• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Stryke123 vs. Shadow11615

M&F

tikitok
Pronoun
any
[size=+2]Stryke123 vs Shadow11615[/size]

Format: 2 vs. 2 singles
Style: Switch
DQ: 5 days? That sounds good.
Damage cap: 27%
Banned/restricted moves: Direct Recovery moves.
Arena description: imagine a dirt arena, with about 6 rocks in it. Very original I know, but I want to keep it simple.
Additional rules: You can only face me if you currently only have unevolved pokemon in your team. I don't want to be challenged by someone with 6 perfectly trained pokemon because I'll get annihilated. I'm a new trainer, and I'd like to face someone else close to my level. No offense, anyone.

Stryke123's active squad

elekid Volkner the male Elekid <Static>
magby Flint the male Magby <Flame Body>

Shadow11615's active squad

mudkip Flop a Dop the male Mudkip <Torrent>
torchic Torchy the female Torchic <Blaze>
magikarp King the male Magikarp <Swift Swim>

Coin flip says...
-Shadow11615 sends out a Pokémon first
-Stryke123 sends out a Pokémon, then issues commands
-Shadow11615 issues commands
-I ref

Pretty sure I'm just under the wire here in issuing a command. I hope I'm right.... Volkner, I need your assistance! If flop a dop uses a non attacking move at any point, use magnet rise! Otherwise, hit em with a charge beam, followed by a Mega punch, and finish with an electroweb!!

Charge Beam/Magnet Rise ~ Mega Punch/Magnet Rise ~ Electroweb/Magnet Rise

Last edited:
Pretty sure I'm just under the wire here in issuing a command. I hope I'm right.... Volkner, I need your assistance! If flop a dop uses a non attacking move, use magnet rise! Otherwise, hit em with a charge beam!!
In ASB, you get to order three moves per round. I'm assuming you might have meant to use the same command for all three actions, but if you didn't, feel free to add a couple more.

If flop a dop uses a non attacking move at any point, use magnet rise!

OK. This ought to be simple: We'll just use non attacking moves all the way through.

Toxic~Yawn~Mud Sport

Stryke123 vs Shadow11615
Round 1

A gentle wind sprayed the dirt on the soon-to-be battlefield, gritting up the shoes of the two beginning trainers who met for their first battle. And then, suddenly, a wider and taller rush of dust kicked off the ground as an approaching wingbeat stirred the air.

“Ah... don’t mind the Aerodactyl. Just send out your Pokémon and issue your commands. You can start battling as soon as I give the signal.”

Two Pokéballs flew on each side: one to reveal a rather serious-looking Elekid, another releasing a Mudkip that seemed to glow with poise as his trainer spoke. The first battery of moves was called in, and the wave of a flag signaled the beginning of a new ASB battle.

imagine a dirt arena, with about 6 rocks in it. Very original I know, but I want to keep it simple.
Arena status: Unchanged.

Stryke123 (OO)
elekidVolkner the male Elekid
Health: 100% - Energy: 100%
Ability: Static - Item: N/A - Speed: 95
Condition: Rather bored.
Commands: Charge Beam/Magnet Rise ~ Mega Punch/Magnet Rise ~ Electroweb/Magnet Rise

Shadow11615 (OO)
mudkipFlop a Dop the male Mudkip
Health: 100% - Energy: 100%
Ability: Torrent- Item: N/A - Speed: 40
Condition: Just knighted and already in the mood to ride.
Commands: Toxic ~ Yawn ~ Mud Sport

-----

Simply sitting leisurely by one of the rocks, Volkner intently watched his opponent’s move. For that gesture’s benefit, he got a mouthful of purple caustic to the face, seeping through any opening to contaminate his veins. Noting the non-directly offensive moving and wiping it off his face with a swipe of his thick forearm, he proceeded to his own move; sparks flying from the tips of his plug-like horns, he defied gravity with a magnetic force and lifted off the ground, kicking up some dirt as he hovered.

