• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Forum Games Post Count

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyeugh

onion witch
Pronoun
she/her
Suggestion: that the forum games, introductions, and similar things, no longer count toward the post count of a user on the forum. They are not actually contributing to the forum, therefore I feel as if they shouldn't really be counted as posts at all.

inb4 everything

An idea though; whether you're for or against forum games postcount, would making a forum games social group (I don't think posts there count? I could be wrong) be a viable secret third option?

Last edited:
inb4 everything

An idea though; whether you're for or against forum games postcount, would making forum games into a social group (I don't think posts there count? I could be wrong) be a viable secret third option?
Actually yes, that would be significantly smoother, assuming that it doesn't in fact count toward your posts. So, new petition: "Forum Games into Social Group!"

This has been discussed about five hundred billion times.

Short version: You should not care about post count; post count is never going to count how many good posts you've made anyway no matter what forums are excluded; when post count was off in forum games people just complained endlessly on the basis that post count is supposed to count posts. This causes less complaining.

Short short version: No. Not doing this again. Sorry.

If you really want the long version, look at my posts in one of the many previous Forum Discussion threads about this.

Last edited:
considering forum games is like half of this forum's activity right now i don't really see much point in saying those posts don't count

^ I got ninja'd, but. Yeah, I go on to Today's Posts, and see this, and I went

"Oh good god. This AGAIN."

Anyway, yeah, it's not like much is going on in TCoDland so it makes sense to count this. Back when people actually MADE real posts, I think it'd definitely be sensible, but.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom