• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Hamilton Mafia (A Small, Quick, Experimental Game)

JackPK

blame telegram
Pronoun
he/him
Hamilton Mafia
A Small, Quick, Experimental Game

First and foremost: I’m only seeking five (5) players for this game. If there’s a significant amount of interest, I may open it up to slightly more, but at this point five is the goal. If you’re already participating in Mimikyu’s Mafia Choice Mafia, please don’t join this game unless you’re sure juggling two games won’t interfere with your ability to fully engage in either. Thanks for your consideration!

Basically, the experiment in this game is that the mafia isn’t seeking to outnumber the innocents — it’s just aiming to kill off one specific innocent. Meanwhile, the town’s goal is to protect that innocent while rooting out the mafia.

I’m keeping the specific roles and their flavors a secret to avoid making the game easy to solve by picking apart the flavor of the mafia’s fakeclaim on day one. Rest assured, though, that I am not throwing away my shot at entertaining you Hamilton fans!

The rules are the same as always for my games:

Rules:
  • You must post at least once during each day phase. The first violation is an in-thread warning; the second is a modkill.
  • You must send in your night action every night, if you have one. Abstaining from use is a valid night action (unless your role PM states otherwise). The first violation is a PM warning; the second is a modkill.
  • The only players who can communicate out-of-game are the scum faction(s) and any others whose roles explicitly include out-of-game communication. I'll start a Quicktopic thread or threads for this purpose so they can be shared upon the game's end along with the role descriptions and night action log.
  • You may not directly quote your role PM. You are, of course, allowed to publicly claim (or falsify) as much of it as you like, as long as you don’t copy the text of it word-for-word.

Unlike my usual games, phases for this game will last 24 hours each! Since this is a small game, the goal is for it to run more quickly than usual!

Again, I’m seeking five players, or maybe slightly more if there’s a lot of interest.

If you’re interested in this game but don’t want to play two games simultaneously, speak up, and if several of y’all share this view, I’ll defer this game until after Mafia Choice Mafia ends.

Good luck!

I would love to play this but probably shouldn't take on two games. :(

I'm presuming at this point that there's nothing in Mimikyu'a game to revive people, so those of you who are dead in it are fine to join this one.

Knowledge of Hamilton will be very much relevant to the flavor of this game, but it'll still be possible to play without knowing it. I do highly recommend it, though, as it's an excellent musical — and the cast recording's available for free on Spotify and YouTube.

Uh, since there appears to be more interest in this game than I anticipated, let's go with a target of either 8 or 9 players, instead. I'm definitely sure I won't be able to handle more than that, though.

Eep, sorry for the delay! IRL stuff was a bit prohibitive of me being able to start this game until last night, and then since Butterfree died I wanted to give her the chance to join. But since she's here now, we can start!

Signups are closed, role PMs are going out now, and the game will begin shortly!

Back
Top Bottom