From the air, the Elekid turned to watch his opponent again... And was met with the sight of a great big ol’ yawn. Seems as if he wasn’t the only one bored with the match so far. The awfully contagious visage effortless got to him, and as such, he was yawning in turn without much delay.

Unable to rise even further than he was already floating, Volkner was close to begging his opponent to attack... however, Flop a Dop remained carefree, playing in the dirt and soaking himself, almost as if to ignore the battle at hand. Unable to cope with such a level of boredom, Stryke123’s Pokémon helplessly drifted off to sleep.

-----

Stryke123 (OO)
Health: 98% - Energy: 96%
Status: Poisoned (toxic; 2% damage this round), asleep (100%). Under effects of Magnet Rise (3 more actions).
Condition: Might wake up when the battle actually begins, maybe.
Performed: Magnet Rise ~ Magnet Rise (failed) ~ Magnet Rise (failed)

Shadow11615 (OO)
Health: 100% - Energy: 87%
Condition: Donning the knightly suit of dirt armor.
Performed: Toxic ~ Yawn ~ Mud Sport

=Action 1
-Volkner waits on the opponent’s move.
-Commence Flop a Dop's Toxic.
*Successful hit [50 < 90].
*4% energy is spent.
*Volkner is badly poisoned.
-Commence Volkner's Magnet Rise.
*4% energy is spent.
*Volkner has the Levitate ability for the next five actions.
-Volkner takes 1% toxic poisoning damage.
=Action 2
-Commence Flop a Dop's Yawn.
*4% energy is spent.
*At the end of the next action, Volkner will fall asleep.
-Volkner attempts to use Magnet Rise, but the move fails, as Volkner is already under effects of Magnet Rise.
-4 actions remain for Magnet Rise.
=Action 3
-Commence Flop a Dop's Mud Sport.
*5% energy is spent.
*For the next 9 actions, Electric-type moves will be less effective against Shadow11615’s team.
-Volkner attempts to use Magnet Rise, but the move fails, as Volkner is already under effects of Magnet Rise.
-3 actions remain for Magnet Rise.
-Volkner takes 1% toxic poisoning damage. Yawn takes effect, and Volkner falls asleep.
=Totals
-Flop a Dop has spent 13% energy. Flop a Dop is under effects of Mud Sport for the next 9 actions.
-Volkner has taken 2% damage and spent 4% energy. Volkner is under effects of Magnet Rise for 3 more actions, badly poisoned, and asleep.

Notes:
-Apologies for the minor wait, I’ve kind of dithered around a lot with this and things have been hectic for the last few days.
-Shadow 11615 commands first next round.

I really could have planned better... And maybe I shouldn't make this a stall battle. But it's too late now.
Ok. FlopDoppy, use The Five Rule Algorithm.
1. Scald until burned.
2. Volkner=Burned=Dig(Down)
3. Underground+statused (self)=Refresh
4. Underground=Chill
5. Volkner=Protect=Hail
Scald/Hail~Scald/Hail/Dig(Down)~Scald/Dig(Down)/Refresh/Chill/Hail

Oh wow... This is going so wrong... Well, better see if I can salvage this battle.

Volkner, use Snore! And, yeah. Snore all 3 times. If you happen to wake up during this round, use Facade, and keep using it for as long as you can. So:

Snore/Facade~Snore/Facade~Snore/Facade

Stryke123 vs Shadow11615
Round 2

imagine a dirt arena, with about 6 rocks in it. Very original I know, but I want to keep it simple.

