• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Maybe..

Jerrrge

What does everyone think of a pokemon game with every region and the person traveling through all throughout?

Thoughts?

I'm sure every Pokemon fan has dreamed of this. The problem? Pokemon only grow to Lv. 100. By the time you get to the 3rd region (G/S proved two regions can work nicely with the sacrifice of a deeper story), your team will be a powerhouse, causing every other trainer in the game to have strong teams as well. The sense of progression will grind to a halt when your team caps at Lv. 100 and you still have one or two regions left to explore. I guess you could start each region with a fresh team, but that's kind of jarring.

Moved to general pokemon discussion. Please keep threads in the upcoming games forum about actual upcoming games! :)

I know absolutely nothing about programming or anything like that, but I also doubt it would be able to be on a portable console like the DS, because in order to include all 5 regions and do it decently they would probably need a lot of space.

So, unless GameFreak actually wants to try making a serious, mainstream Pokemon game on some console like the Wii or PC or something, it probably wouldn't happen. And I don't think Pokemon is the kind of game that would really work on the Wii, and I'm not sure what other non-portable consoles Nintendo has (I know Sony has the PS3, but who has the XBOX360 again?).

There might be a way, if you somehow explore segments or if the new regions are only there for pokedex reasons only, but that'd never happen. I really wished there was a game that could make it work though

Alternatively, they could raise the level cap... *wink wink not really*

well technically the cap in rby was 255 :V so that could work. raise it to 200 and space out evolutions (this could be a time in the future where not much change has occurred in the past while so pokémon change slower too) or pull a mystery dungeon and make evolutions wait until a certain point but keep evo levels the same, space out moves so that pogeys learn some past 100 and such, it could work!

well technically the cap in rby was 255 :V so that could work. raise it to 200 and space out evolutions (this could be a time in the future where not much change has occurred in the past while so pokémon change slower too) or pull a mystery dungeon and make evolutions wait until a certain point but keep evo levels the same, space out moves so that pogeys learn some past 100 and such, it could work!

They could also do individual level caps for different Pokèmon, Digimon style. That might get really annoying really quick, though.

Or implement a system where you can't use your previous region Pokemon until after a specific point in the newer region. That way you actually raise new Pokemon instead of bee-lining the game with a powerhouse team of six overkill Pokemon...

Or implement a system where you can't use your previous region Pokemon until after a specific point in the newer region. That way you actually raise new Pokemon instead of bee-lining the game with a powerhouse team of six overkill Pokemon...

This, but you can't until AFTER you beat them all.

Honestly, it is a good idea on paper but implementing it would make every other Pokemon game after it seem like crap.

I'd be scared to play a game like that xD Way too long. WE HAVE NEARLY 8 GENS NOW FOR CRYING OUT MISSINGNOS o___O;;;

Back
Top Bottom