying surging-up-from-time-to-time one.)

so tempted but it would make no sense help
Someone tries a Penn and Teller "Fool Us" with the trick being "magically send people to the Morphic universe." And they get fooled.

You haven't met your "random person gets bamfed into alternate universe" crackfic quota, have you? :P

Ooh! Penn & Teller debunk pokédex myths! And Mia learns the concept of myths/urban legends!
That sounds a bit more like Mythbusters. O_o

Your challenge is to write crossover fanfiction combining Penn and Teller and Morphic. The story should use debunking myths as a plot device!

Nah, I'm with Negrek; the debunking myths thing sounds much more like Mythbusters. Even Bullshit was more "let's find crazy people who believe X and show everyone just how crazy they are, and maybe do a highly unscientific experiment because that would be funny". (Their upcoming Discovery Channel show, Penn & Teller: Tell a Lie, is apparently somewhat closer to that concept - supposedly it has a bit where Teller actually nearly gets into some sort of an honest-to-god accident involving piranhas, which the producers wanted to cut out but P&T begged them to keep because apparently it's hilarious and they're actually panicking and why is this not out yet - but being that it's not out yet and we don't know a lot of details, it could also be way off and we don't know what sort of style it will be in.)

Meanwhile, I just started writing something about Negrek's idea, meaning I have now officially written real-people fiction. I am joining the dark side. D:

Since a couple of people in this thread seemed vaguely interested in this abomination, I point you to the writing forum, where I posted it.

This should teach you not to give me ideas.

...this thread is so off-topic I don't think it even has a topic anymore, and yet the title is still curiously apt.

Back
Top Bottom