Stryke123 (OO)
Health: 98% - Energy: 96%
Status: Poisoned (toxic; 3% damage this round), asleep (100%). Under effects of Magnet Rise (3 more actions).
Condition: Might wake up when the battle actually begins, maybe.
Commands: Snore/Facade ~ Snore/Facade ~ Snore/Facade

Shadow11615 (OO)
Health: 100% - Energy: 87%
Condition: Donning the knightly suit of dirt armor.
Commands: Scald/Hail ~ Scald/Hail/Dig (down) ~ Scald/Dig (down)/Refresh/Chill/Hail

-----

Thinking carefully through the latest developments, the trainers issued more commands – be it by whispering them onto sleeping ears, be it by actually jotting down some kind of multiple-step plan. Just as such resumed the battle between the lazily drifting Elekid and the dust-truffled Mudkip.

Just as the slumbering Pokémon seemed like it couldn’t possibly be a threat... it started to snore, which reinforced that idea. Only for a moment, however; in time, the snoring began to intensify, from a bothersome volume to an unnaturally loud rumbling sound with enough intensity to stun. Desperately trying to curb the incessant noise, Flop a Dop spat a blast of boiling hot water straight into his enemy’s peaceful face, hoping that the combination drowning-burning sensation would be enough to make the cacophony end; alas, it continued on and on, leaving the poor Mudkip to abandon the fight for a brief moment, to brace himself and weather the noise for just long enough to regain his senses.

Even when he could finally bear down and focus on the fight again, Flop a Dop suddenly realized he had no idea what to do next. There was some sort of... algorithm? He’d completely his notion of where the plan would be going by that point, and the disconcerting snoring sounds definitely did not help him think of which move he should be using. Light-headed and downcast, he simply let the remainder of the round pass him by.

-----

Stryke123 (OO)
Health: 85% - Energy: 81%
Status: Poisoned (toxic; 3% damage this round), asleep (75%).
Condition: Not an ounce less bored.
Performed: Snore ~ Snore ~ Snore

Shadow11615 (OO)
Health: 85% - Energy: 83%
Condition: Desperately trying to get used to the snoring.
Performed: Scald ~ flinch ~ nothing

=Action 1
-Volkner does not wake up [no roll needed].
-Commence Volkner’s Snore
*Successful hit [no roll needed]. No critical hit [96 > 5]. No secondary effect activation [67 > 30].
*5% damage is dealt to Flop a Dop. [5% * 1 + 0 + 0 * 1 = 5%]
*5% energy is spent. [2.5% + 1 - 0 = 3.5% ≈ 4%]
-Volkner’s sleep counter falls to 95%.
-2 actions remain for Magnet Rise.
-Commence Flop a Dop's Scald.
*Successful hit [no roll needed]. No critical hit [11 > 5]. No secondary effect activation [31 > 30].
*10% damage is dealt to Volkner. [8% * 1.25 + 0 + 0 * 1 = 10%]
*4% energy is spent. [4% + 1 – 1 = 4%]
*Volkner’s sleep counter falls to 85%.
-8 actions remain for Mud Sport.
=Action 2
-Volkner does not wake up [43 < 85].
*Successful hit [no roll needed]. No critical hit [63 > 5]. Secondary effect activated. [30 = 30].
*Flop a Dop will flinch in this action.
-Volkner’s sleep counter falls to 80%.
-1 action remains for Magnet Rise.
-Flop a Dop flinches and cannot move.
-7 actions remain for Mud Sport.
=Action 3
-Volkner does not wake up [54 < 80].
*Successful hit [no roll needed]. No critical hit [86 > 5]. No secondary effect activation. [66 > 30].
-Volkner’s sleep counter falls to 75%.
-Volkner’s Magnet Rise ends.
-Flop a Dop cannot understand his commands due to excessive conditionals and does not move.
-6 actions remain for Mud Sport.
=Totals
-Flop a Dop has taken 15% damage and spent 4% energy. Mud Sport’s duration is at 6 actions.
-Volkner has taken 13% damage and spent 15% energy. Volkner is no longer under effects of Magnet Rise. Volkner’s sleep counter is at 75%.

Notes:
-Snore caused Flop a Dop to flinch on the second action.
-Magnet Rise’s duration ended on the third action.
-Algorithm or no, Pokémon cannot understand commands with four or more conditionals. Since Flop a Dop was given five different possible moves in the third action, he ultimately failed to pick one.
-Stryke123 commands first next round.

Alright. Volkner, just Snore like never before, and if you wake up, use Facade the rest of the round. So...

Snore/Facade~Snore/Facade~Snore/Facade

(Yep, its the same as last round.)

Stryke123 vs Shadow11615
Round 3

Stryke123 (OO)
Health: 85% - Energy: 81%
Status: Poisoned (toxic; 4% damage this round), asleep (75%).
Condition: Not an ounce less bored.
Commands: Snore/Facade ~ Snore/Facade ~ Snore/Facade

Shadow11615 (OO)
Health: 85% - Energy: 83%
Condition: Desperately trying to get used to the snoring.
Commands: Scald ~ Scald ~ Scald

-----

For once, as he drifted back into the ground, Volkner seemed to sleep peacefully – quietly, one would instantly notice. The soothing silence briefly lifted Flop a Dop’s spirits...

... And yet, as soon as he started to attack again, he was caught perfectly off-guard by another guttural ear-blaster, this time sounding through the very ground and making it appear to shake. For a few moments, the attacking Mudkip could do little more than desperately focus on not losing his footing as the horrific noise stunned him.

The phonetic abuse persisted for the whole round, but Shadow11615’s Pokémon eventually managed to get just used enough to it that he could stick to the plan. Almost praying that he’d finally manage to knock awake that broken amplifier of an opponent, he doused the enemy’s face with scorching hot water yet again and yet again. No reaction; Volkner was, at best, only marginally less bored than earlier.

-----

Stryke123 (OO)
Health: 61% - Energy: 66%
Status: Poisoned (toxic; 4% damage this round), asleep (40%).
Condition: Appears uncomfortable, but still completely bored.
Performed: Snore ~ Snore ~ Snore

Shadow11615 (OO)
Health: 70% - Energy: 75%
Condition: Worried about long-term hearing loss.
Performed: flinch ~ Scald ~ Scald

=Action 1
-Volkner does not wake up [23 < 75].
*Successful hit [no roll needed]. No critical hit [76 > 5]. Secondary effect activated. [27 < 30].
*Flop a Dop will flinch in this action.
-Volkner’s sleep counter falls to 70%.
-Flop a Dop flinches and cannot move.
-5 actions remain for Mud Sport.
=Action 2
-Volkner does not wake up [3 < 70].
*Successful hit [no roll needed]. No critical hit [41 > 5]. No secondary effect activation [68 > 30].
-Volkner’s sleep counter falls to 65%.
*Successful hit [no roll needed]. No critical hit [41 > 5]. No secondary effect activation [66 > 30].
*Volkner’s sleep counter falls to 55%.
-4 actions remain for Mud Sport.
-Volkner takes 2% toxic poisoning damage.
=Action 3
-Volkner does not wake up [16 < 55].
*Successful hit [no roll needed]. No critical hit [31 > 5]. No secondary effect activation. [47 > 30].
-Volkner’s sleep counter falls to 50%.
*Successful hit [no roll needed]. No critical hit [17 > 5]. No secondary effect activation [69 > 30].
*Volkner’s sleep counter falls to 40%.
-3 actions remain for Mud Sport.
=Totals
-Volkner has taken 24% damage and spent 15% energy. Volkner’s sleep counter is at 40%.
-Flop a Dop has taken 15% damage and spent 8% energy. Mud Sport’s duration is at 3 actions.

Notes:
-Snore on the first action triggered a flinch; besides that, no secondary effects activated in the round, and Volkner hasn’t managed to wake up.
-Shadow11615 commands first next round.

Hmm... I wonder what my plan of action could be this time... Let's switch it up a tad. Snore loud and proud the first two turns, Volkner, and if you wake up, use Facade. But on the third turn, just chill.

Snore/Facade~Snore/Facade~Chill

Stryke123 vs Shadow11615
Round 4

Stryke123 (OO)
Health: 61% - Energy: 66%
Status: Poisoned (toxic; 5% damage this round), asleep (40%).
Condition: Appears uncomfortable, but still completely bored.
Commands: Snore/Facade ~ Snore/Facade ~ Chill

Shadow11615 (OO)
Health: 70% - Energy: 75%
Condition: Worried about long-term hearing loss.
Commands: Scald ~ Scald ~ Scald

-----

The end of the previous round amounted to little more than a pause in the constant status of the battle, as the situation of old engine-like snoring and desperate application of hot water continued. Even acquiring a painful, unsightly redness over the whole face did little to placate Volkner’s bottomless tedium.

When it seemed like another round would end in the same status quo, however, things suddenly started to change. The Elekid’s eyes finally sprung open again... even if he still had more of a mind to slack off than fight at that point. His opponent kept the hot water coming just be sure, but that did very little more than reveal a pale red glow on the attack’s mark. However, the sudden motion from attempting to target a now-awake foe caused Flop a Dop’s knightly armor of shining mud crack, coming apart to expose his blue skin once more.

The battling Pokémon eyed each other carefully – anything could happen now as the rhythm of the fight showed signs of changing...

-----

Stryke123 (OO)
Health: 34*% - Energy: 66%
Status: Poisoned (toxic; 5% damage this round). Burned (moderately).
Condition: Finally starting to get interested. Just starting.
Performed: Snore ~ Snore ~ Chill

Shadow11615 (OO)
Health: 60% - Energy: 63%
Condition: Downcast by his sudden loss of lordliness.
Performed: Scald ~ Scald ~ Scald

=Action 1
-Volkner does not wake up [10 < 40].
*Successful hit [no roll needed]. No critical hit [69 > 5]. No secondary effect activation. [81 > 30].
-Volkner’s sleep counter falls to 35%.
*Successful hit [no roll needed]. No critical hit [19 > 5]. Secondary effect activated [22 < 30].
*Volkner is now moderately burned.
*Volkner’s sleep counter falls to 25%.
-2 actions remain for Mud Sport.
-Volkner takes 2% toxic poisoning damage and 1% burn damage.
=Action 2
-Volkner does not wake up [17 < 25].
*Successful hit [no roll needed]. No critical hit [68 > 5]. No secondary effect activation [55 > 30].
-Volkner’s sleep counter falls to 20%.
*Successful hit [no roll needed]. No critical hit [57 > 5].
*Volkner’s sleep counter falls to 10%.
-1 actions remain for Mud Sport.
-Volkner takes 1% toxic poisoning damage and 1% burn damage.
=Action 3
-Volkner wakes up [55 > 10].
-Commence Volkner’s Chill
*10% energy is restored.
*Successful hit [no roll needed]. No critical hit [56 > 5].
*2% damage is dealt to Volkner. 8% damage is blocked by the damage cap. [8% * 1.25 + 0 + 0 * 1 = 10%]
-Mud Sport's duration ends.
-Volkner takes no poisoning or burn damage this action due to the damage cap.
=Totals
-Volkner has taken 27% damage. Volkner is no longer asleep. Volkner is now moderately burned.
-Flop a Dop has taken 10% damage and spent 12% energy. Mud Sport’s effects have ended.

Notes:
-Scald procced burn on the first action.
-After some awfully unlucky sleep rolls, Volkner finally woke up on the third action.
-Volkner hit the damage cap on the third action.
-Mud Sport’s effect on Shadow11615’s team has reached the end of its duration on the third action.
-Stryke123 commands first next round.

Last edited:
Um... Should I be worried or ecstatic? I guess both. Let's give it all we got Volkner!

Magnet Rise~Thunderbolt~Thunder

Change of plan? Fine. Your wish is my command (to you).
Damage? Or stall? That is the question. The match draws near, every move will have to count (or not).
Scald~Protect~Double Team

Stryke123 vs Shadow11615
Round 5

Stryke123 (OO)
Health: 34% - Energy: 66%
Status: Poisoned (toxic; 6% damage this round). Burned (moderately).
Condition: Finally starting to get interested. Just starting.
Commands: Magnet Rise ~ Thunderbolt ~ Thunder

Shadow11615 (OO)
Health: 60% - Energy: 63%
Condition: Downcast by his sudden loss of lordliness.
Commands: Scald ~ Protect ~ Double Team

-----

Limbering up from the stupor of the recently awakened, Volkner wasted no more time getting back to action, showing off his superior mobility by making his move much before his opponent could even get set. He dashed forward and leapt, one arm raised. And then, he just remained airborne in that position, having used Magnet Rise once more with a false start. For his flourish, he earned himself another searing rinse from the enemy.

Finally looking alive, the Elekid went ahead with a familiar move; the sparks running across his horns grew brighter and fiercer, until he blasted them away with a jerk of his head. A dangerous electric surge raced for Flop a Dop... Only to harmlessly course around a protective barrier and into the earth below.

The Mudkip's resistance only served to whet his foe's excitement. As soon as the mudfish Pokémon put on a starting dash for his next move, he was suddenly struck by a roaring bolt straight from the apparently mostly clear skies. Fortunately, he had coincidentally been positioned so as to keep the worst of the charge away from most of noteworthy danger zones in his body, but the damage was still plain to see as Flop a Dop struggled to keep his blackened legs in blurring stride until the end of the round.

-----

Stryke123 (OO)
Health: 15% - Energy: 51%
Status: Poisoned (toxic; 6% damage this round). Burned (moderately). Under effects of Magnet Rise (3 more actions).
Condition: All of a sudden, grinning fiercely.
Performed: Magnet Rise ~ Thunderbolt (missed) ~ Thunder

Shadow11615 (OO)
Health: 40% - Energy: 49%
Condition: Sporting a new suit of armor -- a soot of armor.
Performed: Scald ~ Protect ~ Double Team

=Action 1
-Commence Volkner’s Magnet Rise.
*4% energy is spent.
*Volkner has the Levitate ability for the next five actions.
*Successful hit [no roll needed]. No critical hit [95 > 5].
=Action 2
-Commence Flop a Dop’s Protect.
*2% energy is spent.
*Flop a Dop is protected against attacks in this action.
-Commence Volkner's Thunderbolt.
*The attack is Protected against. Flop a Dop spends 6% energy. [9% * 1*25 + 0 + 0 * 1.5 ÷ 3 = 5.625 ≈ 6%]
*4% energy is spent. [4.5% + 0 - 1 = 3.5% ≈ 4%]
-4 actions remain for Magnet Rise.
=Action 3
-Commence Volkner's Thunder.
*Successful hit [26 < 70]. No critical hit [25 > 5]. No secondary effect activation [97 > 30].
*20% damage is dealt. [11% * 1.25 + 0 + 0 * 1.5 = 20.625% ≈ 20%]
*7% energy is spent. [6.5% + 1 - 1 = 6.5% ≈ 7%]
-3 actions remain for Magnet Rise.
Commence Flop a Dop's Double Team.
*2% energy is spent.
*Flop a Dop now has 2 clones.
=Totals
-Volkner has taken 19% damage and spent 15% energy. Volker is under effects of Magnet Rise for the next 3 actions.
-Flop a Dop has taken 20% damage and spent 14% energy. Flop a Dop has two Double Team clones.

Notes:
-Protect successfully prevented Thunderbolt from landing on the second action.
-Shadow11615 commands first next round.

Well, its time to pull out my ace in the sleeve... or something... I'll command now.

Substitute (Small)~Thunder~Light Screen

Back
Top Bottom